Jarvis Landry says Tyrod Taylor looks "amazing"

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well he's surrounded with receiving talent in Cleveland. If he does well there then you could argue the Bills failed to give him a supporting cast.

Woods, Watkins, Clay, Goodwin, Hogan, Benjamin, etc. .... poor Tyrod never had anyone to throw to.  Strange coincidence, though, how every one of them has done better with other QBs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He had some pretty good receivers in 2016 who left & flourished in the NFC West.  So no, you can't argue that the Bills failed to give him a supporting cast just because his 3 top WRs, who he turned into mush,  were gone in 2017.  

Tyrod really grounded Robert Woods into mush in 2016 when Woods played in 13 games and caught 76 receptions for 613 yards, compared to 2017 when he was healthy for 17 full games and caught 85 receptions for 781 yards. In 3 more games he caught 9 more receptions and 168 more yards not exactly a lot more production for 3 more games played (A slight uptick at best.) The only thing that went dramatically up were TD's. If Woods was ruined by Tyrod in 2016 how did Woods get a massive contract from LA? The supporting cast for Tyrod skill position wise in 2016 was compromised by Sammy missing half the season and coming back from injury. Losing your #1 receiver hurts big time as it trickles down to the rest of the offense and it didn't help that Woods got hurt late in the year missing 3 games.  

Sammy was on IR with a serious foot injury in 2016 and only played 8 total games where he still put up 28 receptions for 430 yards compared to the 15 games he played in 2017 where he only put up 39 receptions for 593 yards, the only thing that dramatically went up were TD's. The only 2016 receiver you could truly saw flourished without Tyrod was Goodwin. But even Goodwin was a bit banged up in 2016 but he certainly crushed it in SF in 2017. 

I am not saying that Tyrod didn't have any receivers in 2016 but losing Sammy and some of the other players being banged up didn't make for a top-flight core. In 2017 they lost a lot of talent due to injury (Matthews and Benjamin) and Zay Jones was not as effective as a 2nd round pick should have been. 

I guess my point was that factoring in Sammy's injury I would say that the skill position corps was slightly below average in 2016 and dreadful in 2017. I am OK with the team moving on from Tyrod (Although I think short term we will miss him) but I just think there has to be an honest assessment of his time here. 

Edited by billsfan89
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Jarvis Landry is praising his next QB in Tyrod. Keeping a positive attitude and believing might spark something for that squad. 

He isn't completely wrong. Tyrod has a handful of amazing games under his belt after a few seasons. He does have good leadership. Tyrods arm has thrown some bombs. So I respect what Jarvis Landry is saying.

I'm going to have to see Tyrod dominate with the Browns before I ever believe it happens. I'm not saying it isn't possible. I just don't think it's likely. 

Just now, Lfod said:

Jarvis Landry is praising his next QB in Tyrod. Keeping a positive attitude and believing might spark something for that squad. 

He isn't completely wrong. Tyrod has a handful of amazing games under his belt after a few seasons. He does have good leadership. Tyrods arm has thrown some bombs. So I respect what Jarvis Landry is saying.

I'm going to have to see Tyrod dominate with the Browns before I ever believe it happens. I'm not saying it isn't possible. I just don't think it's likely. 

Tyrod looked like a franchise QB in 2015 because the Bills had not seen competent QB play throughout an entire season for a long time (At best you could say Bledsoe and Fitz had a good half season each.) You also could have projected Tyrod to get better after just one year of starting. But that development never occured. We saw Tyrod's flaws in 2016 and 2017 at points but an NFL team throwing Tyrod out there as a starter has a solid shot of winning if the talent around him is pretty solid. The Browns needed to settle down their QB situation and not force their number 1 pick into action right away. Tyrod buys them a year of development time, he should look as good as he did in with the Bills. I liked the deal for both sides. The Bills got good draft capital to move on and the Browns bought themselves a year at QB.

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Tyrod looked like a franchise QB in 2015 because the Bills had not seen competent QB play throughout an entire season for a long time (At best you could say Bledsoe and Fitz had a good half season each.) You also could have projected Tyrod to get better after just one year of starting. But that development never occured. We saw Tyrod's flaws in 2016 and 2017 at points but an NFL team throwing Tyrod out there as a starter has a solid shot of winning if the talent around him is pretty solid. The Browns needed to settle down their QB situation and not force their number 1 pick into action right away. Tyrod buys them a year of development time, he should look as good as he did in with the Bills. I liked the deal for both sides. The Bills got good draft capital to move on and the Browns bought themselves a year at QB.

Yea I imagine Tyrod will make plays for Cleveland and win some games. I also think he will leave plays on the field stall out and lose games for Cleveland as well. I'm great full for what he did for Buffalo but last year was kinda of a disaster when it comes to points. 

Edited by Lfod

I'd like to see what Jarvis is saying around...oh let's say week 11, when his receptions are down about 30% from what he's used to.  

Guys avg. 105 catches a yr over the last 3 seasons.  I'd set his over/under this yr. @  about 78 if Tyrods the starter.  The volume and production just won't be there with TT as the QB.

11 hours ago, Rubes said:

I wish Tyrod the best, I really do. If he somehow lights it up and leads them deep into the playoffs, that's awesome for him. And I wouldn't hold it against the Bills brass for dealing him away, as most of us here wouldn't. I just think TT reached his ceiling here in Buffalo. Could his ceiling be higher elsewhere? Sure, it's possible. Just not likely.

....nicely done bud.....a very fair and accurate assessment.......maybe new scenery and Hugh can get him moving towards the next level........excellent work ethic, good teammate....no harm  no foul here....

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Woods, Watkins, Clay, Goodwin, Hogan, Benjamin, etc. .... poor Tyrod never had anyone to throw to.  Strange coincidence, though, how every one of them has done better with other QBs.

I'll say this again.....

The Bills were 7th in scoring with that lineup.

So everyone who keeps bringing up that receiver lineup is only confirming that Taylor was better with better receivers.

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Good post