Austin Proehl at Super Bowl XXXIV

Time flies fans. This is Austin on his dad's shoulders after Super Bowl XXXIV, he is now in camp as the Bills last pick at WR.

His dad Ricky Proehl should have had some of the most memorable catches in NFL history. Ricky was a lot like Danny Woodhead or Danny Amendola, a third or fourth WR that had huge catches at key times.

r393004_576x324_16-9.jpg&w=570

As a member of the Rams in the 1999 NFC Championship Game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Ricky Proehl recorded six receptions for 100 yards and caught the game-winning touchdown pass with 4:44 to play. The Rams won 11-6 and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Two years later, in Super Bowl XXXVI against the New England Patriots, with the Rams trailing 17-10, Ricky Proehl caught a touchdown pass with 1:30 to play to tie the game, but the Patriots won on a last-second field goal by Adam Vinatieri, 20-17.

Two years after that, in Super Bowl XXXVIII against New England, this time as a member of the Panthers, Proehl caught a touchdown pass with 1:08 remaining in the fourth quarter to tie the game. However, the Patriots won the game on another last-second field goal by Vinatieri, 32-29.

I hope Austin has the same killer anti-Patriot instinct, and has that timely TD/ First down knack his dad had. I used to call his dad a 'witch'. A no-name player, who always came up big at critical times. Anyone who watched the NFL as an entirety in the late 90's and early 2000's knows who Ricky Proehl is.

I wish his son Austin well. He can carve out a nice career here if he has his father's gifts. I'm happy the Bills took a chance on him.

Story lined here

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31804/austin-proehl-has-shot-to-follow-nfl-footsteps-of-father-ricky

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

Time flies fans. This is Austin on his dad's shoulders after Super Bowl XXXIV, he is now in camp as the Bills last pick at WR.

His dad Ricky Proehl should have had some of the most memorable catches in NFL history. Ricky was a lot like Danny Woodhead or Danny Amendola, a third or fourth WR that had huge catches at key times.

r393004_576x324_16-9.jpg&w=570

As a member of the Rams in the 1999 NFC Championship Game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Ricky Proehl recorded six receptions for 100 yards and caught the game-winning touchdown pass with 4:44 to play. The Rams won 11-6 and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Two years later, in Super Bowl XXXVI against the New England Patriots, with the Rams trailing 17-10, Ricky Proehl caught a touchdown pass with 1:30 to play to tie the game, but the Patriots won on a last-second field goal by Adam Vinatieri, 20-17.

Two years after that, in Super Bowl XXXVIII against New England, this time as a member of the Panthers, Proehl caught a touchdown pass with 1:08 remaining in the fourth quarter to tie the game. However, the Patriots won the game on another last-second field goal by Vinatieri, 32-29.

I hope Austin has the same killer anti-Patriot instinct, and has that timely TD/ First down knack his dad had. I used to call his dad a 'witch'. A no-name player, who always came up big at critical times. Anyone who watched the NFL as an entirety in the late 90's and early 2000's knows who Ricky Proehl is.

I wish his son Austin well. He can carve out a nice career here if he has his father's gifts. I'm happy the Bills took a chance on him.

Story lined here

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/31804/austin-proehl-has-shot-to-follow-nfl-footsteps-of-father-ricky

I never thought of it before, but perhaps Vinatieri retiring would be just as helpful to “NFL Equity” as Brady retiring

• Haha (+1) 1