Nathan Peterman could end up surprising Buffalo Bills fans by winning the starting job.

10 hours ago, JohnC said:

I respectfully disagree that many people believed that the Bills were not going to move up in the draft and dedicate this season to rebuild with the added picks. (Maybe a few people did but you are always going to have contrary voices.) The Bills strategy of aggressively moving up the board to select one of the top three or four qbs was widely known. The judgment that it was going to take moving up from our lower first round picks was the prevailing view in the league and by the fans. The Bills gave up Cordy Glenn for virtually nothing other than moving up the board to the twelve or thirteen spot. That set up the stage to move up again. This was all done in the open. 

As I have stated in prior posts the Bills for more than a year were very transparent about what their strategy was to get a qb. The emphasis was on the draft to get one of the top tier prospects. When all was said and done this organization was masterful in accomplishing their mission without mortgaging the future. The Bills ended up with nearly a full complement of picks this year and still have all their picks for next year. 

It's also apparent that although Peterman and McCarron will have a fair opportunity to compete for the starting job this year (or part of this year) Allen is the qb in which this franchise is invested in as their franchise qb. The timetable for him is predicated on what he can handle and what is best for him from a developmental standpoint. 

Which suggest one of two things ? You pick the one you suspect is closer to correct : )
 They feel that Allen will ramp up quickly ..

because they have little faith in running a competitive team week in week out with one of Nate or AJM ( does he have a first name? ) /

Or they felt enough confidence in one of the two  "veterans" to carry the team long enough and yet viable till Mr Allen is deemed Ready

that latter is my pick.
I am not too worried who starts honestly.
 Do have my worries though John  : )

22 hours ago, Commonsense said:

That’s exactly why I see Allen having every opportunity to win the job. He would benefit the most from play action and a run heavy scheme. I doubt AJM and Peterman’s arm strength would offer much in the deep ball department. If Peterman’s arm has improved I will be the first one to give him credit come preseason. 

perhaps for once season Daboll works on his horizontal passing game ?

: )

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wonder how many 5th round completely basic QBs get talked about winning starting jobs?

2 ?

2 hours ago, jdonley1180 said:

as long as they cycle through both Mccarron and Peterman before Allen sees the field i don't care which one starts. I would lovee  it if Allen didn't even see the field this year. Get the Oline situated in the off season next year then maybe see what he has learned

Perfect worlds. get O Line and WRs sorted before starting your 1st round hope and dream of the future state. We both know it rarely if ever can happen that way.

if Bills go with two ( ? !! ) Good chance Allen is the in who goes in right ?

Once you put him in ? It will be very difficult to turn back, very difficult.
even if he pulls a Peterman !

amirite ?

yes I am 

On 7/9/2018 at 5:01 PM, Gigs said:

Bro, how many picks did he throw in that half? I’d rather have Naaman Roosevelt play QB than Peterman ?. If I were HC I would’ve cut him and then had a turk hold his head under my ass so I can show him his replays.

Seriously tho, how hard were you laughing when you typed this up? Are you Nathan Peterman?

are you that easily swayed?  I think it's a little crazy to judge him on 30 minutes of football when he's without question looked pretty good.  It's funny how nobody wants to remember the rest of the very little play time we have to look at. 

On 7/10/2018 at 6:18 PM, 3rdand12 said:

Well Bills Coaching need to show it can not only pick a QB he is most likely to succeed , short term and or long term i think. And whomever they decide to start ? They need to show they can coach him up and run an Offense with Daboll in charge.

whatever they decide they need to win games right away AND in the future. and that may not be the same QB over this season or next.

Dance with whomever brung ya ( preseason) lol.

May the best one win and may the Bills make the right choice to get the season started. <  ( That is my issue really )

What is this Daboll character going to do coming directly of such a great College program with that critical win , and now wading hip deep back into the Pond called the NFL !

Go Bills !

Win now and in the future! I'm the eternal optimist. Shady probably plays the entire season this year, give him a Barry Sanders role to have a somewhat servicable offense to let the defense carry us some wins. Retool the offense for his likely suspension next year (EVEN IF HE"S INNOCENT THE NFL WILL AND HAS SUSPENDED PLAYERS IN HIS SITUATION, NO COMMENT ON THE SHADY STORY.. that's just what is going to happen. Like 90% chance). And hope Josh Allen turns stud.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:03 PM, 3rdand12 said:

2 ?

Perfect worlds. get O Line and WRs sorted before starting your 1st round hope and dream of the future state. We both know it rarely if ever can happen that way.

if Bills go with two ( ? !! ) Good chance Allen is the in who is next up and in right if injury occurs ?

Once you put him in ? It will be very difficult to turn back, very difficult.
even if he pulls a Peterman !

amirite ?

yes I am 

oops
 i was correcting and thought I was in edit mode

this sentence bolded is just embarrassing and hilarious if you know me at all : )

I meant to say Allen will be have to be trusted enough. If they dress two.

anyone think Allen goes as a healthy scratch week One ??

Edited by 3rdand12
boldings