NFL will penalize a team 15 yards for clearing away snow before any kick

Leave the rules as they are, but allow the "D" to throw snowballs at the kicker upon the snap......

......and hire this guy ASAP Beane.

giphy.gif

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 3

This is ridiculous IMO. As already stated, as long as it's done within the play clock it should be a non-issue. I mean, groundskeepers are gonna be out there with their leaf blowers to clean up the yard lines and the hashes...wth is the difference. I'm guessing we'll see folks try to go down 7 yards past a "sweet spot"on 3rd and long in such conditions then. 

Honestly, this is terrible. Maybe QB's shouldn't be allowed to have a hand towel in the rain,either?  Laughable rule

Was this really an issue that was crying out to be fixed?  How many more rules can they cram into this game?  At this rate, the NFL rule book is going be bigger than the federal tax code in ten years.

This rule is stupid.  I know it helps a team have a better kick, but it is also safety for the kicker.  He slips and hurts his leg, I’m not normally a fan of suing, but the NFL should have their butts sued to the hilt for millions citing they wouldn’t have been hurt if they could clear the field.

the last thing I want is for our kicker to get hurt b/c of this rule and I’ll take the 15 yards if it means someone doesn’t get hurt.  What a bunch of baffoons.