Who is the Great White Buffalo (OJ/One that Got Away/etc.)?

One That Got Away  

72 members have voted

1. 1. (the Real) Great White Buffalo

• Marshawn Lynch
    • Nigel Bradhm
    • Antoine Winfield
    • Jason Peters
    • Daryle Lamonica
    • Other

On 7/8/2018 at 9:47 AM, slipkid said:

Peters is a clase second, but watching Lamonica go was like watxhing AFL champions and SB contenders slip into also-rans for twenty years. The other guys were just “lamonica-ed” away.

I’m not sure Bradh belongs on the list, but Robert Woods might belong if he can remain productive for a few more years.

I just really like Bradham and had seen he was a PFF top 3 coverage LB two years in a row and needed a spot filler, lol

19 hours ago, colfax said:

letting Pat Williams  go hurt worse than Nigel

That would have been a better one, good catch, I spaced Big Pat (somehow)

38 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Lamonica it it isn't even close, 2 time league MVP.  Too much recency bias in this poll, i would bet half of the voters here barely know about Lamonica.

i early on went with The Mad Bomber, just missing his prime by a few years....

45 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i early on went with The Mad Bomber, just missing his prime by a few years....

I was too young to remember him at a Bill but he was unbelievably fun to watch, the old AFL was incredibly dynamic, the Namath-Lsamoonica games were legendary...these guys werent afraid to air it out.

21 hours ago, colfax said:

letting Pat Williams  go hurt worse than Nigel

I was too young for Lamonica but Pat Williams was dumb all around.  He wanted to stay in Buffalo, was a great player, and went on to have so many more productive seasons.  His leaving the team coincided with the drought lasting as long as it did imo.

Looking up stats the Bills finished 04 as the second best defense, 7th in rush d, and went 9-7.  In 05 they fell to 29th, 31st in rush d, and finished 5-11.

Probably the dumbest mistake Donahoe made including the trade for Losman and drafting of Willis.

• Like (+1) 1