Football cliches and phrases that commentators all seem to wear out!

“Now here’s a guy......”

Madden invented it and it was great “Lester Hayes...now here’s a guy that has so muck stickum on his hands he’ll have a tough time getting his helmet off”

But now Gruden, Collinsworth and others say it and it sounds fake...like they’re stretching it out to describe some dumb fact about a player...”Now here’s a guy that was held back in second grade and now plays in the NFL...blah blah blah”

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Not comments or phrases but shots of Niagara falls and chicken wings whenever the game is in Buffalo.

Throwing in a phone booth.

I'm sure most kids don't even know what a phone booth is nowadays.

I always have a laugh noticing the [BN]competent running the tired story annually about Super Bowl Sunday being the biggest day of the year for most pizza and chicken wing joints.

16 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

STOP WATCHING THAT STUPID GAME

oh wait, that was my wife

I see that you have found a new home... and, If my wife said that I'd set her outside and lock the doors.

1 hour ago, T&C said:

I see that you have found a new home... and, If my wife said that I'd set her outside and lock the doors.

She is a bigger fan then me...lol

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Not comments or phrases but shots of Niagara falls and chicken wings whenever the game is in Buffalo.

My buddy and I have turned the Niagara Falls and chicken wing shots into a drinking game..

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

"Oh my!"

Dick Enberg wore that one out on his own.

....and a quick acknowledgment on the collegiate side to Keith Jackson (RIP)......'whoa Nellie"....or "third and a whole bunch of real estate"........two giants sadly gone...

• Like (+1) 2

Once he learns to “play within himself,” he can “play with intensity” as long as he “takes one play at a time” and “one game at a time” but if he “tries to do too much with the ball,” he’ll soon find himself “playing out the string” and be stuck “trying to play the spoiler” while the other team “continues their march to the playoffs.”

• Like (+1) 1

“It’s a balmy day by Buffalo standards”. Something along those lines is often said by announcers whenever Orchard Park reaches its typical high temp in the fall.

Also, how have we forgotten my personal favorite? “high motor”. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5