Nathan Peterman could end up surprising Buffalo Bills fans by winning the starting job.

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

If either can be steady , or just consistent , that would be fine.

Keep in mind  Teams are going to stack the box like last year  till l proven otherwise. Just the way the NFL rolls.

The O line protection has more to prove than either AJM or Nathan. Protect them and create respect for the run game ? and Bills might have something whilst waiting for Big Ole Josh Allen to take the reins

: 0

That’s exactly why I see Allen having every opportunity to win the job. He would benefit the most from play action and a run heavy scheme. I doubt AJM and Peterman’s arm strength would offer much in the deep ball department. If Peterman’s arm has improved I will be the first one to give him credit come preseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I wouldn't be surprised in the least, nor would I be entirely disappointed either.  If they want Josh Allen to succeed, the Bills will need him to grow into a starting role, and Peterman looked good at times, better than what they have passed off to fans as a starting QB over the last decade anyway, so it could only benefit the team if he does play well.  If he plays really well, then you have a QB problem.  If he plays adequate, then you have a good enough reason to bring Josh along to supplant him.  I see no down side here.

You covered my thoughts. I'm thinking it's between AJMcCarron and Peterman. The offense is still rebuilding with a new OC coming off a down year. It would be nice to test run the scheme and try to find success before you insert first round draft pick Josh Allen. At least if I was in control that would be my agenda. 

Josh Allen starting the season would surprise me. I'm not against it but I would hope the team feels it has it together. 

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

If Peterman wins the job they are legitimately trying for a top pick.

McCarron is an established backup veteran and should be better than Peterman. At least good enough to win 4-8 games

I don’t see Peterman winning 4 games...

If they want to protect Josh because they think we don’t have the pieces around him then they are going to sacrifice Peterman to the football gods

and try and draft Nicki Bicpes aka Nick Bosa

What actual starter have we trotted out over the past 10 years that was as bad statistically as Peterman?

not TT,not Orton, not even EJ or Jeff Tuel who was undrafted

even Thad Lewis won us 2 games with more TDs than picks 

Stats are irrelevant to assess Peterman at this point. Sample size is the most basic concept when it comes to stats. I'm not defending the Peterman Catalogue......nor do I think he's high caliber. Just saying you can't write him off........yet. 

1 hour ago, The Process said:

Stats are irrelevant to assess Peterman at this point. Sample size is the most basic concept when it comes to stats. I'm not defending the Peterman Catalogue......nor do I think he's high caliber. Just saying you can't write him off........yet. 

I saw what you did there  : )

I think it’s interes how the Bills QB position has evolved in the past few weeks. I recall quite a few on here being sure that the Bills would not move up in the draft and convinced that AJ McC would be the inevitable starter while the franchise spent 2019 in total rebuilding mode. Flash forward to today and you hardly hear AJs name being mentioned at all. (Has to be one the shortest careers on record for a Bills starter!)

14 hours ago, Gigs said:

Bro, how many picks did he throw in that half? I’d rather have Naaman Roosevelt play QB than Peterman ?. If I were HC I would’ve cut him and then had a turk hold his head under my ass so I can show him his replays.

Seriously tho, how hard were you laughing when you typed this up? Are you Nathan Peterman?

Think I'll lurk around here and see if you come up with anything useful to add to the conversation (or are we just going to get more one liners).

35 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I think it’s interes how the Bills QB position has evolved in the past few weeks. I recall quite a few on here being sure that the Bills would not move up in the draft and convinced that AJ McC would be the inevitable starter while the franchise spent 2019 in total rebuilding mode. Flash forward to today and you hardly hear AJs name being mentioned at all. (Has to be one the shortest careers on record for a Bills starter!)

I respectfully disagree that many people believed that the Bills were not going to move up in the draft and dedicate this season to rebuild with the added picks. (Maybe a few people did but you are always going to have contrary voices.) The Bills strategy of aggressively moving up the board to select one of the top three or four qbs was widely known. The judgment that it was going to take moving up from our lower first round picks was the prevailing view in the league and by the fans. The Bills gave up Cordy Glenn for virtually nothing other than moving up the board to the twelve or thirteen spot. That set up the stage to move up again. This was all done in the open. 

As I have stated in prior posts the Bills for more than a year were very transparent about what their strategy was to get a qb. The emphasis was on the draft to get one of the top tier prospects. When all was said and done this organization was masterful in accomplishing their mission without mortgaging the future. The Bills ended up with nearly a full complement of picks this year and still have all their picks for next year. 

It's also apparent that although Peterman and McCarron will have a fair opportunity to compete for the starting job this year (or part of this year) Allen is the qb in which this franchise is invested in as their franchise qb. The timetable for him is predicated on what he can handle and what is best for him from a developmental standpoint. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly I didnt even care about the 5 pick game. He got completely crushed and it rattled him. Some of it wasnt his fault either. 

That was one hell of a welcome to the NFL. If he is able to mentally recover from that and show improvement...I dont see at why he cant easily be the starter this year. 

I don't necessarily believe Bills fans want to see Peterman start.  The poll was asking if fans believe he deserves a shot.  There is a big difference between thinking he deserves a chance to start and wanting him to be the starter.  

How long in training camp before a starter needs to be named?  I would think after the second game.

17 hours ago, Madd Charlie said:

"Nathan Peterman could end up surprising Buffalo Bills fans by winning the starting job".

and the he could (and likely would) NOT surprise this Bills fan by throwing 2-4 interceptions per game and making McDermott look like a fool again. I personally doubt that happens for this reason alone. McCarron could throw a few interceptions and it would be a completely different national reaction than it would for Peter Man. It would take some stones the size of Lackawanna for this to happen. I think they are talking him up because he's trade bait if anything JMO

Holy crap. This guy is a troll, right?

I still have Allen winning the job.  I don't care that he was with the 3rd string all throughout mini camps/OTA.  Cam Newton was there his rookie season too.  It's where they are at the end of training camp.  Allen just can make downfield throws that AJ and Peterman can't make.  To me, it's just if his decision making is comparable.  If it is anywhere close you have to go with Allen IMO. 

as long as they cycle through both Mccarron and Peterman before Allen sees the field i don't care which one starts. I would lovee  it if Allen didn't even see the field this year. Get the Oline situated in the off season next year then maybe see what he has learned

On 7/9/2018 at 6:23 PM, Madd Charlie said:

There's definitely truth to what you say but this is a very special circumstance. I think Peternam should play again I just think making him the starter at the beginning is a HUGE risk. OMG it would be the biggest story in the league for a team that's finally building confidence if he goes down in flames. Josh starts and doesn't play great right away you charge it to rookie learning, McCarron doesn't play well you say ok at least he got a shot in the NFL it is what it is, Peterman starts the season and doesn't play well it's a national poostorm and then you have to sit him again and at that point his career probably is done. If Peterman comes in relief of McCarron then your playing him because you need to give the rooke time completely different scenario as far as perception goes. 

Well Bills Coaching need to show it can not only pick a QB he is most likely to succeed , short term and or long term i think. And whomever they decide to start ? They need to show they can coach him up and run an Offense with Daboll in charge.

whatever they decide they need to win games right away AND in the future. and that may not be the same QB over this season or next.

Dance with whomever brung ya ( preseason) lol.

May the best one win and may the Bills make the right choice to get the season started. <  ( That is my issue really )

What is this Daboll character going to do coming directly of such a great College program with that critical win , and now wading hip deep back into the Pond called the NFL !

Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I might have mentioned something to that effect......

I like to think we are still just BS'n and spitballing.

-Ideally Allen nails it down.

-Fun to cheer Peterman on after such a devastating start last year. My stomach hurt for him during the game right after the INT.
Sincerely hope he beats AJM because that stuff is what we Bills Fans are made up of. Underdog Spirit.

-AJM was likely picked up by McBeanes to start. Thinking patience for the Offense to be built.
so if i was betting ?
still think it's the guy with the over the top tattoo over his middle aged physique . Okay to be wrong on this one folks : )