Reuben Foster; Suspension

27 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Go and try to have a point. It makes the discussion more interesting.

In my posts I said I was advocating him being good value at our pick, yet you responded with a bit of a rant about how I have a crystal ball and asking if I thought he was undraftable.... you see the disconnect between your characterization of my posts, and the actual content of my actual posts, no? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

In my posts I said I was advocating him being good value at our pick, yet you responded with a bit of a rant about how I have a crystal ball and asking if I thought he was undraftable.... you see the disconnect between your characterization of my posts, and the actual content of my actual posts, no? 

This is what he does....ALL THE TIME.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Agreed, he would have been a good value pick but CB was a bigger need.

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

That’s why I’m trying to be do incredibly blunt about it and not even muddy the water with football talk.

I tried to have a normal conversation with him but it didn't work.  

I stated several times that I think Alabama is a good school but he would lose his mind if I didn't say it was/is elite academically.  Then he brought up that I might be bias against the south and that's why I think that.  I've lived in Atlanta for a total of 20 years.  He just couldn't think of anything logical to say so he came out of left field with me being bias.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

That’s why I’m trying to be do incredibly blunt about it and not even muddy the water with football talk.

Let's muddy the water.

Foster was the NFL Defensive Rookie of the month for November and he made the NFL All-Rookie Team.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is what he does....ALL THE TIME.

This cycle of ignoring whatever was originally said and then criticizing the responses (or lack there of) to his own question(s) are are what perpetuate him... It's like he (trys to) roast you for saying anything other than what he does regardless of the extent. My ORIGINAL thought was about him being risky, etc. and now to validate his point, this dude is bringing up how "everyone" roasted him for resigning Marcel when he was against it? And how because he was right about that then he will be right about the RECIPROCAL situation? 

Are we in the Twilight Zone? 

What is he talking about? Nobody ever brought that up but him and if someone hurt him about it, he is bitter and should move on (the Bills clearly did...)

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

I was critical of Dareus when nearly everyone was defending him. I never would have never given him the $100M contract. I was ridiculed about that too.

I was right about Dareus and will probably be right about Foster.

Put your thinking cap on. If I was a “homer”, I wouldn’t have criticized Dareus. Comparing Foster and Dareus like someone did in this thread doesn’t make any sense either.

Every draft pick carries risk. Foster was a first round pick so the 49ers deemed that the risk/reward ratio was favorable. I’m not sure what’s left to be said about that.

I think that pot is a dangerous gateway drug. At the very least, marijuana smoke contains toxins that are damaging to the lungs. On the other hand, I wonder what latitude law enforcement has. I think that a lecture and a stern warning would have made more sense than an arrest. That’s what I would have done if I had that option. Seems like overkill to me to arrest someone for smoking a joint and a waste of law enforcement and judicial resources.

On the other hand, maybe an arrest and a suspension was what he needed to clean up his act.

Edited by Sky Diver

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Let's muddy the water.

Foster was the NFL Defensive Rookie of the month for November and he made the NFL All-Rookie Team.

No no no- let’s own that you are fighting arguments that don’t exist (and doing it on the regular). The first step to fixing the problem is acknowledging the problem.

48 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

No no no- let’s own that you are fighting arguments that don’t exist (and doing it on the regular). The first step to fixing the problem is acknowledging the problem.

Let’s fix the problem then.

We both appear to agree that Foster would have been a good pick for the Bills if they hadn’t needed a CB more than a LB and he was a great value pick at 31 for the 49ers. Do I have that right?

If you separate out the cross-talk I think our views on Foster are aligned.

Edited by Sky Diver

26 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Let’s fix the problem then.

We both appear to agree that Foster would have been a good pick for the Bills if they hadn’t needed a CB more than LB and he was a great value pick at 31 for the 49ers. Do I have that right?

McDermott is very explicit in the type of player/person that he wants on his roster. There is no way that he would have used a lower first round pick on an immature player/person like Foster. That is not to say that he wouldn't have used a lower pick on him but it is unlikely that he  would have used a first round pick on him. 

I'm not categorizing Foster as a bad person. That's not how he has been described by most posters on this topic, although that is how you are describing it. But if you look at McDermott's drafts, especially the higher rounds, the type of people he has drafted in his first two years don't fall in the immature category who require tight supervision. Without a doubt Zay Jones has been a disappointment both on and off the field. But from what was known about him entering the draft he didn't have any indications of trouble where with Foster his history was more problematic. 

A lot of pundits had the Bills taking Foster in the draft. It would be interesting to know what the Bills take on him was. Aside from concerns about the off-field issues, he was coming off shoulder surgery and his style of play makes him susceptible to injuries. Plus, I think the need was greater for a CB. In the end, drafting White turned out to be a great decision.