Bills will win the division this season

If Brady shows his age this year,  I think we can win the division.   We need a ton of suprises, but we could get some WR's to step-up, we have a LOT of WR's with that potential (Dupree, Zay Jones, Streeter, McCloud, Prhol, etc.  Perhaps even Clay, who says he feels better than ever).  I think the O-line will be okay, just lacking in depth.  

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

You heard it here first. We have young blood with great coaching. NE is too old & dysfunctional. NYJ are tearing it down. Miami? Yeah no idea...

It's more than confidence. This team will shock the nation.

It is more than confidence.  It also shows a great deal of imagination.

• Haha (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If Allen were to be rookie of the year then yes I think we would probably win the division.  

As for Edmunds and rookie of the year, I think that would be a borderline miracle.  He turned 20 two months ago.  Look up his scouting weaknesss, 

• Instincts are average and relies on athletic gifts
  • Can be a step slow to diagnose
  • Lured by misdirection
  • Will take random downhill paths that trap him in the quagmire
  • Patience is lacking
  • Races ahead of plays and voids his leverage and run fits at times

Add that all up he is going to have a very difficult rookie season.  A savvy QB like Brady is going to play fake him  and misdirect him to death.

Can we also add up all his strengths and predict he’s gonna overcome some of his weaknesses and make some insanely athletic plays on occasion? Plays that others without his combination of size and athleticism simply can’t make?

Yes, QBs are going to take advantage of his inexperience, but he’s going to show them a thing or two of his own.

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

You heard it here first. We have young blood with great coaching. NE is too old & dysfunctional. NYJ are tearing it down. Miami? Yeah no idea...

It's more than confidence. This team will shock the nation.

I could see our defense and special teams being strong enough to get us in the playoffs, but I think there is too much transition going on with the offense to expect a lot. And we really don't have a QB yet, they are important.

52 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If Allen were to be rookie of the year then yes I think we would probably win the division.  

As for Edmunds and rookie of the year, I think that would be a borderline miracle.  He turned 20 two months ago.  Look up his scouting weaknesss, 

• Instincts are average and relies on athletic gifts
  • Can be a step slow to diagnose
  • Lured by misdirection
  • Will take random downhill paths that trap him in the quagmire
  • Patience is lacking
  • Races ahead of plays and voids his leverage and run fits at times

Add that all up he is going to have a very difficult rookie season.  A savvy QB like Brady is going to play fake him  and misdirect him to death.

Maybe, but it's also possible that with good coaching, Edmunds improves quickly, which I would expect to happen. And we only play Brady twice, we play some crappy QB's too.

Just now, klos63 said:

Maybe, but it's also possible that with good coaching, Edmunds improves quickly, which I would expect to happen. And we only play Brady twice, we play some crappy QB's too.

Gronkoski-Edmunds could be a great match up, finally we have someone that isnt half a foot shorter or half a second slower than Gronk to cover him

The smartass in me wants to predict the Bills winning the division every year.  Eventually one year I'll be proven right and then gloatingly tell everyone, "See!  I told you!"

But the realist in me predicts that the Pats will win the division this year and every year.   There's no glory in this prediction since it's the same prediction almost all other sane NFL fans make.  But until the cycle in broken, it's the prediction that makes the most sense.  

There's just too many if's on this year's Bills squad:  If one of the QBs emerges as a star...  If the OL - with 2/3 new starters - gels...  If the WR corps isn't terrible...   If Star Lotulelei returns to form...  If the top rookies are as good as we hope...  If Daboll proves to be better than Rico...   And so on.  

Some of those ifs will work out the way we want.  Some won't.  

24 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The smartass in me wants to predict the Bills winning the division every year.  Eventually one year I'll be proven right and then gloatingly tell everyone, "See!  I told you!"

But the realist in me predicts that the Pats will win the division this year and every year.   There's no glory in this prediction since it's the same prediction almost all other sane NFL fans make.  But until the cycle in broken, it's the prediction that makes the most sense.  

There's just too many if's on this year's Bills squad:  If one of the QBs emerges as a star...  If the OL - with 2/3 new starters - gels...  If the WR corps isn't terrible...   If Star Lotulelei returns to form...  If the top rookies are as good as we hope...  If Daboll proves to be better than Rico...   And so on.  

Some of those ifs will work out the way we want.  Some won't.  

i go with 6-10 each year, got too caught up in the hype with Rex and went with 7-9 once

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

If Brady shows his age this year,  I think we can win the division.   We need a ton of suprises, but we could get some WR's to step-up, we have a LOT of WR's with that potential (Dupree, Zay Jones, Streeter, McCloud, Prhol, etc.  Perhaps even Clay, who says he feels better than ever).  I think the O-line will be okay, just lacking in depth.  

....how dare you not include Reilly...