John Kryk: (Beane) said that Colin Kaepernick would be a distraction

HOUSE

USATSI_9612806.jpg?itok=1Yt-IEmi&c=416642078a807391a71671b2d90e4206

Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports

John Kryk: (Beane) said that Colin Kaepernick would be a distraction

John Kryk joined Sal Capaccio on Tuesday afternoon

July 03, 2018 - 3:16 pm

John Kryk of the Toronto Sun and the Post Media spoke with Sal Capaccio to discuss this past Buffalo Bills season and the upcoming campaign. Including a quick note on the Bills and Colin Kaepernick. 

Here's the best from John's time with Sal.  

John Kryk on his conversation with Bills GM Brandon Beane:

"I asked Brandon Beane: 'What's a Buffalo Bills Player?' That's when he went into that they research every person that they draft and they don't want anybody who's gonna be a distraction, and that's when he said that Colin Kaepernick would be a distraction."

John Kryk on what young Quarterbacks have to do to be recognized by their coaches:

"It really comes down to the young quarterbacks. Can they master all of the pre-snap responsibilities? Can they recognize the defense properly? Can they change the blocking assignments, if necessary? Can they audible to the correct different play? They need to convince their own teammates first, that they can do all of that, before you have to worry about convincing the coaches."

John Kryk on how he thinks the Bills will do this upcoming season:

"They made the playoffs. They overachieved, absolutely. The tough part now is repeating. Even if they had a vastly improved roster it's hard for teams to repeat  to get back into the playoffs.

John Kryk on when he thinks we will see Josh Allen starting for the Bills: 

"If we don't see Allen getting those reps with the one's, on a regular basis, by the middle of camp, then he's probably going to be wearing a ball cap if not dressing at all during the season."

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/john-kryk-beane-said-colin-kaepernick-would-be-distraction

Edited by THE SLAMMER
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so let the truth be known besides not being a good football player.....him and RG II 1/8 were one trick ponies quickly figured out by DC's...........

He might be the best QB on the Bills.  We would cream ourselves if Josh Allen posted Kaepernick ‘s “awful” stats his last year in the nfl on an awful offense.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Beane grasps the incredibly obvious.

I'm loving this guy more and more.

Yeah, Beane has killed it with his offensive player evaluations so far! Jordan Matthews! Broken Kelvin Benjamin! $3 million for an aging and slow rb!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, Beane has killed it with his offensive player evaluations so far! Jordan Matthews! Broken Kelvin Benjamin! $3 million for an aging and slow rb!

I didn't say the man was perfect.

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He might be the best QB on the Bills.  We would cream ourselves if Josh Allen posted Kaepernick ‘s “awful” stats his last year in the nfl on an awful offense.

Slowly back away from the bar, put the drink down, and get coffee!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tebow is out of the league because he couldn’t throw a football.  

Got to be honest, I take Tebow over Colin Kaepernick

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

...IF he had to beat out Marangi or Billy Joe Hobert.............

Jury is out on whether they have a clue on offense. I like that they cut bait with Dennison. Not sold on Castillo as oline coach, but he continues to have a good reputation so perhaps he is better than I imagine. I do wish we would bring in some young blood at rb. I liked Allen before the draft, so I am not a skeptic there and if they hit at qb, that is the tide that raises all boats.

As for Kaepernick, folks who like him will continue to think he is being black-balled for political reasons. Maybe so, but I think it more plausible he falls into the Tim Tebow category of not good enough to be worth the distractions.

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Slowly back away from the bar, put the drink down, and get coffee!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

Yup, Josh Allen would be a bust if he completed 59% of his passes (Allen completed 56% in the MWC where I don’t think Seattle has a team) and had a 4 tds to 1 int ratio.  What an awful season that would be where Kerley is your number 1 wr.

fact is Kaepernick is better than Peterman and McCarron and odds are (and I hope I’m wrong) he will have a better career than Allen.  In a league that suspends women beaters/ drug users 2 games and in an offseason where we signed 2 guys coming off suspension (character!), if you were about having the best team possible, you would sign Kaepernick.  

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Jordan Matthews was a throw in, the trade was about the draft pick. I agree with bad RB decisions though.