Shady McCoy: "I Have More to Prove"

16 hours ago, Augie said:

Kale and avocado smoothies, right?   Is that the Brady diet?

(With discreet PED’s for dessert?)

Avocado smoothies with bananas and coconut are good. My wife makes them so I eat my avocados. 

If she had a source for PEDs she would probably add them too.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Avocado smoothies with bananas and coconut are good. My wife makes them so I eat my avocados. 

If she had a source for PEDs she would probably add them too.

...does that mean she's disappointed??...just askin'..............

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Keep in mind with TT under center opposing defenses stacked the box hard, limiting McCoy's opportunities.  This season with a QB willing to throw deep, Shady should have a little manuevering room.

He also was a threat to run so a defender needed to account for him.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True but it would be something.  I won’t mind a 4th and I don’t know if you get that with an in season trade.

I’ve grown to love McCoy.  He is a different guy than in Philly.  I just feel like with our offense, he is going to struggle.  IMO, he was a guy I’d trade over a 24 year old wr last year.   Rbs, even as good as McCoy is, are just easier to replace.

McCoy is going to be Daboll's OC proficiency test.  If Daboll can use him effectively, whatever performance he gets out of our OL, he may have something as an OC.

If Daboll can't, it doesn' mean "dooomed" but it doesn't bode well.

I don't think there's much trade market for  a 30 year old running back due $6M clamshells this year and $6.1 next.

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm pleasantly surprised he hasn't complained about being on a rebuilding team at this point in his career.

I think it plays into his ego.  He knows he's "the guy" on this offense.  

In regards to the OP, I just hope the Bills can be a middle-third passing offense by the time he retires or parts ways with the team.  He will be able to make more plays in a more balanced offense, imo. 

24 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He also was a threat to run so a defender needed to account for him.

its a fair point. But Teams did come down and plays the line in excess to the median .
Dare to make him a QB worked as Dennison dared to make him a pocket passer and anticipatory thrower !

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

(...)

The Bills were doing well using him for around 200 carries and should have been scaling that back each season......I figured 175-200 should be his range last year....... to get maximum per touch production.   Instead they beat the **** out of him with 275 carries.   Like it or not those carry totals are proven to matter.

If you just need 3.9 ypc then you don't need McCoy for that.   You are better off with a 230# RB beating up the defense if you are game planning to run for sub-league average(4.2ypc is average).    They need the McCoy who can give you closer to 5 ypc and be fresh late in the season.    He has finished each of his 3 regular seasons in Buffalo being carted off.   Literally carted off the field.     After the wear and tear of last year I am not sure he has that in him but I sure hope so.

I did not understand the design of the run game last year.  Someone who understands run blocking design - I think it was Kirby Jackson? might have been Bandit - reported from training camp there would be a fall off in production in our running game this year.  I was in denial, I didn't want to hear it.  Dennison won a Superbowl with a washed-up Peyton, had to be something there, right? 

I came over to the notion that our run game scheme was just not what it should be.  No one on opposing Ds seemed fooled, and absent a deep threat, Taylor's arm didn't scare anyone into backing off.  And yeah,  last year "Beat the hell out of Shady" seemed to be the idea.

Bad idea.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McCoy is going to be Daboll's OC proficiency test.  If Daboll can use him effectively, whatever performance he gets out of our OL, he may have something as an OC.

If Daboll can't, it doesn' mean "dooomed" but it doesn't bode well.

I don't think there's much trade market for  a 30 year old running back due $6M clamshells this year and $6.1 next.

You really are a good student of the Bills. Thanks Hapless : )
fair take about Dabolls  "Hi  my name is Brian Daboll and i am your brand new OC to  critique loathe demean  and  despise " " Glad to be here !! "
 If Daboll can't McCoy. there best be extenuating circumstances.
 I do have some added tolerances allowed for the New Kid.

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I did not understand the design of the run game last year.  Someone who understands run blocking design - I think it was Kirby Jackson? might have been Bandit - reported from training camp there would be a fall off in production in our running game this year.  I was in denial, I didn't want to hear it.  Dennison won a Superbowl with a washed-up Peyton, had to be something there, right? 

I came over to the notion that our run game scheme was just not what it should be.  No one on opposing Ds seemed fooled, and absent a deep threat, Taylor's arm didn't scare anyone into backing off.  And yeah,  last year "Beat the hell out of Shady" seemed to be the idea.

Bad idea.

Yeah, blame the run game on Dennison and his zone blocking scheme.

21 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy is the 30th player in NFL history to hit the 10,000-yard mark. Though entering his 10th season, McCoy doesn't plan on slowing down.

"I have more to prove," McCoy said, via PennLive.com. "It's just like, 'How long can he keep doing it? How long can he keep being productive?' And that drives me. It really does."

McCoy, who is listed at 5-foot-10, 210 pounds, has stated in the past that his goal is to achieve 12,000 yards rushing on his career. And part of his plan includes adjusting his diet as he continues his career.

"We have a great thing going on there," McCoy told PennLive.com. "I'm trusting the process with [head coach] Sean McDermott and [general manager] Brandon Beane. We got a nice team, so I'm happy to be a part of that and I think it's a big future for us."

As long as the offense has such an elite player,fully bought in , they'll always have a shot to be a threat.  

Even with question marks at QB , OC and OL , I think it's a huge addition by subtraction losing Tyrod n Dennison

• 2 weeks later...