Attending game in Miami.

Its a beautiful stadium, depending on the weather you will have a good time.

I don't care what anyone says the Roof was a complete waste of money. Should have doomed the place but the owner thought he would get cute and provide a home advantage.

It doesn't work.

Miami is mostly Hispanic Cubans that prefer soccer. A Dolphin fan is most likely living in Naples, Fort Myers

Edited by THE SLAMMER

Been to a least a dozen games in Miami and will be there again this year.  As many have mentioned, Miami is a rather tame away game due to the lack of Dolphins support and abundance of Bills fans who show up.  

Despite this, I treat Miami like I do going to any NFL away game.  I'll usually tone down my attire.  Wearing a Bills hat and polo shirt, rather than the full on Jersey.  Additionally, my overall NFL rule is the better the seating section equals less rowdiness.  

I don't have any kids but I don't think I would bring any kid to an NFL game until they are in there teens.  Just too many drunken buffoons.  

If you are not stupid and dont get smashed and you are able to ignore dumb drunk people the odds of any issues are almost zero.  If you cant resist engaging with people trying to push your buttons then it might be a little more interesting.

My best advice is to arrive around 11 then party at the Charter bus area. Parking area #1 People buy the excursion and don't show up. You can find extra tickets there.

These are mostly backers club charters from around  the state of Florida. They will take good care of you there. There is a huge crowd from that area that walk together to the stadium. Probably 1500 Bills fans.

Edited by THE SLAMMER

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I'm feeling better about attending.

We may be leaving for Orlando right after the game. but in case we stay another night, is there a Bills bar in or near Miami? It might be fun to hook up with fans after the game.

I live in Ft Lauderdale and have only missed this game once in 20 years....my younger self found trouble but as I got older it's less and less. The crowd will be 50-50 but all depends on the standings. Its fine for taking a family and I will likely take mine 8yrs and 5 yrs for the game. If you're an ass, get ready to be treated like one but that goes for anywhere.

On a side note I am going to the B'More game, I don't need help with the area just curious abut the Ravens fans etc if anyone has ever been.

1 hour ago, MikeSpeed said:

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I'm feeling better about attending.

We may be leaving for Orlando right after the game. but in case we stay another night, is there a Bills bar in or near Miami? It might be fun to hook up with fans after the game.

I don't know if you are into hockey but this is a pretty solid 4 days:

Thu 11/29 Sabres at Lightning 
Fri 11/30 Sabres at Panthers
Sun 12/2 Bills at Dolphins

Since the early 2000's, I have been to South Florida for the Bills game 6 times. Since the Bills have sucked the majority of that time, the game is always secondary to just getting out of WNY and enjoying the weather and nightlife.

10 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

I've easily been to a dozen Bills games at Miami and we've never had a problem in Bills gear. In fact, it has been one of the tamest stadiums with regard to fan reaction toward us. I view Miami fans as fickle -- Many at the game are there to socialize and they don't care about much else.

You'll be fine. ?

P.S. We appreciate your son's service.

Same experience for me.  Been to a couple games

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

Hi all. I've never attended a Bill's game on enemy soil. My son, who is in the army, will be returning home from Afghanistan and we want to see the Miami game as part of our vacation plans. 

I've heard horror stories of fans attending away games. Mind you my 6 year old granddaughter may be attending also. So I'm looking for advice as to how to make this a great trip. Where is the safest place to sit, can we wear Bill's gear, hotel suggestions near Miami, and places to eat?

Any help would be awesome.

There is nothing to worry about in Miami unless you are looking for it 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

Hi all. I've never attended a Bill's game on enemy soil. My son, who is in the army, will be returning home from Afghanistan and we want to see the Miami game as part of our vacation plans. 

I've heard horror stories of fans attending away games. Mind you my 6 year old granddaughter may be attending also. So I'm looking for advice as to how to make this a great trip. Where is the safest place to sit, can we wear Bill's gear, hotel suggestions near Miami, and places to eat?

Miami fans are not as hardcore as others. You have  nothing to worry about.

I’ve been three times. Bills are 0-3 in those games and we were kicked out once (long story). Probably would be better off taking some of the other good advice in this thread, but I will say there are some great local Bills backers chapters that really put together a great gameday experience.  Lots of fun even though the games themselves sucked. 

14 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

I've been there twice with my wife and we had a great time. Never any concerns, some good-natured ribbing, but all in fun. The Bills lost both games, and there is a main street you have tow alk down as you leave the stadium, my wide called it "the walk of shame." Again, some ribbing, by all in fun. Also, the stadium will be almost 50/50 Bills to Dolphins fans. 

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Since the early 2000's, I have been to South Florida for the Bills game 6 times. Since the Bills have sucked the majority of that time, the game is always secondary to just getting out of WNY and enjoying the weather and nightlife.

Anytime a northern team plays the fins in December the fan ratio will be 50-50 although at the end of last years game it was more like 70-30 Bills fans. A lot of folks from Buffalo come down for the game and stay for the week to enjoy the weather, not too many fins fans (they call them Dolfans down here) want to go to Buffalo in December

The fins fan base is actually quite pathetic but a lot of them go to the stadium dressed as empty seats.

I recommend staying north of stadium near turnpike. I found it was real easy to get there and out since stadium is right off turnpike( I personally like Plantation which has a Courtyard with a Duffys sports bar within walking distance). Fans are generally nice and easy going. I have avoided endzones since it is usually where problems start in RWS. But still be safe due to some fans are jerks and thank your son for his service. Lastly I recommend staying closer to Miami than orlando because that is rough drive after a game(I live in Orlando)

I live in Miami and have been to many Bills games here.  In the 30 plus years that I have been going to games down here, I only have had a problem once.

The primary advice that I would give is: Remember you are a guest and don't be a dick.  Seriously. It is as simple as that.

The people that I have seen get in trouble in that stadium (for the most part) are drunk or jerky Bills or Jets fans who you could have predicted would elicit a negative reaction from people around them.  This is not a place like Philadelphia (Flyers or Eagles).

Two years ago, there were some Bills fans sitting in front of us who were acting like dicks.  To diffuse a situation that they were creating, I was the one that actually told them that they should tone it down while still having fun because they were likely to get into to trouble and guess who security always seems to kick out.  You guessed it, the away fans.  Fortunately, they listened to my advice and the situation was diffused. 

As for the Hard Rock Stadium improvements, I love them.  The stadium looks great and does provide significant shade. I have Miami Hurricane season tickets (30 yard line, lower bowl, home team side), and I love the improvements and think that what the Dolphins (Ross) did could serve as an alternative to what the Bills could do with New Era Stadium instead of building a new stadium.

It looks looks like a brand new stadium, provides protection from the elements, and provides the home team an acoustic advantage - it holds the sound in.

In the 40 years I've lived here, I have been to 8 or 10 games. I personally haven't had any problems. Oddly enough, most of the trouble I have seen was caused by Jets fans. They show up in surprising numbers and they are, um, Jets fans.