Reuben Foster; Suspension

I'm a Bama fan and a Foster fan. I'm also all for giving a guy a second chance regardless of whether or not he went to Bama. At this point Foster has had his second chance. Another mistake and I'd kick him off the team.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

I'm a Bama fan and a Foster fan. I'm also all for giving a guy a second chance regardless of whether or not he went to Bama. At this point Foster has had his second chance. Another mistake and I'd kick him off the team.

I’m sure he’s on a short leash.

9 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

You wonder what you get even get for him in a trade. He’s not expensive like Dareus, but he has similar issues. You just don’t know if you can count on him. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

You wonder what you get even get for him in a trade. He’s not expensive like Dareus, but he has similar issues. You just don’t know if you can count on him. 

Why would the 49ers want to trade him? He was one of the top rookies last year. 

56 players have been suspended in 2017 - 2018. Can you really count on any players? I bet the Pats thought that they could count on Edelman.

Bruce Smith was suspended for 4 games. The Bills hired detectives to track him. Should the Bills have traded him?

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-01-11/sports/sp-260_1_bruce-smith

Edited by Sky Diver

12 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Why would the 49ers want to trade him? He was one of the top rookies last year. 

56 players have been suspended in 2017 - 2018. Can you really count on any players? I bet the Pats thought that they could count on Edelman.

Bruce Smith was suspended for 4 games. The Bills hired detectives to track him. Should the Bills have traded him?

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-01-11/sports/sp-260_1_bruce-smith

Relax your man crush! That was in direct response to a comment from a Bama and Foster fan that one more mistake and he’d kick him off the team. My QUESTION was what you could get for him after he’s damaged his reputation. Remain calm and rational, it does not appear he will be cut.

Today.     ?

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

Relax your man crush! That was in direct response to a comment from a Bama and Foster fan that one more mistake and he’d kick him off the team. My QUESTION was what you could get for him after he’s damaged his reputation. Remain calm and rational, it does not appear he will be cut.

Today.     ?

And my question was should the Bills have traded Bruce Smith after he was suspended for 4 games (2x more games than Foster) and was trailed after being suspected of associating with a drug dealer?

Yes or no?

I am really not getting all of the animosity for Foster, especially since the Bills have no investment in him.

Edited by Sky Diver

22 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

And my question was should the Bills have traded Bruce Smith after he was suspended for 4 games (2x more games than Foster) and was trailed after being suspected of associating with a drug dealer?

Yes or no?

That was so ridiculous I assumed it to be rhetorical. Carry on with your little one man crusade. 

Just now, Augie said:

That was so ridiculous I assumed it to be rhetorical. Carry on with your little one man crusade. 

If the Bills shouldn’t have traded Bruce Smith after he was suspended for 4 games and the Bills distrusted him so much that they had him trailed by detectives, why should the 49ers trade Foster?

Curious why you have so much of a visceral dislike for Forster and why you apparently think he is unslavagable as a human being. It’s completely over the top, in my opinion.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he is going to straighten out, hopefully with the support of the 49ers.

18 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If the Bills shouldn’t have traded Bruce Smith after he was suspended for 4 games and the Bills distrusted him so much that they had him trailed by detectives, why should the 49ers trade Foster?

Curious why you have so much of a visceral dislike for Forster and why you apparently think he is unslavagable as a human being. It’s completely over the top, in my opinion.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he is going to straighten out, hopefully with the support of the 49ers.

It feels like you think that anyone who wouldn’t either use a first on him or give him a monster deal is out to get him and thinks bama is a school for gumps... you have talked about the persecution of him, the visceral dislike.... there’s nothing aggressive towards foster in acknowledging that teams allegedly had character red flags on him and within a year he had an incident that caused a suspension.

youve chewed me out about me apparently hating foster before and I was one of the loudest voices saying we should take him once we traded back and he was sliding. Frankly, I was wrong as Tre has been a stud at a more premium spot, even though fosters been very good too.

Have you ever ever considered that instead of it being EVERYONE is out to get foster, that instead you are too quick to turn him into a victim? I’m sure there’s some folks with unreasonable hate of him, but they aren’t in this thread.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He'll probably get suspended again, but I'm sure you'll blame it on weed. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Regardless of what anyone thinks about him, he was first rd draft pick and he’s played up to his billing. 

He made some mistakes and is paying the penalty for it. Hopefully he’s learned from it and doesn’t make the same mistakes. 

Bruce Smith went on to have a fine career after he was suspended and the Bills hired detectives to trail him after they suspected him of associating with a drug dealer. Other players have successfully come back from suspensions. I don’t see why Foster can’t do the same.

14 minutes ago, stony said:

He'll probably get suspended again, but I'm sure you'll blame it on weed. 

Yeah, because smoking weed is so good for you.

Edited by Sky Diver

8 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Regardless of what anyone thinks about him, he was first rd draft pick and he’s played up to his billing. 

He made some mistakes and is paying the penalty for it. Hopefully he’s learned from it and doesn’t make the same mistakes. 

Bruce Smith went on to have a fine career after he was suspended and the Bills hired detectives to trail him after they suspected him of associating with a drug dealer. Other players have successfully come back from suspensions. I don’t see why Foster can’t do the same.

Yeah, because smoking weed is so good for you.

He certainly could. I haven’t memorized all the posts but has anyone said there’s no way he could? 

Ive seen many comment he’s risky. Which he is. I suspect you’d bet a small sum on him as you’d like to see him succeed, but would you bet the big stuff? If you are a GM and absolutely cannot miss is he the guy you push your chips in on? 

I’d love to see him succeed. Augie likely would be among the happiest here to find out the dude put everything together and grew into a great man. He very well could. He might also have many more incidents though, no?

• Like (+1) 2

There is an element of risk with any player. 56 players were suspended in 2017 and half of 2018. Who would have suspected that Edelman would have been suspended for 4 games?

I don’t have a crystal ball to know what Foster is going to do in the future.

We’ll see. 

52 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

There is an element of risk with any player. 56 players were suspended in 2017 and half of 2018. Who would have suspected that Edelman would have been suspended for 4 games?

I don’t have a crystal ball to know what Foster is going to do in the future.

We’ll see. 

Obviously there is an element of risk with anyone. Reasonable people use the bit they know (or in a GMs case the lots they know) to judge the degree and type of risk. Do you believe it’s  completely impossible to gauge risk? That there’s absolutely no correlation between known past displays of poor judgment and possible future?

I wouldn’t have predicted Edelman’s suspension, but mainly because the testing system is easy to beat. The dudes a partier, and had lots of injury issues to come back from. Whether or not he actually tested positive I would’ve been willing to bet at some point in the last year his system wasn’t clean for either recreational drugs or PEDs. 

What exactly is your point relative to Foster? He shouldn’t have been drafted? If you can predict how every 21 or 22 year old will behave when they make it to the NFL, you have a special calling and every NFL team should be knocking down your door.

Kiko Alonso was arrested twice in college and was suspended for a year. He was given a third chance by the Ducks. He was drafted in the second round by the Bills and hasn’t had any issues in his pro career that I am aware of. What did your crystal ball say about him?

I was critical of Dareus when nearly everyone was defending him. I never would have never given him the $100M contract. I was ridiculed about that too.

I was right about Dareus and will probably be right about Foster.

Edited by Sky Diver

13 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

What exactly is your point relative to Foster? He shouldn’t have been drafted? If you can predict how every 21 or 22 year old will behave when they make it to the NFL, you have a special calling and every NFL team should be knocking down your door.

Directed to me? I’m glad to respond if so... but it’s so far out in left field as a response to my stance that I’m not positive that you are responding to me.

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Directed to me? I’m glad to respond if so... but it’s so far out in left field as a response to my stance that I’m not positive that you are responding to me.

Go and try to have a point. It makes the discussion more interesting.

Edited by Sky Diver