President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

4 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I like her and was hoping Barrett would be selected, but she hasn't been a judge all that long.

I think her biggest problem is that she sexually assaulted Brett Kavanaugh at a wild kegger held at an unspecified date, time, and place, but may have occurred in either the 20th or 21st centuries. Kavanaugh's lack of knowledge and failure to corroborate this completely true claim is due to his being a blackout drunk, and completely proves the true and accurate accusation. There were 14 other people there who witnessed this brutal and traumatic assault, but their memory problems in not recalling the brutal assault by Judge Barrett on Judge Kavanaugh are due to health/personal problems, and again show that the accusation is accurate.

Also, Michael Avanatti has been contacted by a person who swears up and down that, despite her 6 previous perjury convictions, she was also present at a gang rape party where she heard that Judge Barrett participated in assaulting some other unnamed poor, innocent man.

Edited by Koko78

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I think her biggest problem is that she sexually assaulted Brett Kavanaugh at a wild kegger held at an unspecified date, time, and place, but may have occurred in either the 20th or 21st centuries. Kavanaugh's lack of knowledge and failure to corroborate this completely true claim is due to his being a blackout drunk, and completely proves the true and accurate accusation. There were 14 other people there who witnessed this brutal and traumatic assault, but their memory problems in not recalling the brutal assault by Judge Barrett on Judge Kavanaugh are due to health/personal problems, and again show that the accusation is accurate.

Also, Michael Avanatti has been contacted by a person who swears up and down that, despite her 6 previous perjury convictions, she was also present at a gang rape party where she heard that Judge Barrett participated in assaulting some other unnamed poor, innocent man.

Sounds plausible.  

53 minutes ago, KRC said:

I will have to see if I can find the ones where they did not join together.

From what I can see, Garland joined 27 out of 28 opinions written by Kavanaugh, and Kavanaugh joined 28 out of 30 written by Garland. 

They differ on some environmental issues:

White Stallion Energy Center LLC et. al. v EPA

Garland part of the majority

Kavanaugh wrote dissent (Supreme Court agreed 5-4)

EPA wanted to regulate mercury. Kavanaugh stated that the EPA did not consider the $9.6 billion price tag before putting in place the regulation.

Coalition for Responsible Regulation Inc v EPA

Garland part of majority

Kavanaugh dissented (Supreme Court agreed)

EPA wanted to implement a permit process for greenhouse gasses under the Clean Air Act. Kavanaugh stated that the EPA could not implement a permit process solely for greenhouse gasses under the Clean Air Act.

However, they did agree on other environmental issues, so it is not across-the-board disagreement.

Still working on the third case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Umm... try running for Senate if you want to dictate how advise and consent works.

For a witness to be dictating to a Senare committee like this, she has got to have committee members directing her.

Which itsel would be a gross conflict of interest, as they'd be directly interfering with the investigation, not just holding a hearing.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I would argue that the control apparatus has only been damaged and remains mostly in place.   It'll take many years of sustained effort to bring it down. 

Agreed. It's absolutely an ongoing effort. 

DdgcNosU8AAdFws.jpg

16 minutes ago, KRC said:

From what I can see, Garland joined 27 out of 28 opinions written by Kavanaugh, and Kavanaugh joined 28 out of 30 written by Garland. 

They differ on some environmental issues:

White Stallion Energy Center LLC et. al. v EPA

Garland part of the majority

Kavanaugh wrote dissent (Supreme Court agreed 5-4)

EPA wanted to regulate mercury. Kavanaugh stated that the EPA did not consider the $9.6 billion price tag before putting in place the regulation.

Coalition for Responsible Regulation Inc v EPA

Garland part of majority

Kavanaugh dissented (Supreme Court agreed)

EPA wanted to implement a permit process for greenhouse gasses under the Clean Air Act. Kavanaugh stated that the EPA could not implement a permit process solely for greenhouse gasses under the Clean Air Act.

However, they did agree on other environmental issues, so it is not across-the-board disagreement.

Still working on the third case.

:beer: Appreciate it. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I gotta tell ya, the term "African-American" bugs the **** out of me. My MIL, FIL, and BIL were all born on the continent of Africa and became American citizens. If they had chosen to use African-American, at least it would have been real (they did not). Oh, and they were white (all of them are now deceased).  

Honestly, unless you were born in another country, IMO you (generic you) don't get to use a hyphen if you are a citizen of the United States. I learned that lesson when I went to Poland (under communist rule) at 12 and was introduced everywhere as, "This is my American cousin." 

Definitely a pet peeve of mine. ?

Yes, I hear you. I remember reading a Raymond Chandler novel many moons ago. There was a character who was a taxi driver and he tells Philip Marlowe he is Spanish American. The difference is he was trying to emphasize the American part so he would not be confused with Mexicans. In any event, I dislike the nomenclature as well. I sometimes use it to avoid the hassle that ensues if you ignore it, but in this case I was simply invoking the POV of the moron class and using the rhetoric as they understand it.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

So corrupt they are nearly beyond satire . . . also, George Soros would like to send you a check for this imporant information.

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But then Feinstein (I can't get used to her new nic of ChiFi yet) wouldn't have been able to use it as a political "winner".  And clearly from her "closely held" comments, it was a real winner - SMH.  

She !@#$ed up. The dems all !@#$ed up on this. They made a mockery of: real sexual assault victims,  the Senate, the Supreme Court, and a fair "trial" (innocent until proven guilty).

Senator Feinstein - heck, all Democratic Senators - should be very proud of their accomplishments. A blue wave indeed. ? ? (snark tags for the last!)

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, I hear you. I remember reading a Raymond Chandler novel many moons ago. There was a character who was a taxi driver and he tells Philip Marlowe he is Spanish American. The difference is he was trying to emphasize the American part so he would not be confused with Mexicans. In any event, I dislike the nomenclature as well. I sometimes use it to avoid the hassle that ensues if you ignore it, but in this case I was simply invoking the POV of the moron class and using the rhetoric as they understand it.

I struggle with this as well.

If someone says they identify as an African-American (which is different from "black", as black people from, let's say England, are not African-American) rather than simply American, then they differentiate themselves from other Americans in an intentional and ongoing way.  This serves to create an ongoing divide that cannot possibly be bridged as a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy.

Likewise, when someone says they identify primarily as a "black man", they have told me that they first identify as black, and then as a man.  This is fundamentally different than identifying first as a man who happens to be black. This is a statement that their "blackness" is more central to them than their masculinity or their humanity; and if they identify that way, they invite others to identify them that way as well.

The sooner we can get to a point where we all primarily identify as "man" (as in human), and American rather than some modified hypenation, the better off we'll be.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Well, it seems that the FBI investigation is good for Kavanaugh. Feinstein wouldn't want to keep it confidential otherwise.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

also, George Soros would like to send you a check for this imporant information.

Well, when he is making out the check, he should keep in mind that my very best friends call me Cash.

• Haha (+1) 2

Flake sending mixed signals.  Now he's saying that he doesn't believe there should be any investigation on Kavanaugh's drinking and that it's hard to judge "excess drinking".

That he is content with where the FBI investigation has gone.

hmmm

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Ford really wants to be interviewed by the FBI. Might she be wanting to correct the record from her testimony in some way?

More likely her attorneys just want to waste time and claim that the investigation is tainted because either a.) the FBI didn't interview her thoroughly enough; or b.) the FBI didn't interview her at all.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

More likely her attorneys just want to waste time and claim that the investigation is tainted because either a.) the FBI didn't interview her thoroughly enough; or b.) the FBI didn't interview her at all.

There's always that.

58 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Avanati out with a new witness. But this one said something that looks really bad for this whole thing. The new witness connects three of the women together and says they all know each other! Have they been talking? 

Why on earth would any credible witnesses hitch their wagon to Avenatti?  If they're legit witnesses they have to know that associating with him sinks their credibility right out of the gate.  

Edited by keepthefaith