FredEx Always Delivers

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He was the star of the offense and the league knows how good Fred was

"Yeah, when we played those bad-to-average Bills teams we knew #22 would play hard."

I must say watching these flag football games are entertaining. Maybe the NFL should take note. Not necessarily no contact, but more space. 

One thing I thought about was eliminating the number of players on the field or making the field larger. More space would mean less collisions, less collisions means less head injuries. 

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I must say watching these flag football games are entertaining. Maybe the NFL should take note. Not necessarily no contact, but more space. 

One thing I thought about was eliminating the number of players on the field or making the field larger. More space would mean less collisions, less collisions means less head injuries. 

Both those ideas would drastically change the game.  And no matter what you do youll always have head injuries.  And even with more space players are still going to hit each and collisions will always be there.  For me we either have football or we eventually turned it into a game that was once football.

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Not really. Kyle Williams is easily better.

As far as fan favorites i'd say they would be 1 & 2 you can't beat either one for being a class member of the Bills for sure !! 

Got a Freddy J jersey want to get a Williams jersey this year & I'll be a happy tail gator !! 

Edited by T master

1 hour ago, T master said:

As far as fan favorites i'd say they would be 1 & 2 you can't beat either one for being a class member of the Bills for sure !! 

Got a Freddy J jersey want to get a Williams jersey this year & I'll be a happy tail gator !! 

As far as fan favorites go, absolutely.

7 hours ago, eball said:

Man, I appreciated Fred's effort as a Buffalo Bill as much as anyone but people sure do like worshiping "decent" players on bad teams.  Aside from 2011, when Fred was off to an awesome start until he got hurt, he had "nice" statistics but nothing that jumps out at you.  Really hard worker, great guy, and some memorable moments as a Bill, but certainly never an "elite" RB in the NFL.

He overcame pretty ridiculous odds to fashion a 9-year NFL career and should be commended for that.  He doesn't belong in the NFL in 2018 and to suggest he's "better" right now, at age 37, than RBs on NFL rosters is a bit silly.  Could he suit up, carry the ball a few times, and catch a few passes?  Sure, but not at the expense of younger players with more potential.

When someone starts clamoring for Fred to be on the Bills' wall of fame, my eyes will really start rolling.

Absolutely. Fred Jackson's stats were pretty average. But he was an awesome guy and sometimes the only thing to watch on Sunday because the rest of the team was so bad. But he was an average starter. Never elite.

Kyle Williams has probably never been elite either, but he has been really good. Definitely above average. He went to so many pro bowls for a reason.

Brian Moorman, on the other hand, was an elite punter. I think he deserves the wall of fame before Fred. I'd also put Kyle Williams on the wall of fame.

Edited by MJS

On 7/9/2018 at 2:49 PM, row_33 said:

Eric Moulds

i mean god bless Fred, but you are seriously putting this guy up as your best ever?

Yes definitely, based upon his body of work, his road to the pros, to how he carried himself as a pro.  I don't care who tossed up better numbers really.  I'd say it's between him and Kyle Williams as the two players who stood out the most.

Edited by Homey D. Clown