Swoosh Logos

Is anyone else disenchanted by the swoosh Logos? Perfect example is the Pats ugly guy face swooshing out of....well....nowhere! The jags had the same.....Panthers.....same.....I wonder if the same overpaid artist is laughing all the way to the bank selling the same ole same ole....over and over. Am I nuts for noticing this or just an old fart not wanting to embrace modern design....?

• Like (+1) 1

It’s blah blah “all about motion” “flow” marketing yada yada whatever.  Like I need a thumbtack to look like it’s flowing with so much motion that it’s on fire.   

If if I need to see flow how about they run faster.  Just a thought .

Edited by bobblehead

3 hours ago, The Process said:

Is anyone else disenchanted by the swoosh Logos? Perfect example is the Pats ugly guy face swooshing out of....well....nowhere! The jags had the same.....Panthers.....same.....I wonder if the same overpaid artist is laughing all the way to the bank selling the same ole same ole....over and over. Am I nuts for noticing this or just an old fart not wanting to embrace modern design....?

buffalo don't live in Buffalo and they have a rendition of a bison on their helmet.

5 hours ago, The Process said:

You have a good eye.  That style of design is more appropriate for corporate letterhead logo work and that type of thing.

It seems out of place and wrong for a sports team logo.

The current Patriots helmet logo is among the absolute worst in the NFL.  

6 hours ago, The Process said:

I agree with this.  a good sports logo and branding is able to convey that you are strong, confident, a sense of tradition, it's iconic...something familiar to a community as times change...  

The Patriots HAD that look with their old logo.  I don't tend to like logos that include a piece of sports equipments such as a ball, helmet, etc...but the old logo with the patriot ready to snap the football was classic, and met the criteria I set above.   the current logo looks like the letterhead for a large life insurance company that formed after they merged two or three times with others.  They've won a bunch in this look so it won't change..and will probalby become "classic" and "iconic" because of the winning tradition.

The Broncos is another example.  I hate those guys, but the D with the horse head in it was a really strong look....that thing on their helmet now screams "western city public transit authority".  

Jacksonville should have just stuck with their original uniforms....good clean look..they were a winner right away in those....no reason to have changed, but they did.

I prefer a clean crisp, classic, look, like the Colts...or Steelers (hate them too, but nice uniforms.)  Might I even venture to say that KC has decent, iconic classic look that hasn't changed and isn't made to look like a swoosh etc.

I've always thought that it was arena league like to "swoosh": your logo....and another offense that comes off as minor league...having your font for the team name start with a Capital letter, have lowercase in between an uppercase, large final letter.  .....are we advertising a tractor pull?  (I'm talking to you EagleS, bring back the old eagle font and kelly green!)  

FWIW, I like the old standing Buffalo logo better than the current one.  (but it's not awful)

Just now, Zerovotlz said:

I agree with this.  a good sports logo and branding is able to convey that you are strong, confident, a sense of tradition, it's iconic...something familiar to a community as times change...  

The Patriots HAD that look with their old logo.  I don't tend to like logos that include a piece of sports equipments such as a ball, helmet, etc...but the old logo with the patriot ready to snap the football was classic, and met the criteria I set above.   the current logo looks like the letterhead for a large life insurance company that formed after they merged two or three times with others.  They've won a bunch in this look so it won't change..and will probalby become "classic" and "iconic" because of the winning tradition.

The Broncos is another example.  I hate those guys, but the D with the horse head in it was a really strong look....that thing on their helmet now screams "western city public transit authority".  

Jacksonville should have just stuck with their original uniforms....good clean look..they were a winner right away in those....no reason to have changed, but they did.

I prefer a clean crisp, classic, look, like the Colts...or Steelers (hate them too, but nice uniforms.)  Might I even venture to say that KC has decent, iconic classic look that hasn't changed and isn't made to look like a swoosh etc.

I've always thought that it was arena league like to "swoosh": your logo....and another offense that comes off as minor league...having your font for the team name start with a Capital letter, have lowercase in between an uppercase, large final letter.  .....are we advertising a tractor pull?  (I'm talking to you EagleS, bring back the old eagle font and kelly green!)  

FWIW, I like the old standing Buffalo logo better than the current one.  (but it's not awful)

It's a bison.