Marquise Goodwin buys mom/sister home

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Saw the car line up in front of the house too... he’s gonna be broke by 40

No way, Marquise is smart, well balanced, incredibly mature for his age. He willl hold onto his money more than 95% of the players in the NFL.

Quality guy, I wish all the best for him. Too bad it didnt work out in Buffalo, speaks to how terrible or QBing has been,not being able to remain healthy also hurt.

Not many better people in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL6uTBnBfns

47 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Seems that without playing in the olympics he had time to look for a home. Thats nice.

He had the mind to be a great wr here but lacked 2 things. A qb that could put the ball ahead of him so he could keep moving. Enough on his body to absorb the blows when he didnt. I loved his Olympic dream and hated it at the same time.

Actually, what he lacked was a team that was interested in utilizing that new-fangled thing called the forward pass, which really hasn't been the Bills since they sent Drew Bledsoe packing in 2005.  Notice that both Woods and Watkins flourished on their new teams, too.  I don't think that's coincidence, and it's not just on the QB.

Edited by SoTier

32 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Actually, what he lacked was a team that was interested in utilizing that new-fangled thing called the forward pass, which really hasn't been the Bills since they sent Drew Bledsoe packing in 2005.  Notice that both Woods and Watkins flourished on their new teams, too.  I don't think that's coincidence, and it's not just on the QB.

I assune you call what Sammy did as flourishing? On that alone I say your theory is skewed. 

27 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Why are non bills related topics posted in this forum?

Said the guy who created a username referencing a non-Bill ....

More importantly, if you don't want to read non-Bills-related topics, why are you clicking the links?

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Question, did Marquise Goodwin break out a career season because he left that Buffalo offense? Or because he took football in the offseason seriously, being on a new team and all.. I mean just watching him briefly at the 9ers he looked like he added 30 pounds of muscle. Looked like a WR monster.

I'm thinking he gave up the track and field hobby and decided to focus on his football career.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Why are non bills related topics posted in this forum?

Don't be that guy man.  God forbid something positive to be reported about!  Just  enjoy!?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I assune you call what Sammy did as flourishing? On that alone I say your theory is skewed. 

1). Sammy would have been our leading wr in his “bad” year and had more tds than all our wrs combined.  If you honestly think he didn’t open things up for Gurley and the other wrs, you don’t know how football works.  But I guess you know more than Andy Reid.

2). Goodwin finally stayed healthy.  I remember going to his first start against the Jets. EJ, Goodwin, TJ Graham destroyed Rex Ryan that day (should have been a red flag).  I thought Goodwin was just a speed guy but he was a really completely wr.

3). Man did Whaley suck!!!  We only had a receiving core of Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, and Clay.  A bunch of bums!

4). This is a great story that will get less responses than a negative one.  That is how our society works now.

45 minutes ago, Steve O said:

I'm thinking he gave up the track and field hobby and decided to focus on his football career.

I'm thinking you're probably right.  Good for him if so.

2 hours ago, cd1 said:

Maybe since he was no longer trying to stay lean for Olympic competition, he was finally able to focus on getting in NFL shape and size.  Thirty additional pounds of muscle would seriously effect one's ability to compete in the long jump.

IMHO

It's kind of a shame he took this long to get around to football because he looks like he'll be a top tier receiver for years to come. He could have signed a huge contract, and probably will when his 49ers is up. Gave himself 2 years, one to break out as a premier athlete, and the second to make his case for a long lucrative contract. But this will be really his last chance to hit payday before he's on the wrong side of his prime.

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Yep, and a guy who was roundly ridiculed, mocked and even hated here at TBD.  

That comment is unfair.  Distinguish between what people said about his as a football player versus a human being.  As a football player here he certainly did not live up to his 3rd pickl, 6 tds in 4 seasons, hurt constantly.  I for one said we needed to get rid of him because he was frail, I always respected the man for what he did for his sister.  Even before this new house he had a home designed for himself that she had one  wing and space for  a caretaker could help her out.

10 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Question, did Marquise Goodwin break out a career season because he left that Buffalo offense? Or because he took football in the offseason seriously, being on a new team and all.. I mean just watching him briefly at the 9ers he looked like he added 30 pounds of muscle. Looked like a WR monster.

I think it was him realizing that a gold medal was his dream pursuing a superbowl ring was more likely to happen and not all teams would be will, to pay the Bills (pun intended) for his Olympics dream.   He is a good dude but wish he spent as much effort training to be WR when a Bill.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Now that's what i'm talking about what a stand up dude all about family & giving back to them that is great was sorry to see him move on he was a good player i hope he has a long a great NFL career not many left like him in the NFL !!

You go Flash Goodwin !! 

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I see a mini-van, sports car, van and an old Tahoe? I’m guessing that the sports car is his and the rover his mothers. If you think an athlete that will have made $27M+ (assuming he finishes this contract) is going to go broke over a modest house and a couple of cars I don’t think you know how much $27M is. I know athletes that made a lot less, spent as lavishly and live VERY comfortably. The guys that go broke aren’t the ones that buy 3,000 sq. foot homes for their mothers. 

In addition to that, based on his years of service he will get paid something like $75k (think that is the number) a year starting at 45 plus health benefits for the rest of his life. 

Just hate seeing kids blow cash.  House is great, Ferrari seems excessive... how many thousands of dollars is that back pack? 

$27 mil is $13 mil after taxes and agents- if he plays the whole deal. That’s gotta last him and probably the rest of his family 30-40 years and any other folks hanging off of him. 

I am am very familiar with money actually... hope he gets there or has good investment advice or some solid post nfl career lined up

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood