ESPN appears to have terminated comment sections

12 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Are you trying to say something?...Your statement reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it...?

Are you inferring that I’m implying that TBD falls into that category?  TBD is only like that sometimes.  Unless you go to Off The Wall, which is slightly more likely to degrade to inside jokes and insults. My intellect and intestinal fortitude are not up to the task of visiting PPP.  I tried that once and I still have nightmares. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

I didn't know people still watch or read ESPN. weird.

I think they just go there to post “HEY! ESPN....you suck!” 

Not shocking if that went away....

35 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

ESPN *takes long slow drag of a ciggy*   Haven't heard that name in ages....

you don't watch

college football or basketball

prime time NFL games

the NBA

at all?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

My intellect and intestinal fortitude are not up to the task of visiting PPP.  I tried that once and I still have nightmares. 

My late wife's father gave me invaluable advice:  "Never discuss politics or religion."

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Seriously I do not watch ESPN.   

they cover games in

college football

college basketball

NFL prime time

NBA

and have the logo on the screen the whole time

hard to believe you haven't heard of ESPN....

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

they cover games in

college football

college basketball

NFL prime time

NBA

and have the logo on the screen the whole time

hard to believe you haven't heard of ESPN....

I watched it for decades, 2 from 1992-2012, and in 2012 i pretty much stopped watching.   Too much drama, too much garbage, they became what MTV is to music videos.   All  gas no substance. 

• Like (+1) 1

Other than a good college football game or a few specific college hoops games, I would generally only tune in for Mike & Mike and (God forbid!) Cowherd. They ruined M&M and sent Greenberg to a watered formula of all their other shows. Too much of Greenie watching the others talk. Cowherd went to Fox which I regularly watch for Big East hoops. I have to be careful to never tune into Cowherd a minute early lest I hear the voice of Skip Bayless. I’m very careful about that. 

Edited by Augie

i would still pay a premium monthly cable fee to get ESPN

you couldn't fathom the trash that Canada has in the name of sports reporting from 2 networks...

there hasn't been a decent NCAA hi-lite run on my screen since CNN dropped Nick Charles and Fred Hickman after 9/11

12 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I watched it for decades, 2 from 1992-2012, and in 2012 i pretty much stopped watching.   Too much drama, too much garbage, they became what MTV is to music videos.   All  gas no substance. 

I am just like you.    The programming became complete trash about 6-7 years ago and I stopped watching it.  I only watch if it's my only option of seeing the Bills.   Won't even tune into the other MNF games.   

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

I am just like you.    The programming became complete trash about 6-7 years ago and I stopped watching it.  I only watch if it's my only option of seeing the Bills.   Won't even tune into the other MNF games.   

what if MNF got the good games?

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i would still pay a premium monthly cable fee to get ESPN

you couldn't fathom the trash that Canada has in the name of sports reporting from 2 networks...

there hasn't been a decent NCAA hi-lite run on my screen since CNN dropped Nick Charles and Fred Hickman after 9/11

Oh, I still have at least 3 ESPN channels, but I have countless others as well such as NFLN, FS1, FS2, CBNSC, NBCSN, BTN, Tennis Channel, FSS, etc. I don’t need ESPN to get my fix, and they are only rarely the best option for me.  Mike & Mike was the one I tried to catch when I could, and they blew that. Therefore, while I still pay, my viewership is watered down. That hurts them in the long run as evidenced by recent cost cutting (which, yes, had a lot of factors involved). 

42 minutes ago, Augie said:

Other than a good college football game or a few specific college hoops games, I would generally only tune in for Mike & Mike and (God forbid!) Cowherd. They ruined M&M and sent Greenberg to a watered formula of all their other shows. Too much of Greenie watching the others talk. Cowherd went to Fox which I regularly watch for Big East hoops. I have to be careful to never tune into Cowherd a minute early lest I hear the voice of Skip Bayless. I’m very careful about that. 

Honestly, besides PTI, all sports talk shows are trash.  It’s hilarious that people bash ESPN but it’s not like FS1 is coming close to making a dent.  

Pretty much i watch live sports, PTI, and listen to podcasts.  But try as some of this cults might, the nfl and ESPN are going to be the Kings no matter what.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, besides PTI, all sports talk shows are trash.  It’s hilarious that people bash ESPN but it’s not like FS1 is coming close to making a dent.  

Pretty much i watch live sports, PTI, and listen to podcasts.  But try as some of this cults might, the nfl and ESPN are going to be the Kings no matter what.

Agreed it’s 99% trash. For me personally, I like M&M and Cowherd. M&M is no longer the same, and Cowherd is on FSN, as is BE basketball. I now watch more Fox than ESPN in general. ESPN is still the king, but I’ve been watching a lot of World Cup lately too. The world is changing to some degree....