President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

20 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You make an important point. I never particularly liked the guy but convinced at least three woman who despised him personally to vote for him based on his pledge to appoint conservative judges. In my mind this was critical and while it sorta overshadows his other accomplishments (some in process) those accomplishments are huge. He has become a difference maker.

For the record, I have liked both his appointees. Still despise the shannigans in 16 though. 

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

This could be another Souter disguised in Scalia clothing.

This is what I'm afraid of, though it's not completely rational.  Souter had virtually no paper trail, serving less than a year at the first circuit, and HW was surrounded by statist traitors who whispered Souter's name in his ear.  Kavanaugh has a 10 year track record at the DC circuit.  He's no Scalia, but he seems like an Alito with a little less love for regulatory executive administrations.

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

No, they have become even funnier cause they have so much ammo to work with

Maybe if Burr, the ghost of Dangerfield, Old Jay Leno, or Letterman we’re doing it. 

Meyers, Noah etc just sound like whiny bitches who stopped writing jokes. 

Can you link any funny clips from them ?

Nonsense like Zoolander and Night at the Roxbury can make me laugh but this batch of late guys/sjw’s can’t deliver.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

This is what I'm afraid of, though it's not completely rational.  Souter had virtually no paper trail, serving less than a year at the first circuit, and HW was surrounded by statist traitors who whispered Souter's name in his ear.  Kavanaugh has a 10 year track record at the DC circuit.  He's no Scalia, but he seems like an Alito with a little less love for regulatory executive administrations.

The GOP really isnt into overturning abortion rights 

12 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

No, they have become even funnier cause they have so much ammo to work with

cmon, this dude just invites parody no? The hair, the tan lines, the lies, just everything. Like I said, the right has become the 'snowflakes" ..waaaah you making fun of my guy..not fair"

Jesus, yall claim all the time the left is PC, but when someone attacks your guy for obvious mistruths and even just disagrees with one of the positions..it is an " o see. i am hurt, they disagree with Trump" ...grow a pair for christ's sake.

You do understand people will make fun of what they see as absurd..and networks et al will only air if it makes money for them

Yes...but it's not "parody" they're engaging in.  Compare today's "satire" to this...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, gatorbait said:

Name some.

It is tough as most of those leaning right that are comedians were squeezed out during the Obama years.  While humor has always been about making fun of those "more powerful" than the average person, that just was not allowed between 2008 and 2016.

But, look to Greg Gutfeld and Dennis Miller as right-leaning comedians if you want to listen (or read) something funny.

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I say snowflakes are old rightwingers who cannot take a joke and see a perceived threat in everything. Worrying about what a 3rd rate comedian like what Kathy Griffen says...Who TF cares?

Worried about it? 

Hell, we freaking love it. The humor is terrible, but every time Kathy Griffin opens her piehole, another person is inspired to #walkaway.

I hope Kathy Griffin keeps it up in USA Today every week and gets invited to give the eulogy at RBG's memorial service.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It is tough as most of those leaning right that are comedians were squeezed out during the Obama years.  While humor has always been about making fun of those "more powerful" than the average person, that just was not allowed between 2008 and 2016.

But, look to Greg Gutfeld and Dennis Miller as right-leaning comedians if you want to listen (or read) something funny.

I like those two. Would love to see Row list some more since he thinks most comedians are righties which is absolutely wrong. 

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I say snowflakes are old rightwingers who cannot take a joke and see a perceived threat in everything. Worrying about what a 3rd rate comedian like what Kathy Griffen says...Who TF cares?

Do you find that creating your own definitions in any way hampers your ability to have productive discussions? Don't be like Baskin; I've read plenty of your posts and know you're better than that.

I'm not sure why you reference Kathy Griffin specifically, but I couldn't care less about what she says or does. Saying outrageous things about Trump is the only way she can get anyone to pay her any attention nowadays.

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

Do you find that creating your own definitions in any way hampers your ability to have productive discussions? Don't be like Baskin; I've read plenty of your posts and know you're better than that.

I'm not sure why you reference Kathy Griffin specifically, but I couldn't care less about what she says or does. Saying outrageous things about Trump is the only way she can get anyone to pay her any attention nowadays.

I'm the one who brought up Kathy Griffin in response to his point that no one has a sense of humor anymore, to suggest that virtually everyone must use Trump in their comedy. You can't turn on a damn thing without someone picking on him, in ways we've never seen previously. My point was that the issue isn't that we lost our sense of humor, but rather that comedy is no longer funny because it's stale and predictable.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Yes...but it's not "parody" they're engaging in.  Compare today's "satire" to this...

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Or this - when SNL was actually funny.

Back when political satire was meant to be both funny and relevant. :lol:

Modern late night is a branch of the DNC and Media Matters

54 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm the one who brought up Kathy Griffin in response to his point that no one has a sense of humor anymore, to suggest that virtually everyone must use Trump in their comedy. You can't turn on a damn thing without someone picking on him, in ways we've never seen previously. My point was that the issue isn't that we lost our sense of humor, but rather that comedy is no longer funny because it's stale and predictable.

Thanks - I didn't know where the Griffin reference originated, so I was wondering why he included that in his reply to me. With regards to comedians, I see a lot of people who are usually both original and funny, but are now neither; the same old insults over and over, they all say the same crap. Nothing original about that.