Adam Schein Ranks Divisions by Quarterback

Ranking Divisions by Quarterback: NFC North, NFC West Top List

You know what they say: It's all about the quarterback. And "they" are right.

But which division will boast the best collection of quarterbacks in 2018? The worst? Let's rank 'em!

NOTE: Quarterbacks listings within each division are presented alphabetically by team. And as you can see, I didn't necessarily pick the projected Week 1 starter in each situation, but rather the guy who will make the biggest mark on the season.

6) AFC EAST

Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen 
Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill 
New England Patriots: Tom Brady 
New York Jets: Sam Darnold

For the sake of this exercise, I'm going to lift up the division by projecting that Allen and Darnold will play sooner than later. In fact, I give both a chance to start in Week 1. Especially Allen. I don't want to hear about AJ McCarron. And spare me the Nathan Peterman nonsense. The Bills smartly traded up for Allen because he's the next Carson Wentz and oozes talent. I believe in Darnold, too. I hope he wins the Jets' job. Meanwhile, Tom Brady is the greatest of all time. And Tannehill is a guy.

He realistically could be the next Wentz.. I think we're so used to terrible QBs that we're kinda preparing ourselves for a disaster but he is by far the most talented QB since Kelly.

How that translates on the field will be awesome to watch and if he is the real deal, with this coaching and roster, we have a legit shot at a SB..

• Like (+1) 1

I don't like the Wentz comparison. Wentz & Co. whooped up on their competition, winning the FCS Championship in all his years there. He also finished as a senior, graduated with a 4.0, which just shows how mature & developed he was. He definitely had a better completion percentage, and didn't have the troubles Allen does reading a defense (and was a better runner).

On the flip side, Allen is more naturally gifted, and according to some research others have done, NDS's opponents had 56.45% SoS compared to Wyoming's 60.79%, so Allen was playing slightly more difficult competition. I don't think he's a sure-fire bust, but he definitely was more of a risk.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I don't like the Wentz comparison. Wentz & Co. whooped up on their competition, winning the FCS Championship in all his years there. He also finished as a senior, graduated with a 4.0, which just shows how mature & developed he was. He definitely had a better completion percentage, and didn't have the troubles Allen does reading a defense (and was a better runner).

On the flip side, Allen is more naturally gifted, and according to some research others have done, NDS's opponents had 56.45% SoS compared to Wyoming's 60.79%, so Allen was playing slightly more difficult competition. I don't think he's a sure-fire bust, but he definitely was more of a risk.

The Wentz comparison was most notably made by Mike Mayock based on similar physical stature and characterisrics.

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

He realistically could be the next Wentz.. I think we're so used to terrible QBs that we're kinda preparing ourselves for a disaster but he is by far the most talented QB since Kelly.

How that translates on the field will be awesome to watch and if he is the real deal, with this coaching and roster, we have a legit shot at a SB..

I have never been so excited for preseason games

This has definitely been one of the more crazy offseasons when looking at the QB position- 

As of now, 13 teams will have a different day 1 starter from last year. 

Better than half the divisions will have a team that trots out a day one starter that wasn’t even on the team last year. 

With the Winston suspension, at least one team from each division will have a different day one starter from last year.

Crazy turnover...

11 hours ago, fansince88 said:

he ia also a big tyrod fan too soooooo.... 

if you don't watch the games, the stats could make Tyrod look great if you wanted them to

• Like (+1) 1