Top 16 All Time QB's According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com

Key word "greatest", not "best". Everyone knows that Manning was the best QB ever, but he wasn't the "greatest". That's generally measured by championships. Its why guys like Aikman and Bradshaw are on the list. 

That said, the list is odd. Montana should be #2, if it's truly based on greatness, and if it's not, Aaron Rodgers should be on the list. Kelly and Moon don't belong (no SBs, but Moon won 5 Grey Cups) although I think they're both probably in the top 20 or so of all time. FTR, Moon is probably a bit underrated in general. Between the NFL and CFL, he had over 70,000 yards passing.

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jim Kelly is not among the sixteen best in the history of the league.  JMO.  Sorry if that offends you. 

Neither is Troy Aikman. Kelly deserves to be on the list before Aikman. Yes Aikman has the SB, but I don't remember defensive coaches fearing Aikman at QB. And for the guy who thinks Moon should be removed is NUTS.

2 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Neither is Troy Aikman. Kelly deserves to be on the list before Aikman. Yes Aikman has the SB, but I don't remember defensive coaches fearing Aikman at QB. And for the guy who thinks Moon should be removed is NUTS.

Aikman was money in the biggest playoff games against the best opponents while our Jim Kelly was not.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

My top 10 would be

Brady

Manning

Montana

Brees

Rogers

Elway

Favre

Unitis

Marino

Young

Brees is going to end up with every single passing record ever. He just had the misfortune of being in the same era as probably the 2 best QBs of all time. If Brees was born 10 years earlier or 10 years later, he might be looked at as the best ever. He just lost a lot of attention with Brady and Manning being there at the same time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Key word "greatest", not "best". Everyone knows that Manning was the best QB ever, but he wasn't the "greatest". That's generally measured by championships. Its why guys like Aikman and Bradshaw are on the list. 

That said, the list is odd. Montana should be #2, if it's truly based on greatness, and if it's not, Aaron Rodgers should be on the list. Kelly and Moon don't belong (no SBs, but Moon won 5 Grey Cups) although I think they're both probably in the top 20 or so of all time. FTR, Moon is probably a bit underrated in general. Between the NFL and CFL, he had over 70,000 yards passing.

wow i didn't know that.               joe cool should def. be no.2

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Brees should be higher. Bradshaw lower. Other than that it looks okay. Thanks for finding and posting OP!

TOTALLY agree on that! Brees is....Brees. Bradshaw played behind a ‘roided up line before both teams cheated and had HOF WR’s. Humorous on TV, but overrated on this list. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

If you’re a Bills fan and you don’t think that Jim Kelly is a top 16 QB all time then are you even a Bills fan? 

Being a Bills fan and being realistic need not be mutually exclusive.

Steve Young belong on that list.  He led the NFL in passer rating six times, is 4th all time in rushing yards, and has a title.  Young, Rodgers, and Fouts on.  Aikman, Kelly, and Moon off.  Rodgers will be in the top 5 by the time he retires.

1.) Brady

2.) Montana

3.) P. Manning 

4.) Unitas

5.) Elway

6.) Graham

7.) Marino

8.) Rodgers

9.) Favre

10.) Brees

11.) Young

12.) Baugh

13.) Staubach

14.) Tarkenton

15.) Bradshaw

16.) Fouts

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Aikman was money in the biggest playoff games against the best opponents while our Jim Kelly was not.

Aikman won in the NFC, i doubt the second best AFC team would have made the playoffs in the other conference for almost all those 13 years of loss.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Steve Young belong on that list.  He led the NFL in passer rating six times, is 4th all time in rushing yards, and has a title.  Young, Rodgers, and Fouts on.  Aikman, Kelly, and Moon off.  Rodgers will be in the top 5 by the time he retires.

1.) Brady

2.) Montana

3.) P. Manning 

4.) Unitas

5.) Elway

6.) Graham

7.) Marino

8.) Rodgers

9.) Favre

10.) Brees

11.) Young

12.) Baugh

13.) Staubach

14.) Tarkenton

15.) Bradshaw

16.) Fouts

Very strong list!

2 hours ago, Augie said:

TOTALLY agree on that! Brees is....Brees. Bradshaw played behind a ‘roided up line before both teams cheated and had HOF WR’s. Humorous on TV, but overrated on this list. 

Agree.  Bradshaw is overrated and does not belong on this list.  He was nearly cut by Chuck Knoll at one point, and was also benched.