John Kryk: (Beane) said that Colin Kaepernick would be a distraction

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

Got to be honest, I take Tebow over Colin Kaepernick

And I pretty much know which way you vote.  Personally, I don’t care about that BS either way but just want the best, non criminal, football team.  And if you honestly believe Tebow is a better qb than Kaepernick, you’re a moron. 

Just now, Commonsense said:

Jordan Matthews was a throw in, the trade was about the draft pick. I agree with bad RB decisions though.

Matthews was thought to be our new number 1.  I think you missed all the talk about his good numbers in Philly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Kaep is out of the NFL for two reasons:

1) it is obvious that football isn't his #1 priority, even when he's on a team. No coach wants a QB with that mentality 

2) he's simply not good enough at football to overcome #1 above or the fact that he is indeed a distraction 

• Like (+1) 7

24 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

Tim Tebow is out of the league for the same reason....

I thought Tim Tebow was out of the league because he couldn't play QB.  Should have converted to TE.

Kaepernick can probably play football, but not well enough to overcome being a distraction.

Edit: didn't Shady kind of nail that point?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought Tim Tebow was out of the league because he couldn't play QB.  Should have converted to TE.

Kaepernick can probably play football, but not well enough to overcome being a distraction.

Edit: didn't Shady kind of nail that point?

I always saw Tim Tebow as a perfect backup. The problem was the fans were always calling for TEBOW. A few INTs  TEBOW

IMO it is a distraction.

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...three way tie for dead LAST........Casper-nicked, RG II 1/8 and Tebone.......imagine if that trio was your TC roster?....paging Joe Dufek................

Yeah, I can’t imagine having a guy who almost won a SB on our roster when we have a guy who threw 5 ints in a half, a guy who completed 56% of his passes in the Mountain West, and a guy with an awful chest today who plays glory days while watching his Bama tape.  No possible chance to upgrade our stud qb roster.

but I hope every enjoys their 4th.  I’m going to drink my Buds, smoke my marbs, sing the national anthem every time I see a flag, blame minorities for all my problems, drunkenly light fireworks and shoot my guns, and then attempt to make love to my heavy set wife.  Because I’m a patriot and more American than you!!!

??

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

Yup, Josh Allen would be a bust if he completed 59% of his passes (Allen completed 56% in the MWC where I don’t think Seattle has a team) and had a 4 tds to 1 int ratio.  What an awful season that would be where Kerley is your number 1 wr.

fact is Kaepernick is better than Peterman and McCarron and odds are (and I hope I’m wrong) he will have a better career than Allen.  In a league that suspends women beaters/ drug users 2 games and in an offseason where we signed 2 guys coming off suspension (character!), if you were about having the best team possible, you would sign Kaepernick.  

Keep dreaming, he's toxic and no wants him with good reason. Possibly check the CFL next year he may be a back up!

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I can’t imagine having a guy who almost won a SB on our roster when we have a guy who threw 5 ints in a half, a guy who completed 56% of his passes in the Mountain West, and a guy with an awful chest today who plays glory days while watching his Bama tape.  No possible chance to upgrade our stud qb roster.

but I hope every enjoys their 4th.  I’m going to drink my Buds, smoke my marbs, sing the national anthem every time I see a flag, blame minorities for all my problems, drunkenly light fireworks and shoot my guns, and then attempt to make love to my heavy set wife.  Because I’m a patriot and more American than you!!!

??

I can see you are quite the intellect!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, FappyTheClown said:

Kaepernick is a good QB, though...

Reminded me of the Vince Young flop, started off great then the defenses figured him out. He was horrible at reading a defense, the answer was always to just RUN

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

??

Really dude?

If Kaep showed 1/10 the amount of dedication to football that he did to protesting the dubious claim of disproportionate police violence against minorities he'd likely have a job in the NFL.

This regime has been nothing short of consistent regarding their desire to have players that are dedicated to the process; there's no way that Kaep is that type of guy.

You seem to be falling into the all-too-familiar trap of mislabeling folks that don't agree on this issue...and you, my friend, are better than that.

I do however wish you a happy 4th

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, THE SLAMMER said:

John Kryk on what young Quarterbacks have to do to be recognized by their coaches:

"It really comes down to the young quarterbacks. Can they master all of the pre-snap responsibilities? Can they recognize the defense properly? Can they change the blocking assignments, if necessary? Can they audible to the correct different play? They need to convince their own teammates first, that they can do all of that, before you have to worry about convincing the coaches."

Based on the description Beane gave, the QB they wanted was Rosen, but they drafted Allen.  Hopefully with time Allen can progress to where Rosen already was with that stuff.

I don't understand how people think he would NOT be a distraction? Kaepernick is done in the NFL. Not only is he suing his possible future bosses he is just an awful player.

Do you guys remember when he wore Pigs in Police uniforms socks? and the Fidel castro T-shirt????? This guy is just clueless, has no idea what he is talking about. 

0901-colin-kaepernick-socks-getty-zoom-3

161127122838-01-colin-kaepernick-malcom-

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

With the entire interview and all the topics discussed how does "John Kryk: (Beane) said that Colin Kaepernick would be a distraction" become the headline?  

How does WGR post it like this? "I asked Brandon Beane: 'What's a Buffalo Bills Player?' That's when he went into that they research every person that they draft and they don't want anybody who's gonna be a distraction, and that's when he said that Colin Kaepernick would be a distraction."

What a pile of trash the media is.  He asked Beane about Kaep.  From the above it makes it sound like Beane offered up Kaep as a distraction when asked what is a Buffalo Bills player.  All totally not true.

Here's how it was asked and answered.  

Q: There has been a lot of speculation about Colin Kaepernick, the reasons he hasn’t been signed. What is your philosophy on a so-called lightning-rod player, especially if he qualifies otherwise in those ways you mentioned about character?

BEANE: “First and foremost, you like to eliminate all distractions. And part of my job is, whether a player is being a distraction, or a coach, or anything, is to eliminate distractions. Whether internal or external. Now that being said, every situation is unique. So I’m not going to sit up here and say I would never have a player who has something going on that would be a minor distraction, or whatever. But I’m not looking to ever bring in any distractions for this locker room.”

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, Beane has killed it with his offensive player evaluations so far! Jordan Matthews! Broken Kelvin Benjamin! $3 million for an aging and slow rb!

You do realize 3 million for a veteran RB isn’t that much and it is really 2.75 million

you do know that James White a career backup makes 4 million per...

Theo Riddick makes 3.75 million

Ex Bills backup Gillislee makes 3.2 million

Corey Grant the backup on Jacksonville makes 2.9 million 

We really aren’t overpaying for ivory, he is making backup money

• Like (+1) 2