Jordan Poyer family drama

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

In fact, I recall a study about how people get depressed reading FB because everyone else looks like they're having the time of their lives, traveling the world, eating at nice restaurants, going to concerts, etc.

This is why I refer to FakeBook as the modern day Christmas Letter.  I remember getting those as a kid and reading all the great stuff they did, ballet medals, gymnastic championships, high grades, student body president, building and flying an airplane etc. and wonder why our family never does any great stuff like that.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

My girlfriend (a lot younger than me ?) is always taking pictures and posting them.  I’m just like we are here and having fun who cares who else knows? Then she checks constantly on how many likes she gets.

i try hard not to be a get off my lawn old guy but man, getting your self worth from other people is insane. And I love my friends but honestly I don’t care if you’re on vacation or you just got done working out.  Everyone is so desperate for attention.  If anything, I don’t want people to know what I’m doing.

and I just realized I’m officially old. ?

Just because we feel this way doesn't make us "get off my lawn" guys. We're just from a different generation where we aren't drug addicts to our phones. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just because we feel this way doesn't make us "get off my lawn" guys. We're just from a different generation where we aren't drug addicts to our phones. 

it does a bit, but that's ok. Over a long enough period of time everyone becomes that guy.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I get all the social media stuff and if done right, it can be great.  But things like Twitter/ Facebook/ Instagram just shows me how many insecure and insane people there are in the world.

his wife makes money because she has a nice body and pervs look at it.  And when she has a problem with her husband, rather than speak to him directly, she puts her business out for all to know about it.  So insane and she may be right.

as for the partying, Poyer isn’t partying harder than the 86 Mets or Bills and cowboys of the 90s.  I wish more athletes would live like Derek Jeter: don’t get married during your playing career, don’t put your business in the public, and “date” models/ actresses.

Haha.  I have no kids and haven’t been divorced so I look younger and im to date younger girls so I tried to pretend I’m not as old.  But definitely the hangovers last a little longer and I’m getting crankier about the trash music people are listening to. 

He was ahead of his time with the azz eating and gift baskets.  

4 hours ago, JOFUS311 said:

Hangovers are 100% dehydration.  It doesn't matter what you drink.  Make sure to be hydrated by either drinking water while you drink alcohol, or making sure you get plenty of electrolytes before and after drinking alcohol.    It's a myth that different types of alcohol can cause more or less hangovers.  In my opinion the best way to stay hydrated is to mix a 1/4 tsp of Morton Lite Salt (Sodium / Magnesium / Potassium) with a bottle of water, shake it up and chug it down, add some Mio drops or something for flavor if you need it.  One before you drink, one after and you should be all good.  Try it out and you'll see.

there should be no cheat codes for hangovers.

god intended suffering for such things and rightly so.

i learned the hard way.

girl is and idiot

6 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Stay off the Twitter.  Handle your business in private. I am by no means giving Jordan a pass if he was out partying. I just think this stuff stays in the family it is usually better for everyone involved.

Some people love the drama.

an insta model and guy who married an insta model might enjoy public attention of all variety.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm guessing you didn't grow up with social media; neither did I.  For the life of me, I can't understand why people are so addicted to it, especially parts detailing personal lives.  Why would anyone want to disclose this to the world?  News, yes, that makes sense.  Marital issues, no, keep that private.

Sounds like Jordan has taken to partying.  If true, hope he gets his priorities straight.

It’s a global world now...you’re not somebody unless EVERYBODY knows who your are and what you are doing at ALL times...millennials believe they are nobody if disconnected from the social media “web”, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

It’s a global world now...you’re not somebody unless EVERYBODY knows who your are and what you are doing at ALL times...millennials believe they are nobody if disconnected from the social media “web”, unfortunately.

Personally (this is just me) I feel much more at peace not knowing what everyone else is doing all the time or feeling like i need to  broadcast  the play by play of my own life, but I think I’m in the minority. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Personally (this is just me) I feel much more at peace not knowing what everyone else is doing all the time or feeling like i need to  broadcast  the play by play of my own life, but I think I’m in the minority. 

Funny thing is, not too long ago this was the case - that we didn't know what everyone else was doing and they didn't know what we were doing.  Then Twitter, IG, FB, etc came along.  These technology products have their merits, but also their drawbacks.  An idiot who can't use a power saw will cut his hand off; a moron who isn't cognizant that the world is watching will embarrass himself on Twitter.

• Like (+1) 1