WR battle... most significant position battle going into TC???

53 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I am fine with the pick ups at WR this year. Lets see what develops.

KB Kerley and Jones are going to start. Someone with speed ( Streater ) is likely IN. and i think they like Dupre.
too early for me  be negative about the players. Let's see if Bills Coaches can run a passing game !
But to Transplants point ?  a lot of competition after 1-3. ain't nuthin wrong with that

....throw in a little Reilly "for good measure"......we have three QB's who do NOT see DOWNFIELD as the "Forgotten Land"....um, been there done that...............

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

I agree. It seems like the WR draft picks were at best lateral moves compared to what we already had on the roster. And personally I liked what we had on the roster more than the draft picks, which speaks volumes because what we had is pretty bottom of the barrel already. After Benjamin and Kerley, the talent level is pretty even or at least very close. I hope a decent receiver (not named dez) gets cut in training camp that we can pick up and serve at least as an upgrade over the stuff we have

That's a very good possibility. But, I'm thinking it's just gonna be what we already have...Benjamin, Jones,Kerley top three. With Reilly,Streater and Holmes as depth. I can see one of Foster, Dupre or Proehl on practice squad, and McCloud being an active 7th on the roster as he can make a little noise returning punts/kickoffs. Any upgrades after final cuts means Foster or Proehl likely lose their spot IMO. But then again, training camp will obviously sort out those final spots

8 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I really don’t think that anyone is overlooking the WR position. It’s not a secret that it’s definitely a glaring weak spot on the roster

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Overlooked?  No not in the least bit. 

Changed the title just for you fellas :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Why is anybody talking about freakn Rod Streater?  This is his 7th year in the league he is about to turn 30 and has 1750 yards receiving.  Come on guys

McBeane love vets. And by all accounts he looked great before injury last year

4 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

There's been 1000 topics on the WR group this summer. Glad to see you popped your head out of a Tyrod thread.

1000, huh?

Give me a link to two. Hell, give me a link to one.

I went through the 1st 3 pages of the forum before posting this, as per protocol, and I didn't see a thread topic directly addressing our WR corps.

Are you confusing QB and WR? :blink:

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

1000, huh?

Give me a link to two. Hell, give me a link to one.

I went through the 1st 3 pages of the forum before posting this, as per protocol, and I didn't see a thread topic directly addressing our WR corps.

Are you confusing QB and WR? :blink:

Definitely "overlooked."  Less Browns QB battle reports and more TBD, please.

Edited by BringBackOrton

I'm somewhat concerned with overall lack of speed in this group.  Hopefully scheme will overcome general lack of perceived talent.  If the passing game can be at least mediocre enough to keep defenses honest Bills can be competitive.  Definitely ? marks at WR, QB and maybe OL although I believe the OL will be better than expected, even with at least two new starters.  One good aspect of having a questionable WR group is the possibility of one or two of these guys surpassing expectations and suddenly a perceived weakness might become a strength.  I just hope the QB competition sorts itself out fairly early in camp so whoever can start developing a rhythm with these WRs.

I think Reilly and Kerley def make it

I think Zay Jones better be ready to come in and impress to show that he is worth the time it will take to develop him......he came out of college with the "I catch everything in my catch radius" press.......but that has not been the case.   I think he WILL rebound and this WR core will not look near as bad as some think that it is much like our secondary did last year.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

What could Brady do with Proehl? They seem like a match. 

Tommy would have a field day throwing under inflated footballs to a wide open Proehl sprung loose courtesy of illegal picks set by Hogan and The Gronk.  If any DBs get too close The Gronk would take care of that too.

Edited by reddogblitz

48 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Reilly and Kerley def make it

I think Zay Jones better be ready to come in and impress to show that he is worth the time it will take to develop him......he came out of college with the "I catch everything in my catch radius" press.......but that has not been the case.   I think he WILL rebound and this WR core will not look near as bad as some think that it is much like our secondary did last year.

.....160 catches is 160 despite the level of competition.....prepared to give the lad the benefit of the doubt playing through a torn labrum which I would GUESS inhibits your catch ability while anticipating pain....now the ankle surgery all of which are allegedly behind him....so we into "show me" time IMO.....

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Definitely "overlooked."  Less Browns QB battle reports and more TBD, please.

Gee, I see threads that directly address our WR corps where the last posts were May 20th, March 29th, April 29th, and May 25th.

Soooooo... you have a basic understanding of when Summer actually is, right?

I think the fact that nearly a month and a half separates the last post of those threads and the start of this thread makes your stupid condescending remark unnecessary.

You found one thread with its last post on June 21st. That's the first day of Summer, just to let you know. It was over 2 weeks ago.

How are threads made about other WRs on other teams directly discussing our WR corps. I see how a thread about Emmanuel Sanders, Demariyus Thomas, Julio Jones, etc. could evolve into a discussion about the state of our own WR corps, but they don't directly address it.

You should do yourself a favor and just ignore me because your crusade against me is blinding you.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Gee, I see threads that directly address our WR corps where the last posts were May 20th, March 29th, April 29th, and May 25th.

Soooooo... you have a basic understanding of when Summer actually is, right?

I think the fact that nearly a month and a half separates the last post of those threads and the start of this thread makes your stupid condescending remark unnecessary.

You found one thread with its last post on June 21st. That's the first day of Summer, just to let you know. It was over 2 weeks ago.

How are threads made about other WRs on other teams directly discussing our WR corps.

You should do yourself a favor and just ignore me because your crusade against me is blinding you.

Summer starts in May babe.

Is it still overlooked?  Notice how 3 other posters also told you how you had blinders on?

Edited by BringBackOrton

offseasons are SOOO LONNNGGG

But no, the WR battle isnt the most significant. QB is by far. Its the most important position. One in which we've been searching for years to get right. One in which we made a bunch of moves to trade up in the draft to select one at #7.

The WR battle surely is important & will be interesting to see how it plays out, but the OL battle should be interesting as well, and no less important.

I suppose I could've just written: NO

GO BILLS!

9 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....two new QB's and a holdover who by several accounts has been making great strides in practice.....hell, DOWNFIELD may no longer be "uncharted waters"......not to mention a well rested WR corp that was INACTIVE most Sundays........don't throw in the towel and despair quite yet......

Pretty much my take. We have no idea who’s good/who’s not with our WR’s, and won’t until the QB situation is resolved.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DrDare said:

Brandon Reilly is a lock if he stays out of concussion protocol

I would like to see him make the team, but I think we're hearing more good things about Ray Ray and Proehl so far. I fear Reilly might just be another preseason all star for us we somehow let get away who finds success with the Patriots.

I think that we are looking at the WR's that are going to make the team now. I don't think  Beane is going to clutter the landscape with a  short term " veteran receiver ", on the decline  , when he has a bunch of receivers on the  upside of their careers. I think that of course  Benjamin is a lock.  From there on Jones  , if he shows in TC that his ghosts are behind him  .Dupree is a factor in the mix and is liked by  McB.. Proehl is a find for the slot. Rielly, Streater,, Holmes and Kerley  are going to fight it out for roster positions  and special teams will be the deciding factor.

,t  

• Like (+1) 1