President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Yashar Ali  ?Retweeted Manu Raju

A senior Senate staffer tells me that both of these are non-starters.

1. Kavanaugh will testify after Ford so that he can respond to her accusations the staffer told me

2. They will not allow witnesses to dictate who does/doesn't get subpoenaed.

JULIE KELLY: Ladies, We Don’t Need To Be Part Of Your Group Therapy. 

By ‘we,’ I mean America. And by ‘this,’ I mean some form of forced group therapy session for adult women who cannot move past an ugly event from their teen years and feel the need to relitigate it in public nearly four decades later. A serious vetting process for a Supreme Court nominee has suddenly devolved into the GenX version of ‘The Big Chill.'” 

Of course they're non-starters.  Democrats don't want further hearings, they just want to delay this as long as possible, and cast as much doubt on the confirmation as possible.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This crap stopped resembling a confirmation hearing long before this stuff.

If Kavanagh is sitting there or not, the Dems are going to be campaigning only.  They have no respect for Ford, Kavanagh or any other individual.

And let's not forget, no small reason the Democrats want more time is to line up more disruptions for the hearing.  

I'd be ok with Kavanaugh testifying first. Ask him his hat size, thank him politely for his testimony, then call the B word to testify. When she's done, recall him to rebut her nonsense.

Edited by Koko78
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Well they were high-profile.  I'm sure there were several thousands that weren't.

3.  3 is bigger than 2.  So it's obvious to assume that actually means 1000000000

Like. Wait.  How many died 3 years ago in that hurricane?

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Tom’s point and your second paragraph are the slut shaming that was bound to follow any woman who comes forward with an allegation. 

And why don’t women report sexual assault?

There’s no evidence here that we’ve seen. The confirmation will proceed, as it should, unless something else comes out. But I won’t stoop to calling her a slut or being “50-50” on stories about how she wrote a letter about Gorsuch that originated with a Q-amplifier guy on Twitter. 

Grow a pair.   Life must suck to live on a collar.   

She's not a slut. She's an attention whore, a liar, a hypocrite and a disgusting human who should be put down.

Edit

Cluck sans the l is now word filtered. ?

How insecure must someone have been to report it

Edited by Boyst62

DANIEL HENNINGER: What Democrats Have Become.

Consider the spectacle: Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination for the U.S. Supreme Court, the embodiment of a modern rule of law, is being decided in the Senate by the medieval practice of trial by ordeal, such as surviving immersion in fire or ice. Trial by ordeal was outlawed by the Lateran Council in 1215.

Or worse, the standards of the mob in the Roman Colosseum, turning thumbs up or down on the combatants. Though unlike the Senate Democrats, the Roman mob at least had an open mind.

Incidentally, the standard trope that Donald Trump has degraded our politics? We don’t need to hear that anymore. Or about the moral certitudes of the religious right.

Is there a sadder figure in the modern Democratic Party than Sen. Dianne Feinstein? Elected to the Senate in 1992, Mrs. Feinstein has produced a creditable career. Her above-it-all reputation was never quite deserved, but she has at least performed with dignity.

Now, seeking re-election at 85, she is getting heat from the progressive-dominated Democratic Party in California, the world capital of identity-only politics. By withholding from the committee the accusatory Ford letter that came into her possession nearly two months ago, Sen. Feinstein ensured the nomination’s descent into such a hapless, cynical moment. This will be the most remembered event in Sen. Feinstein’s career.

The Kavanaugh nomination, “given what we know,” has come down to an undiscoverable accusation. The defeat of a Supreme Court nominee on this basis would be a victory for a level of conscious political nullification not seen in the U.S. for a long time. Republicans in the Senate shouldn’t allow it, and voters in November should not affirm it.

This is a joke. Hold the vote tomorrow.

68Posted 

Ford’s requests made by her attorney, per NBC News:

-Hearing Thurs. earliest

-Kavanaugh testifies first

-Kavanaugh not in room when she is

-no outside counsel for questioning

-subpoena Mark Judge

-no time limit on her opening statement

-pool camera only

-movement plan for security

My counter offer would be we're confirming him now

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Ford’s requests made by her attorney, per NBC News:

-Hearing Thurs. earliest

-Kavanaugh testifies first

-Kavanaugh not in room when she is

-no outside counsel for questioning

-subpoena Mark Judge

-no time limit on her opening statement

-pool camera only

-movement plan for security

My counter offer would be we're confirming him now

In about 6 years Harvey Weinstein will be hailed as a champion of women when he makes a movie about all of this.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:50 AM, Tiberius said:

If no other women come forward in the next two weeks then his nomination should go forward. I just hope he crashes and burns, though. 

Come on ladies! Come forward!! 

Where are all the other ladies? 

1 hour ago, bbb said:

Where are all the other ladies? 

Is it fair to dismiss her allegations based on nobody else coming forward?  Probably not. 

Does it make it more likely that she's either making it up or has a faulty memory of what actually happened that night?  Yes.

Do I think this is a Hal Mary play by the Dems to somehow prevent a lifelong Republican from joining the Supreme Court?  Yes.

Is another goal to further the Mad Men society that Democrats are accusing Republican politicians of still embracing with the emphasis on Trump?  Yes.

Would Republican politicians go down this same path if the shoe was on the other foot?  Absolutely. 

Kavanaugh doesn't come off as likable and charismatic as Roberts and Gorsuch did during their confirmation hearings so I'd be interested in seeing the polling on this.  My guess in today's political climate and the #metoo movement there would be a slight edge in those who disapprove of Kavanaugh being appointed with a lot of undecideds.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Is it fair to dismiss her allegations based on nobody else coming forward?  Probably not. 

Does it make it more likely that she's either making it up or has a faulty memory of what actually happened that night?  Yes.

Do I think this is a Hal Mary play by the Dems to somehow prevent a lifelong Republican from joining the Supreme Court?  Yes.

Is another goal to further the Mad Men society that Democrats are accusing Republican politicians of still embracing with the emphasis on Trump?  Yes.

Would Republican politicians go down this same path if the shoe was on the other foot?  Absolutely. 

Kavanaugh doesn't come off as likable and charismatic as Roberts and Gorsuch did during their confirmation hearings so I'd be interested in seeing the polling on this.  My guess in today's political climate and the #metoo movement there would be a slight edge in those who disapprove of Kavanaugh being appointed with a lot of undecideds.

This is the only poll I could find , and it was from several days ago. If it is accurate, it is the reason the squish Republicans found their backbone. Unless you were a woman that voted for Hillary,  you did not find his accuser in any way credible. (Since it is a HuffPo poll and likely to be the poll that most leans for Ford, my  guess is other polls are similar or worse... but that is just a guess.)

The dailycaller posts that poll's numbers in an easy to read chart. 

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You could have stopped after "is it fair".

Of course it isn't.  The politics of personal destruction is an age old trick, as is the destroyers-in-fact claiming moral superiority. 

Many men have made false and unprovable allegations to f with someone else.

Many women have made false and unprovable allegations to f with someone else. 

Most politicians include the ability to do so as a job skill on their resume.

The true art is destroying someone else without getting your hands dirty. Joe Biden today on NBC news said their shoukd be an FBI investigation as they had with Clarence Thomas, that it took two days, CT was confirmed but senators were too tough on Anita Hill. He believed her, of course, so the FBI investigation that revealed nothing of merit...revealed what it only could reveal. He said. She said. 

Biden also made this really awkward comment along the lines of "Have you seen Deliverance? How would you like to be that guy tied to the tree?". What a stooge.