Backfield Rankings- ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/23974003/ranking-nfl-backfields-2018-projections

11. Buffalo Bills

Top three backs: LeSean McCoy, Chris Ivory, Travaris Cadet

Projected unit stats: 378 carries, 1,631 yards, 11 TDs; 88 receptions, 686 yards, 2 TDs

Outlook: Believe it or not, Bills running backs have led the NFL with a 4.6 YPC over the past three seasons. The soon-to-be-30 McCoy's efficiency dipped last season (4.0 YPC), but only Bell exceeded his 287 carries, and McCoy caught 59 passes, his most since 2010. Buffalo added near-replacement-level veteran Ivory as McCoy's primary backup, while Cadet figures to chip in on passing downs after showing well in a small sample last season. I might be guilty of some veteran deference here, but McCoy's elusiveness and workhorse role keep Buffalo near the top 10.

I am not a fan of our ranking. I think based on some of the units above us, we should be around the 7-8 range.

Edited by ducej11

It’s a flawed ranking system.  McCoy alone is a top 3 rb.  But given the questions of oline, qb, & lack of threats in the receiving core, he is going to struggle this year.  

The same goes for wr.  Both are very dependent positions.

1 hour ago, ducej11 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/23974003/ranking-nfl-backfields-2018-projections

11. Buffalo Bills

Top three backs: LeSean McCoy, Chris Ivory, Travaris Cadet

Projected unit stats: 378 carries, 1,631 yards, 11 TDs; 88 receptions, 686 yards, 2 TDs

Outlook: Believe it or not, Bills running backs have led the NFL with a 4.6 YPC over the past three seasons. The soon-to-be-30 McCoy's efficiency dipped last season (4.0 YPC), but only Bell exceeded his 287 carries, and McCoy caught 59 passes, his most since 2010. Buffalo added near-replacement-level veteran Ivory as McCoy's primary backup, while Cadet figures to chip in on passing downs after showing well in a small sample last season. I might be guilty of some veteran deference here, but McCoy's elusiveness and workhorse role keep Buffalo near the top 10.

I am not a fan of our ranking. I think based on some of the units above us, we should be around the 7-8 range.

....I'd say a fair ranking.....but counting on Shady for 287 carries again is nonsense......need to get him around 210, let Ivory be your lead blocker and punishing people north/south, and hope that Cadet, Jones, or Murphy step up as the next "Kenneth Davis".....