Jarvis Landry says Tyrod Taylor looks "amazing"

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I give Jarvis three weeks and then he starts jumping up and down in the middle of the field, waving his arms, screaming “I’m open! I’m open!” 

He should be able to be heard and seen.  When you average 8.8 yards per catch you're never too far from the QB.

59 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll say this again.....

The Bills were 7th in scoring with that lineup.

So everyone who keeps bringing up that receiver lineup is only confirming that Taylor was better with better receivers.

I think any QB is better with better receivers.  The 7th in scoring stat is one of many that Taylor was part of that was deceiving.  If those points were scored when the Bills really needed them, i.e. - in clutch situations - then I'd give him the same amount of credit that you are.

You and I have always had differing (respectfully) opinions on Tyrod and I don't think that's gonna change. :D

• Like (+1) 1

One thing I've heard out of Browns media reports is that Tyrod has been trusting Josh Gordon, and throws him the ball even when he's covered. IF that carries over to the regular season the Browns will have a very good offense this year. Potentially top 10 in scoring although that will also depend on their run game which is hard to predict right now. The other thing I've heard is that they are using Tyrod's mobility in their offense which Dennison somehow never figured out. If I had to bet on it I'd say their scoring offense will rank between 15th and 10th. And ours will rank between 23rd to 18th. JMO

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll say this again.....

So everyone who keeps bringing up that receiver lineup is only confirming that Taylor was better with better receivers.

What year were we 7th in scoring?

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What year were we 7th in scoring?

As of 12/31/2016 (one day before the EJ Manuel/Cardale Jones game) the Bills offense was tied for 6th in TDs scored.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-touchdowns-per-game?date=2016-12-31

Obviously that isn't all on Tyrod. Our rushing was incredible that year, and Anthony Lynn designed a really good offense. But it proves that Tyrod is capable of leading a top 10 scoring offense when he has a good support system. Which very well may be the case in Cleveland.

16 hours ago, greenyellowred said:

Sorry if this has been posted.  I searched, but didn't find anything:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939539/article/jarvis-landry-tyrod-taylor-has-looked-amazing

Excerpt from article:

"Wide receiver Jarvis Landry took his turn Thursday on The Rich Eisen Show when asked how Taylor looked during the offseason.

"Amazing," Landry told Eisen. "Amazing, man. His leadership, his arm, his accuracy and he's ready, man. He's the starting quarterback, and I'm sure that, obviously, the decision is up to [head coach] Hue [Jackson] and the offensive staff, and stuff like that. But I'm sure they've been highly impressed with [what] he's done through OTAs and minicamp.""

Until he starts playing against defenses that gameplay for him...

Edited by matter2003

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll say this again.....

Due to the freaking run game. Go look at how many TD's Tyrod threw.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

As of 12/31/2016 (one day before the EJ Manuel/Cardale Jones game) the Bills offense was tied for 6th in TDs scored.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-touchdowns-per-game?date=2016-12-31

Obviously that isn't all on Tyrod. Our rushing was incredible that year, and Anthony Lynn designed a really good offense. But it proves that Tyrod is capable of leading a top 10 scoring offense when he has a good support system. Which very well may be the case in Cleveland.

I looked it up and remembered this was the year but was too lazy to edit my post.

Tyrod has all the weapons he could ever hope for in Cleveland. No excuses for him at this point.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think any QB is better with better receivers.  The 7th in scoring stat is one of many that Taylor was part of that was deceiving.  If those points were scored when the Bills really needed them, i.e. - in clutch situations - then I'd give him the same amount of credit that you are.

You and I have always had differing (respectfully) opinions on Tyrod and I don't think that's gonna change. :D

Well I'm not opening that debate again. Let's just wait and see how Taylor does in Cleveland. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

Due to the freaking run game. Go look at how many TD's Tyrod threw.

In 2016 Tyrod had 23 total TDs. The RBs combined had 23 rushing TDs. He also had 3,603 total yards, and the RBs combined had 2,050 rushing yards.

So Tyrod accounted for 63.7% of our total yards and 50% of our TDs in 2016. I'm sure that's a lower percentage than most QBs in the NFL, but to say our high scoring offense was mainly a product of our rushing game is disingenuous at best.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Let's see what Tyrod looks like without McCoy.

Hyde is good and all but no Shady.

If Nick Chubb is as good as advertised and they use Tyrod's mobility to scare defenses, their rush offense should be very good. Very unlikely it's as good as ours was in 2016 though, so to have a top 10 scoring offense Tyrod will have to play better than he ever has. There are a lot of wildcards in the Browns offense this year. Will Haley design a winning offense in his first year there? Will Chubb be as explosive as he was before his knee injury? Will Gordon keep his head on straight for a full year? Can their O-line hold up? Can Tyrod bounce back after the worst season of his career? It's almost an entirely different offense from last year so it's hard to predict.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Nick Chubb is as good as advertised and they use Tyrod's mobility to scare defenses, their rush offense should be very good. Very unlikely it's as good as ours was in 2016 though, so to have a top 10 scoring offense Tyrod will have to play better than he ever has. There are a lot of wildcards in the Browns offense this year. Will Haley design a winning offense in his first year there? Will Chubb be as explosive as he was before his knee injury? Will Gordon keep his head on straight for a full year? Can their O-line hold up? Can Tyrod bounce back after the worst season of his career? It's almost an entirely different offense from last year so it's hard to predict.

good post. didn't they build the secondary up  as well ? ?