Bills will win the division this season

On 7/6/2018 at 9:58 AM, Billsfanatic8989 said:

You heard it here first. We have young blood with great coaching. NE is too old & dysfunctional. NYJ are tearing it down. Miami? Yeah no idea...

It's more than confidence. This team will shock the nation.

Cool story bro

On 7/6/2018 at 1:39 PM, billsfan_34 said:

IKR? Training camp hasn’t begun. No idea who our QB will be. Offenive line has massive question marks. WR Corps is a huge unknown. I love the OP’s optimism but I dont see us winning more than 7.

You know me I always say 19-0 when the prediction threads start and watch every game thinking we have a chance because I'm full of Kool Aid, but I think 7 is a tall order. Go Bills!

17 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ridiculous thread. At least 6 new starters on offense and 5 on defense. 

Dont Do Drugs.

Or maybe start doing them.

5 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I've heard it every time the Bills sign a free agent:  "Championship!"

..."little memory lane" trip to review the refrains during "the drought"........"this is THE year......I feel it.....12-4....13-3....14.2......playoffs!.....DROUGHT is over......book your airfare & SB tixs now.....we're going..the Lombardi is coming home....we won the off season.....yada....yada".......turned out the be nothing but "bad gas"............

Does this qualify as the yearly " Pats are done " thread ?....I believe it is the 10th edition...It started in 2008 when Brady got hurt for the year...........Before then, they won 3 SBs, and 6 division Championships....Since '08, the won 2 SBs and 9 division crowns.....

At this point, who knows...Odds are if Brady plays, they'll win it again....He just won MVP last year, so I don't see where the optimism about him " showing his age " comes from...He is still playing at a elite level...

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

She was horrid for a time for sure.

...should be a Federal law against that type of ugly.....pretty sure she was at a pig roast I attended......apple in her mouth on the buffet table...good Lord....just sayin'....

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...should be a Federal law against that type of ugly.....pretty sure she was at a pig roast I attended......apple in her mouth on the buffet table...good Lord....just sayin'....

Wouldnt even touch the apple would ya?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/6/2018 at 11:24 AM, K-9 said:

Can we also add up all his strengths and predict he’s gonna overcome some of his weaknesses and make some insanely athletic plays on occasion? Plays that others without his combination of size and athleticism simply can’t make?

Yes, QBs are going to take advantage of his inexperience, but he’s going to show them a thing or two of his own.

People forget he has a former pro bowl father and two brothers in the NFL, one of which combined with tre set an nfl record. First pair of siblings ever in the 1st Rd. I'm thinking he's ahead of the curve.

This team is a year away from winning the division. The dead cap money and trade-ups for Allen and Edumonds compromised the ability to put resources into certain areas of the roster (O-Line and WR in particular.) That's not to say that those weren't good long-term moves but rather that the team competing in 2018 on that level (winning the division) isn't likely because of those factors. 

On 7/8/2018 at 3:49 AM, billsfan60 said:

And yet, one day it will come to pass. Not sure I'll be alive to see it, but it's coming. My fervent wish is that it happens because they finally are just plain bad, not because marsha and bellyboy retire or injuries mount up. Just plain suckitude. I want them all on board the cheatriot train when it runs off the rails.

Oh, yeah, one day.

My guess is it'll be when Brady retires or is injured. Won't be that long, is my guess. But outside of a serious Brady injury, this is highly unlikely to be the year.

On 7/8/2018 at 4:16 AM, K-9 said:

Point is, it doesn't matter what lessons you've learned; there's absolutely NO reason to pee on someone else's Cheerios if they choose to remain optimistic heading into the season. What's the point of that, anyway? Is it simply to begrudge someone their optimism in the absence of any of  your own; to insist that others must wallow in pessimism because you choose to? It's no skin off your back one way or the other, so why?

Fair enough ....

... as long as nobody with a positive outlook will pee on my Wheaties with their positive opinions. You folks will keep totally silent when anyone say something realistic, won't you?

No?

Well, then expect disagreement from the realists. This is a discussion board.

On 7/8/2018 at 3:22 AM, Billsfanatic8989 said:

This team made the playoffs last season. Furthermore, what was the Eagles outlook this time last year? How about the 01 Patriots who started 0-2 and lost their $ 100 million dollarman?

One thing those two teams had in common ... their new young quarterbacks were both in their SECOND years, not their rookies seasons. That's pretty huge.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, yeah, one day.

My guess is it'll be when Brady retires or is injured. Won't be that long, is my guess. But outside of a serious Brady injury, this is highly unlikely to be the year.

Fair enough ....

... as long as nobody with a positive outlook will pee on my Wheaties with their positive opinions. You folks will keep totally silent when anyone say something realistic, won't you?

No?

Well, then expect disagreement from the realists. This is a discussion board.

Discussion is one thing, being a prick because you can’t tolerate someone’s optimism is a dick move. Every. Time. 

• Like (+1) 3

As much as others are probably tearing you apart--I haven't read a single post--yeah, I could see this being the year.

Sounds like there's trouble brewing in Paradise and the Bills are on the upswing, making the playoffs last year. 

I actually expect double digit wins and playoffs from the Bills this year. We'll see what happens with turmoil in New England, but this might be the year.

• Like (+1) 1