Worst Buffalo Bills player of all time

major

Tom Cousineau, as I feel he never wanted to play for Buffalo despite his words saying otherwise.To be fair, at that time though not many wanted to. . .... He was right though when he told Chuck Knox it was the wisest decision they ever made after they drafted him #1 overall in 1979,  as after he jumped ship from Buffalo never playing a down for them, and after his CFL days they eventually traded Tommy  not-so-terrific attitude for a #14 pick, which was for Jim Kelly. The rest is history. Four Super Bowls for Kelly, and a lackluster or less than steller career with the Browns for Cousineau, despite his early hype and high pay there. 

4 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I have some accidental footage from an overhead camera my spouse and I installed above our bed for "security purposes" which depicts me waking up from a nightmare, staring at the sky and shaking my fists while yelling in terror the words "McCargo! McCargo! McCargo!!!!"

WHAAAAT??? OMG that would be amazing video to see! Lmao

What a horrible draft that was?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Gary Marangi 

His 35.3 completion percentage is the worst all-time completion in a season (minimum 200 attempts)

Try factoring in completed passes to DBs on the OTHER team, see if that improves his numbers.  As a friend always maintained, the best advice they could have given Marangi would have been "throw to Blount".

Seriously, it has to be Aaron Maybin.  Even if there was another player close, he made a rap song about "Cravin" sacks.  You have to be a first class, Grade A Delta Bravo to make a rap song about yourself....

For those of you scratching your heads over what a Delta Bravo is...

Douche Bag.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Can't argue guys like Maybin, Mike Williams, etc. Based on their hype and draft slot, they were pretty rough.

I'm surprised most have already forgotten about Cyril Richardson. He was drafted as part of Marrone's OL overhaul to switch from guys that could move around to guys that were all 6'5" or more and tipped the scales at 345 lbs. Richardson was infuriating as he started, what, like 8 games in 2014 while a much more competent guard (Kraig Urbik) was on the sidelines. Richardson was just way to slow to keep up with NFL D-linemen. You could also throw Cyrus Kouandjio in there, he came in the same class as Richardson (as did Seantrel Henderson) and never lived up to the 2nd round pick used on him. Unlike Richardson, he actually did have a couple of games where he played half-way decent and he's still in the league (backup OL in Denver) whereas Richardson... I think he was with Houston for a hot minute (don't quote me) but his career is already done.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jerk said:

Pretty much. 

I think a better title would be most disappointing player.

I'll co-sign on Maybin. Also, Mark Anderson.  

Maybin and Mike Williams have to be on the short list. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

If you take the perspective of worst players that may have been ok but ultimately did not play up to potential or let the team down then:

Darryl Talley

Mark Kelso

Jeff Wright

Donte Whitner

Anyone understand this "perspective" regarding these 4 players....besides the one who posted it ?

I sure don't.

?

Edited by I am the egg man

51 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No.

The worst player was someone you've never heard of, who everyone you've listed in this thread beat for a final roster spot.

True.

Maybe a more interesting question is:  Who is the worst Bills starter of all time? Or:  Who was the worst Bills draft pick of all time?

Many of the names offered - sadly enough - were starters and/or high draft picks.    

As stated previously it depends on what you mean-worst compared to expectations or just worst on field? I would go Mike Williams for first(4th overall I believe) and Reggie Bush for latter(he literally was worse than just doing nothing)