Bills will win the division this season

On 7/6/2018 at 12:34 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

....how dare you not include Reilly...

i knew I was omitting someone!!   I think he has a great shot.  Terrible he got injured last year.  I actually have a weird feeling that our WR group will surprise this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2018 at 4:37 PM, oldmanfan said:

Win the division?  No.  Be better than many think?  Yes.

....good call Oldy......"steady as she goes one step at a time".......and you thoughtfully did not even mention "wild card" at the "way too early juncture".......

On 7/6/2018 at 1:05 PM, THE SLAMMER said:
It's genetically feasible ..

Related image

This is why i respect your person.

A fanatastic reference i zee here.
lets look at the the Big Board. Shall ve ?

One of my very favorite movies, and books actually.

By the way everyone !?

It could happen..

9 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

Did you think they would make the playoffs last year? 

Heck no. No one did. Not even McBeanes

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

This is why i respect your person.

A fanatastic reference i zee here.
lets look at the the Big Board. Shall ve ?

One of my very favorite movies, and books actually.

By the way everyone !?

It could happen..

Heck no. No one did. Not even McBeanes

There no fighting in here. its the War room

37 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

There no fighting in here. its the War room

those who know the reference are fewer and fewer.
we might well be wending our way into a Cult of Personality(s)

Made my day Good Sir !

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2018 at 11:11 AM, RyanC883 said:

If Brady shows his age this year,  I think we can win the division.   We need a ton of suprises, but we could get some WR's to step-up, we have a LOT of WR's with that potential (Dupree, Zay Jones, Streeter, McCloud, Prhol, etc.  Perhaps even Clay, who says he feels better than ever).  I think the O-line will be okay, just lacking in depth.  

To the bolded portion, I respectfully disagree. In fact, I think I could argue that except for Dawkins, they don't have that stand-alone incredible talent but have depth in terms of width of talent. Wyatt will probably not start this year, but otherwise, Bodine was a 4 year starter albeit pedestrian in terms of numbers, Newhouse can be a real find if they move him along the line, Mills was much improved in the 2nd half of the year as Joe B. pointed out, Groy - well you know - Miller could see a resurgence due to change in Offensive scheme and Badoll and Ducasse (again pointed out by Joe B.) did a much better job in the 2nd half of the year than perceived by fans. But what you don't see is Joe Thomas / Travis Fredericks/ Jake Matthews / Jason Kelce type of talent. So, IMHO, depth is much better than it's been for a few years, but I don't know that there's that true incredibly gifted talent on the O-line. So, much will determine (more so than usual I suppose) how they play together as a unit. Can they help each other pick up the stunts and blitz packages? That kind of thing...

• Like (+1) 1

I think they get 10+ wins,not sure we'll take the division but I expect playoffs again. I feel we upgraded every position group besides OL. Even WR, we have a much better group than we had going into last year,with KB being fully healthy, giving us a legit #1... TE is the same, other than that I feel we upgraded every other position group and will improve on last year

On 7/7/2018 at 2:22 PM, Billsfanatic8989 said:

This team made the playoffs last season. Furthermore, what was the Eagles outlook this time last year? How about the 01 Patriots who started 0-2 and lost their $ 100 million dollarman?

The Eagles had/have talent on both sides of the ball including a solid WR corps and one of the best, if not the best, OLs in the league plus they had a starting QB with a solid year's experience and an innovative, offensive minded coaching staff. 

How do the Bills compare to that?  Very poorly.  They are one of the least talented teams in the NFL.  They do not have an NFL caliber OL or WR corps.  Their QBs have fewer than 10 NFL starts among the three of them, and their "blue chip" rookie's claim to fame is simply his arm strength.  More importantly, not only does the Bills HC coach bear a depressing similarity to Dick Jauron in his coaching philosophy --  playing not to lose -- but he and the GM apparently believe attitude and hard work and buying into the coach's "process" trumps talent.

Only in an alternative universe where fantasy becomes reality can the Bills win the division ... or even come close to winning half their games.  In, this team will come closer to getting the #1 draft pick than making the playoffs.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:44 AM, Paul Costa said:

Did you think they would make the playoffs last year? 

nope, wrong for the first time in about 38 predictions they wouldn't make them

and wrong a few times when i predicted they would.

4 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

To the bolded portion, I respectfully disagree. In fact, I think I could argue that except for Dawkins, they don't have that stand-alone incredible talent but have depth in terms of width of talent. Wyatt will probably not start this year, but otherwise, Bodine was a 4 year starter albeit pedestrian in terms of numbers, Newhouse can be a real find if they move him along the line, Mills was much improved in the 2nd half of the year as Joe B. pointed out, Groy - well you know - Miller could see a resurgence due to change in Offensive scheme and Badoll and Ducasse (again pointed out by Joe B.) did a much better job in the 2nd half of the year than perceived by fans. But what you don't see is Joe Thomas / Travis Fredericks/ Jake Matthews / Jason Kelce type of talent. So, IMHO, depth is much better than it's been for a few years, but I don't know that there's that true incredibly gifted talent on the O-line. So, much will determine (more so than usual I suppose) how they play together as a unit. Can they help each other pick up the stunts and blitz packages? That kind of thing...

very interesting take, and good points.   No real pro-bowl players for sure.   Perhaps the depth is better?!  I think Gory, Dawkins, Bodine, Mills, and improved Miller will be a formidable 5, with Newhouse and/or Teller potentially starting.   But as you said, the key is how well they play together.  We also have Connor McDermitt, who I think will be a surprise.  He was ranked high out of college.   

Any word on Henderson's availability?  

• Like (+1) 1

It’s not outlandish.  I think people are underestimating the defense - that unit can carry us to some close wins while the offense develops.

Still, the Pats have to be the faves at this point.  Let’s see how the old man holds up as the season progresses.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

very interesting take, and good points.   No real pro-bowl players for sure.   Perhaps the depth is better?!  I think Gory, Dawkins, Bodine, Mills, and improved Miller will be a formidable 5, with Newhouse and/or Teller potentially starting.   But as you said, the key is how well they play together.  We also have Connor McDermitt, who I think will be a surprise.  He was ranked high out of college.   

Any word on Henderson's availability?  

I totally forgot about McDermott!! And agree, its possible he was a real "find"....as for Henderson, he is no longer with the team. He signed elsewhere, but I can't recall where he went. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

division and a playoff win and Shady is Payton Humanitarian of the Year

Bills beat Pats in Foxboro for AFC title. Brady gets the Pats to the 10 yard line. A sack and fumble recovery ends NE's hopes with 40 seconds left.

Then a SB win over the favored Eagles. Game is tied at 32. 1:05 left. Bills start at their 35 yard line. Allen throws a 20 yard pass to Zay Jones. 5 yard run by McCoy. Then, a 30 yard bomb to Watkins. Hauschka kicks the game winning fg with ten seconds left. Eagles are tackled in bounds on the return. Dildo's & chicken wings fly from the crowd. Allen is SB MVP. Bills then give a ring to Jim Kelly , Marv Levy, Norwood, & Thurman Thomas.