Jarvis Landry says Tyrod Taylor looks "amazing"

25 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And shows why in Washington he felt disrespected:

You have a QB who wants an office for he treats the job as a full time job and you give him a windowless nook?  If need be they should have remodeled locker room area to give him an office with one wall entirely a TV telling him "we consider you an executive since we pay you like one."

I wonder what office he got from Minnesota in contract negotiations.

Cousins wasn't disrespected. He got whatever he wanted. In hindsight, the franchise made a mistake in low balling him in contract negotiations when they could have secured his services. Cousins and his agent leveraged that mistake of not locking him up when it had the opportunity to do so. Playing hardball for a few million $$$$ ended up costing the organization and their ability to retain him. So Cousins and his agent devised a strategy that forced the organization to franchise him in order to keep him off the market. They were forced to do it two consecutive times. So Cousins ended up with premium franchise money and still had the ability to seek the market in the not too distant future. 

Cousins may be a saintly person but from a business standpoint he was a cold blooded killer. He was going to leverage his contract status to the max without considering any hometown discount. For him that shipped had sailed. In the end he played the system like a maestro. His contract in Minnesota is guaranteed and the length is short enough where he will have an another opportunity to hit the free agent market again when he is still in his prime. When all is said and done he legally worked the system to his maximum advantage. 

The issue of respect or not was irrelevant in this case. It was all about business and maximizing the situation to your benefit. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Trans....not really true.  In the games Watkins played with Taylor, in 2015 with 14 games played it was 6.7 targets per game.  In 2016 with 8 games played, it was 6.5 targets per game.

Wow, those stats are incomplete, misleading and inconclusive.

They're also incorrect; 2015 was 12 games played with Taylor, not 14. And Taylor targeted Sammy 91 times in those 12 games. That's 7.6 targets per game, and you'll notice the 2 games with the lowest targets include the very first game they ever played and a game in which Sammy got injured halfway through the 1st quarter after having already been targeted twice. 

And I mentioned the opportunity to develop some trust with an Elite WR.

1st 6 games with Taylor in 2015- 5.7 Targets per game

Last 6 games with Taylor in 2015- 9.5 Targets per game 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatkSa00/gamelog/2015/

Considering how little Buffalo threw the ball during Taylor's tenure, nearly 10 targets per game is significant. Julio Jones and AJ Green averaged 10 targets per game once or twice so far in their careers and both of their teams threw more than Buffalo.

And if you really want to use Sammy's 2016 targets as part of this argument, you can, but I think most objective observers would have seen that Sammy was a shell of himself until maybe the end of the season. But even looking at the season as Sammy gets healthy, there's a significant difference as Taylor's last game ever throwing to Sammy was in the double digits for targets.

I completely understand why we moved on from Taylor and I'm excited to see what Allen can do. But Taylor is, at the moment, set up with weapons that can potentially really elevate his game in Cleveland this year.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On 7/7/2018 at 10:38 AM, MJS said:

Tyrod is the best QB Landry has played with in the NFL. But that's not saying much.

Really? 

4 years in Miami 400 receptions and over 4000 yards , ( with bad QB’s ) 

Just imagine how many receptions & receiving yard J L will have in Cleveland playing ( for the first time ) with the best QB he had ever played !!! 

Landry’s hatred for the Dolphins and Tannehill in particular is well known by now. Doesn't surprise me that he’d talk up TT just for another opportunity to throw some more indirect shade on his former QB.

Needless to say, I don’t believe his opinions on Tyrod are 100% honest.

12 minutes ago, Putin said:

Really? 

Just imagine how many receptions & receiving yard J L will have in Cleveland playing ( for the first time ) with the best QB he had ever played !!! 

And he's entering his prime. It will be fun to see what they can do together. Seriously, some folk on here need to get their heads checked and realise that their are other teams in the league that are not the bills. If Landry plays well alot of weight will be taken of Tyrods shoulders, and its Cleveland people, optimism is all they have.

6 hours ago, JohnC said:

This is just one link addressing his obsessive behavior when preparing. As a player and person he is all in. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/29/kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-quarterback

This is the article that convinced me he was perfect for McB.  24-7-365 and a religious family man. I think he was made for McDermott and I would have expected Cousins to value that.  

I guess not.  

I think that Tyrod has actually done well for himself. Take in to account the draft position and being a backup for awhile. Went from backup to playoff QB even while getting benched his last season for the team. 

He is now with a team that wants to support him. People on this board say he has a real talent pool to work with. So the Tyrod story lives on for another season. It will be interesting to see the outcome.

I think Tyrod was exposed last season. At times the outcome was just ideal but never spectacular. I felt like Tyrod was never dominant just adequate. If your defense gets that many turn overs in games you should be obliterating other teams and not just holding on. 

Even Bortles was ripping off the running yards to put points on the board when my man Tyrod just looked stumped. 

Last season was the test. The running QB with Shady game wasn't going to last forever. The QB needed to air it out and it wasn't getting done. So other teams stacked up. 

So I assume he will be the same guy in Cleveland. Adequate but never astonishing or mind blowing. 

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This is the article that convinced me he was perfect for McB.  24-7-365 and a religious family man. I think he was made for McDermott and I would have expected Cousins to value that.  

I guess not.  

I was actually in favor of Cousins back when it was still possible. I remember reading articles about his preparation. I think he is a McDermott guy but maybe the timing was off to make it a reality.

Then again I have seen talk of this Allen guy writing a million letters to get into college and think hmmm....

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

Even Bortles was ripping off the running yards to put points on the board when my man Tyrod just looked stumped. 

You do remember that Tyrod sustained a leg injury early in that game, right? And he just rubbed some dirt on it, manned up, and played on. But can we be real here for a minute?

Bortles was playing against a damned soft defense - one of the worst defenses in football against the run. TT was up against an incredible unit, with two great shutdown corners covering our bull **** WRs. No, he didn't play well. But these comps to Bortles are ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

You do remember that Tyrod sustained a leg injury early in that game, right? And he just rubbed some dirt on it, manned up, and played on. But can we be real here for a minute?

Bortles was playing against a damned soft defense - one of the worst defenses in football against the run. TT was up against an incredible unit, with two great shutdown corners covering our bull **** WRs. No, he didn't play well. But these comps to Bortles are ridiculous.

Tyrod is the Terminator if you want to talk about his durability. I think the guy would play football if his leg was missing. I don't even think the outcome is all because of Tyrod.

I just think the Bills offense was figured out and Tyrod was a piece of it. I'm willing to keep an open mind that it was Rick Dennison and poor WRs. We will see it unfold when it happens. I'm not super confident that AJMcCarron is ideal replacement. Peterman wasn't when he got a shot.

I do believe Tyrod is good for Cleveland. I just don't think it will be like franchise QB good. It might even be better then how the Bills look. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I guess not.  

Cousins was going for the best situation for him and also the big money. Buffalo would have been willing to offer him the big money but didn't  necessarily present the best situation for him. Cousins joined a team that is already a serious SB contender. And being with a team that offers him the most favorable immediate opportunity for success it also puts him in a good situation when his next contract comes up. 

Cousins and his agent devised a strategy to put him on the market. After scanning the market they did their due diligence and made the best decision for him from a football and business standpoint. How can you criticize their judgment which was done within the boundaries of the rules which usually favored the teams over the players? Cousins had a well thought out plan which essentially allowed him to bet on himself. It succeeded and allowed him to hit the jackpot. All done within the rules of the business. 

As the Cousins situation played out with Buffalo missing out on his services it worked out just fine for Buffalo. The Bills adjusted by drafting a highly touted prospect who will be dramatically cheaper for a number of years. With the added cap space the organization can use its resources to build a fuller roster. When option A doesn't materialize then you go to option B. You don't commiserate with your plight-----you move on and make the best of your situation. 

Edited by JohnC

3 hours ago, Putin said:

Really? 

Not the best passing QB, but the best overall QB. I'm willing to bet his production goes down.

20 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Cousins was going for the best situation for him and also the big money. Buffalo would have been willing to offer him the big money but didn't  necessarily present the best situation for him. Cousins joined a team that is already a serious SB contender. And being with a team that offers him the most favorable immediate opportunity for success it also puts him in a good situation when his next contract comes up. 

Cousins and his agent devised a strategy to put him on the market. After scanning the market they did their due diligence and made the best decision for him from a football and business standpoint. How can you criticize their judgment which was done within the boundaries of the rules which usually favored the teams over the players? Cousins had a well thought out plan which essentially allowed him to bet on himself. It succeeded and allowed him to hit the jackpot. All done within the rules of the business. 

As the Cousins situation played out with Buffalo missing out on his services it worked out just fine for Buffalo. The Bills adjusted by drafting a highly touted prospect who will be dramatically cheaper for a number of years. With the added cap space the organization can use its resources to build a fuller roster. When option A doesn't materialize then you go to option B. You don't commiserate with your plight-----you move on and make the best of your situation. 

Makes sense to me.  You sound like I'm pining for Cousins. Don't know how you got that impression.

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wow, those stats are incomplete, misleading and inconclusive.

They're also incorrect; 2015 was 12 games played with Taylor, not 14. And Taylor targeted Sammy 91 times in those 12 games. That's 7.6 targets per game, and you'll notice the 2 games with the lowest targets include the very first game they ever played and a game in which Sammy got injured halfway through the 1st quarter after having already been targeted twice. 

And I mentioned the opportunity to develop some trust with an Elite WR.

1st 6 games with Taylor in 2015- 5.7 Targets per game

Last 6 games with Taylor in 2015- 9.5 Targets per game 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatkSa00/gamelog/2015/

Considering how little Buffalo threw the ball during Taylor's tenure, nearly 10 targets per game is significant. Julio Jones and AJ Green averaged 10 targets per game once or twice so far in their careers and both of their teams threw more than Buffalo.

And if you really want to use Sammy's 2016 targets as part of this argument, you can, but I think most objective observers would have seen that Sammy was a shell of himself until maybe the end of the season. But even looking at the season as Sammy gets healthy, there's a significant difference as Taylor's last game ever throwing to Sammy was in the double digits for targets.

I completely understand why we moved on from Taylor and I'm excited to see what Allen can do. But Taylor is, at the moment, set up with weapons that can potentially really elevate his game in Cleveland this year.

You got into a little more detail with the numbers but it doesn’t prove the point you were trying to make.

The last 6 games of one year doesn’t prove that Taylor will throw to a particular WR even if covered....especially since Clay and Woods were hurt at the end.  Taylor’s known to hold the ball and not take chances.  

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You got into a little more detail with the numbers but it doesn’t prove the point you were trying to make.

The last 6 games of one year doesn’t prove that Taylor will throw to a particular WR even if covered....especially since Clay and Woods were hurt at the end.  Taylor’s known to hold the ball and not take chances.  

Maybe the stats I brought up don't definitively prove that point, but the stats you initially brought up to disprove the point I was making are far from accomplishing that.