Top 16 All Time QB's According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com

19 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jim Kelly is not among the sixteen best in the history of the league.  JMO.  Sorry if that offends you. 

Neither are Warren Moon or Troy Aikman. Steve Young was better than both.

• Like (+1) 1

Looks at list, sees Troy Aikman. Closes list.

I don’t care how good his team was, I don’t care that he was on 3 super bowl champions.

You can’t put a guy on this list with FIVE 3,000 yard seasons and a career high of 23 TD passes in 12 years on the list

Nope. No.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers aren't on his list?

These two are easily in the top 10 of QB's all time and they aren't even on a top 16 list of a "supposedly" respected NFL man like Brandt?

All lists are subject to criticism, but these two omissions are just pathetic.

But Troy Aikman is 10.

Yowza.

5 hours ago, Irv said:

Young needs to be on that list.  So does Rodgers.  I would take them both over Elway and Kelly. 

Elway was probably the best pure QB in  history before Brady and Manning showed up. Young might be one of the top 3 most overrated QBs ever. Im not even certain he deserved the Hall compared to what so many other QBs did, but it's easy for QBs to get in. 

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Elway was probably the best pure QB in  history before Brady and Manning showed up. Young might be one of the top 3 most overrated QBs ever. Im not even certain he deserved the Hall compared to what so many other QBs did, but it's easy for QBs to get in. 

He had great numbers for many seasons consecutively with off the charts completion % and has a Ring. Not sure how you arrive here. 

8 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Brady isn't # 1. Not by a long shot when you factor the cheating in. He's number 6 at best imo.

He's not on my list at all cuz he's tainted. All his records/accomplishments are tainted as well.

If he's so darn good, why does he have to cheat?

Roger Staubach is number 1on my list. ☺

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He had great numbers for many seasons consecutively with off the charts completion % and has a Ring. Not sure how you arrive here. 

What years? I think he had top 5-10 numbers for a good chunk of his career, but I dont remember him ever scaring a team the way a lot of other QBs have. This is of course completely ignoring his team was stacked to the gills.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:41 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Peyton was better at throwing a football

Brady is better at winning

Winning is not a one-man thing. Brady has had the luxury of the ideal cast, coaches, and situation for his whole career. I doubt he'd have the same success with the teams and coaches Manning had.

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

What years? I think he had top 5-10 numbers for a good chunk of his career, but I dont remember him ever scaring a team the way a lot of other QBs have. This is of course completely ignoring his team was stacked to the gills.

He was so good the 49ers moved on from the great Joe Montana.  He was uncommonly accurate, ran the 49er offense to perfection, and could beat teams with his legs when plays broke down.  He was  great until concussions forced him out.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YounSt00.htm

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

What do yall want?  Numbers or Lombardis? 

Which QB do people remember more, Bart Starr or Dan Fouts?

I'll take the Lombardis which puts Terry and Bart and Troy and Joe and Roger near the top of the list.  QBs job is to win. 

Just now, Green Lightning said:

It doesn't offend me but I disagree. Kelly is in this mix.

Not for me. Didn't show up in the big games to drive the Bills to championships and his regular season numbers don't blow me away.  Great QB who doesn't make the best of the best for me. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not for me. Didn't show up in the big games to drive the Bills to championships and his regular season numbers don't blow me away.  Great QB who doesn't make the best of the best for me. 

No wide right he'd have a ring. He won us plenty of of games with his pluck. And by your measure you better pull Marino off that list as well

Edited by Green Lightning

Just now, Green Lightning said:

No wide right he'd have a ring. He won us plenty of of games with his pluck. 

He takes his share of the blame in that game where the Bills were the better team and I'm talking about the game of games where he never showed up as the man

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

What do yall want?  Numbers or Lombardis? 

Which QB do people remember more, Bart Starr or Dan Fouts?

I'll take the Lombardis which puts Terry and Bart and Troy and Joe and Roger near the top of the list.  QBs job is to win. 

So, should we add Eli Manning, Bob Griese, Ben Roethlisberger, and Jim Plunkett to that list then?  All have won at least two Superbowls as starting QB's.