Marquise Goodwin buys mom/sister home

Question, did Marquise Goodwin break out a career season because he left that Buffalo offense? Or because he took football in the offseason seriously, being on a new team and all.. I mean just watching him briefly at the 9ers he looked like he added 30 pounds of muscle. Looked like a WR monster.

17 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Question, did Marquise Goodwin break out a career season because he left that Buffalo offense? Or because he took football in the offseason seriously, being on a new team and all.. I mean just watching him briefly at the 9ers he looked like he added 30 pounds of muscle. Looked like a WR monster.

As with most things in life, it isn't very black and white.  I have a feeling both were factors.  

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Saw the car line up in front of the house too... he’s gonna be broke by 40

He just signed a $20M extension. He’ll be fine. He can afford a decent sized house and a Range Rover.

Goodwin is a class guy. He’s one of the league’s “good guys.” For all of the negative that we see and hear about the NFL it is nice to have a story like this.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He just signed a $20M extension. He’ll be fine. He can afford a decent sized house and a Range Rover.

Goodwin is a class guy. He’s one of the league’s “good guys.” For all of the negative that we see and hear about the NFL it is nice to have a story like this.

Keep looking down the curb. The rover was the Modest one. 

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree, Saquon also bought his mom a house. They should cover more of the good things players do, the bad things move the needle so we will always be bombarded with that crap. 

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, and a guy who was roundly ridiculed, mocked and even hated here at TBD.  

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Keep looking down the curb. The rover was the Modest one. 

I see a mini-van, sports car, van and an old Tahoe? I’m guessing that the sports car is his and the rover his mothers. If you think an athlete that will have made $27M+ (assuming he finishes this contract) is going to go broke over a modest house and a couple of cars I don’t think you know how much $27M is. I know athletes that made a lot less, spent as lavishly and live VERY comfortably. The guys that go broke aren’t the ones that buy 3,000 sq. foot homes for their mothers. 

In addition to that, based on his years of service he will get paid something like $75k (think that is the number) a year starting at 45 plus health benefits for the rest of his life. 

• Like (+1) 3

Awesome.    He could be deadly this year with JG throwing the ball around.   I love to see things like this because it's kind of a collective dream, everyone wishes they could buy their mom a house and nice things.   Great to see someone do it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Maybe since he was no longer trying to stay lean for Olympic competition, he was finally able to focus on getting in NFL shape and size.  Thirty additional pounds of muscle would seriously effect one's ability to compete in the long jump.

IMHO

• Thank you (+1) 2

Seems that without playing in the olympics he had time to look for a home. Thats nice.

32 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yep, and a guy who was roundly ridiculed, mocked and even hated here at TBD.  

He had the mind to be a great wr here but lacked 2 things. A qb that could put the ball ahead of him so he could keep moving. Enough on his body to absorb the blows when he didnt. I loved his Olympic dream and hated it at the same time.