Report: Gareon Conley Has Filed a Counter Suit against the Woman who Falsely Accused Him of Rape

28 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm with a group of girlfriend's this evening and this has come up.   All of been raped.  7 women. ??‍♂️

In current time compared to the not too distant past the relationship between sex and drinking has changed. Where there used to be more leeway between drinking and sex that has changed where even when both parties are drinking and there is a  belief that there is an assumption of consent (usually by the man) that is either no longer the case or less the case. The ground rules have changed to the point where both parties need to be more explicit about where each party is going and what the limits are for the participants. The rules of the game can be murky. And the consequences can be disastrous if too much is assumed prior to the engagement. 

Edited by JohnC

OK, I think it's time to lock this thread down.

High level summation:

1) Everybody seems to be "Good for Conley, if it's a false accusation it should have legal consequences"

2) A resident lawyer points out there may be smart legal maneuvering behind Conley's countersuit, having to do with contingency payments of plaintiff's lawyers

3) Other than that, we're either looping around to points 1) and 2) or getting into a general discussion of sexual assault more appropriate for other forums

I will get out the tea and cucumber sandwiches and entertain polite requests to reopen with persuasive reasoning - PM me

• Thank you (+1) 1