Reuben Foster; Suspension

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Do I think Foster is permanently impaired? No. He was the signal caller and the field General for the defense. Do I think marijuana is dangerous and is a  gateway drug? Yes. Do I think PEDs has any legitimate role in sports? No.

Do I agree with Coach Saban that Foster is a great teammate, but not a Candy Stipper? Yes. Will Edelman get busted again for PEDs and will Foster face any more false charges? Who knows, I don’t have a crystal ball.

https://youtu.be/lYaU_VSLSdA

I will commend you on your endurance!     ?

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t if you know Foster’s story, but his father shot him and his mother when he was an infant. Yet, Foster forgives him. How many people would have the fortitude to do that? That speaks to his character to me.

Is he immature? Probably a bit. Has he made some bad decisions? Sure. Is he a bad guy? It doesn’t seem so. Wishing ill will on him is over the top. Do I hope he succeeds? Yes, but not because he went to Alabama, but because he is a human being.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I don’t if you know Foster’s story, but his father shot him and his mother when he was an infant. Yet, Foster forgives him. How many people would have the fortitude to do that? That speaks to his character to me.

Is he immature? Probably a bit. Has he made some bad decisions? Sure. Is he a bad guy? It doesn’t seem so. Wishing ill will on him is over the top. Do I hope he succeeds? Yes, but not because he went to Alabama, but because he is a human being.

I haven’t noticed anyone wishing ill will on him, just not liking the option of spending a lot a draft capital on a guy with multiple red flags. How do you explain the combine fiasco? Too odd for me to ignore.  I don’t know enough about the man to say if I’d be happy with him as a gamble at a cheaper cost....and at what point the risk balances the potential reward. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I haven’t noticed anyone wishing ill will on him, just not liking the option of spending a lot a draft capital on a guy with multiple red flags. How do you explain the combine fiasco? Too odd for me to ignore.  I don’t know enough about the man to say if I’d be happy with him as a gamble at a cheaper cost....and at what point the risk balances the potential reward. 

We didn’t spend any draft capital on him, so it’s a moot point relative to the Bills. 56 players were suspended in 2017 - 2018 the vast majority for longer duration than Foster. Who would have expected Edelman to be suspended for PEDs? Are some players higher risk than others? Sure. Is any player risk free? I don’t think so.

I don’t know what happened with the student hospital worker, but it sounds like they were both at fault. Was it cause for him to be undraftable? That’s quite a stretch.

Honestly, what more needs to be said about Foster. He will serve his suspension and move on. Hopefully he’s learned some lessons and will stay out of trouble.

Other than if SF plays the Bills, I’m missing how he is relevent to this forum.

And if anyone wants to goad me into promoting Alabama, I’ll be happy to meet you in another forum.:) Obviously I think it’s a great place.

Sure, getting booted from the combine is like a Gold Star in some alternate universes. Be sure to get plenty of sleep and fluids. Keeping up these types of delusions can be physically and emotionally draining and you need to take care of yourself. 

Some little hint of meeting in the middle might give you a shred of credibility. Total denial of obvious facts makes a person look silly. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

We didn’t spend any draft capital on him,

And this discussion is about WHY that didn’t happen. So far I’m in favor of the outcome on this one.

7 hours ago, Augie said:

Sure, getting booted from the combine is like a Gold Star in some alternate universes. Be sure to get plenty of sleep and fluids. Keeping up these types of delusions can be physically and emotionally draining and you need to take care of yourself. 

Some little hint of meeting in the middle might give you a shred of credibility. Total denial of obvious facts makes a person look silly. 

Never said it was a “gold star”.

6 hours ago, Augie said:

And this discussion is about WHY that didn’t happen. So far I’m in favor of the outcome on this one.

Why didn’t the Bills draft him? Don’t know. They needed a CB more than a LB?

He was defensive rookie of the month for November and made the all-rookie team. He’s a great player. SF got a steal.

Edited by Sky Diver

Disregard Augie too - he’s another northeastern elitist like me.

for serious though, what’s your tie to bama, @Sky Diver? Did you go? Did you watch them on tv with your dad? Did an LSU fan bully you and now you get your revenge with Saban? Any time someone is this dedicated I get genuinely curious about their story. Even if I slide in a joke or two here and there I’m actually seriously interested in how a northeastern guy got this passionate about a state school in the Deep South 

Edited by NoSaint

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

for serious though, what’s your tie to bama, @Sky Diver? Did you go? Did you watch them on tv with your dad? Did an LSU fan bully you and now you get your revenge with Saban? Any time someone is this dedicated I get genuinely curious about their story. Even if I slide in a joke or two here and there I’m actually seriously interested in how a northeastern guy got this passionate about a state school in the Deep South 

And do you really call him "Coach Saban" around the house?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

My son graduated from UA. He received academic scholarships and fellowships which covered his tuition and room/board. He started there when he was 16 and earned a BS/MS in Computer Science and Minors in Math and Computer-Based Honors (a nationally recognized undergraduate research program) when he was 20. His GPA was 4.0 for both his undergraduate and graduate degrees. He had multiple job offers before he graduated and is well employed as a software engineer with a top software company on the west coast. He graduated debt free and with substantial savings from his professional internships.

His friends, who were from all over the country and were also top students, have done quite well. They are all employed or in graduate school or law school. Most were engineering students.

He watched great football and received an excellent free education at Alabama, which has served him well. UA has a beautiful campus with state of the art facilities including Bryant-Denny Stadium, an incredible facility that seats about 102,000 fans. 

Roll Tide!

Edited by Sky Diver

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I was going to say who hasn’t, but that wouldn’t have ben nice.

If you knew my wife, you’d be afraid for having thought that. But now you’re coming across as an actual Alabama redneck! Way to fully embrace the role!   ?

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you knew my wife, you’d be afraid for having thought that. But now you’re coming across as an actual Alabama redneck! Way to fully embrace the role!   ?

I’ve probably watched too many of Rodney Dangerfield’s comedy routines.

On 7/3/2018 at 6:05 PM, Sky Diver said:

I don’t know the guy personally so I don’t know if he has a bad character or not. I’m not going to assume he does based on a pot charge in AL, the size of a rifle magazine, and a crazy ex-girlfriend.

Crazy ex-girlfriends will get you every time