major

Worst Buffalo Bills player of all time

It’s still a bit early but I REALLY HOPE that Shaq Lawson doesn’t show up on this list in a year or two. 

• Like 1

It depends how you interpret the question but Aaron Maybin is probably the worst combination of assets and production. He was picked 11th overall as a pass rusher and had as many sacks in a Bills uniform as me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s still a bit early but I REALLY HOPE that Shaq Lawson doesn’t show up on this list in a year or two. 

Lawson hasn’t lived up to his draft status but I don’t think he deserves to be anywhere on this list. I could probably think of at least 50 players worse than him

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

There are probably 100 names you could list here that no one would even recognize...guys who were late draft picks, especially when the draft was longer/deeper, and were the first to get cut.

Those are probably the worst Bills of all time.

A better topic would be "Worst Bills to start the season on the active roster" or some such.

The 2001 Bills roster had plenty of bad players, check this out

Raion HIll, Greggo wanted to play the 46 defense with this guy as his SS, the most important piece of the defense, according to him

Lance Brown, back up to Raion Hill...

Tony Driver, safety from Notre Dame, two years pro (injury prone)

Travares Tillman, guy could not play, made Pierson Priouleau an all pro in comparison

Chris Watson, punt catcher

Kendrick Office, try hard DE, 2 year pro

Kenyatta Wright, MLB, went to the Jets, only started two games with us, none for the Jets (3 years with them)

Erik Flowers, useless pass rusher, useless everything

Leif Larsen, very strong....

Fred Jones, another LB, never started a game in the NFL (4 year pro)

Philip Crosby, FB, three years with the team, I can't remember a single play or block this guy made.

Reggie Germany, WR, cool name, that's all

Avion Black, kick returner, sent to the Texans in supplemental draft, at least he caught a TD from David Carr

Dan O'Leary; TE, special teams, barely. 

Jon Carman, RT, who?

Craig Heimurger, G, 

Kris Farris, T, he can make a comeback, this time for real. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Don't forget McCargo

I have some accidental footage from an overhead camera my spouse and I installed above our bed for "security purposes" which depicts me waking up from a nightmare, staring at the sky and shaking my fists while yelling in terror the words "McCargo! McCargo! McCargo!!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

The 2001 Bills roster had plenty of bad players, check this out

Kendrick Office, try hard DE, 2 year pro

One of Gregggggggggo's classic quotes "Ha baht that Kendrick Office?"

Tom Cousineau, as I feel he never wanted to play for Buffalo despite his words saying otherwise.To be fair, at that time though not many wanted to. . .... He was right though when he told Chuck Knox it was the wisest decision they ever made after they drafted him #1 overall in 1979,  as after he jumped ship from Buffalo never playing a down for them, and after his CFL days they eventually traded Tommy  not-so-terrific attitude for a #14 pick, which was for Jim Kelly. The rest is history. Four Super Bowls for Kelly, and a lackluster or less than steller career with the Browns for Cousineau, despite his early hype and high pay there. 

4 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I have some accidental footage from an overhead camera my spouse and I installed above our bed for "security purposes" which depicts me waking up from a nightmare, staring at the sky and shaking my fists while yelling in terror the words "McCargo! McCargo! McCargo!!!!"

WHAAAAT??? OMG that would be amazing video to see! Lmao

What a horrible draft that was😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Gary Marangi 

His 35.3 completion percentage is the worst all-time completion in a season (minimum 200 attempts)

Try factoring in completed passes to DBs on the OTHER team, see if that improves his numbers.  As a friend always maintained, the best advice they could have given Marangi would have been "throw to Blount".

Maybe Maybin can do a creative painting to express our still-lingering frustration

Considering where he was drafted and how little he contributed the winner has to be Maybust....

Posted (edited)

Seriously, it has to be Aaron Maybin.  Even if there was another player close, he made a rap song about "Cravin" sacks.  You have to be a first class, Grade A Delta Bravo to make a rap song about yourself....

For those of you scratching your heads over what a Delta Bravo is...

Douche Bag.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Maybin

Mike Williams

Eric Flowers 

McCargo

All very high picks that were totally useless.   

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can't argue guys like Maybin, Mike Williams, etc. Based on their hype and draft slot, they were pretty rough.

I'm surprised most have already forgotten about Cyril Richardson. He was drafted as part of Marrone's OL overhaul to switch from guys that could move around to guys that were all 6'5" or more and tipped the scales at 345 lbs. Richardson was infuriating as he started, what, like 8 games in 2014 while a much more competent guard (Kraig Urbik) was on the sidelines. Richardson was just way to slow to keep up with NFL D-linemen. You could also throw Cyrus Kouandjio in there, he came in the same class as Richardson (as did Seantrel Henderson) and never lived up to the 2nd round pick used on him. Unlike Richardson, he actually did have a couple of games where he played half-way decent and he's still in the league (backup OL in Denver) whereas Richardson... I think he was with Houston for a hot minute (don't quote me) but his career is already done.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like 1

No.

The worst player was someone you've never heard of, who everyone you've listed in this thread beat for a final roster spot.

1 hour ago, The Jerk said:

Pretty much. 

I think a better title would be most disappointing player.

I'll co-sign on Maybin. Also, Mark Anderson.  

Maybin and Mike Williams have to be on the short list. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

If you take the perspective of worst players that may have been ok but ultimately did not play up to potential or let the team down then:

Darryl Talley

Mark Kelso

Jeff Wright

Donte Whitner

Anyone understand this "perspective" regarding these 4 players....besides the one who posted it ?

I sure don't.

😯

Edited by I am the egg man

Reggie bush had quite the stat 

51 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No.

The worst player was someone you've never heard of, who everyone you've listed in this thread beat for a final roster spot.

True.

Maybe a more interesting question is:  Who is the worst Bills starter of all time? Or:  Who was the worst Bills draft pick of all time?

Many of the names offered - sadly enough - were starters and/or high draft picks.    

14 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Aaron Maybin

I second this one. He was healthy and played maybe 10 snaps in 2 years. None his first

• Like 1