If you could go back in time to high school

Just Jack

I’ve always said I wouldn’t change a thing, other than if I had hurt someone. I never meant to hurt anyone else, knowingly or otherwise. I’m sure I did and I regret any time that happened. Also, if I had done anything differently, I might not be where I am today, which is blessed in many ways. 

NOW, based on these new rules.....I passed on way too many girls in college who were not just “maybe’s”, but I passed on some great girls for what I thought at the time were good reasons. As they say, you regret the things you DON’T do more than the things you DO do.  This is apparently a common theme. 

Beyond that....Apple (I’ve always thought of myself as Forrest Gump-like), Google, Amazon and the usual cast of characters. 

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

A). I wouldn't have been such a gentleman and got with more girls.

B) I wouldn't have sold weed my senior year of high school. Ended up getting suspended for 2 weeks, barred from all school functions, the prom, lost my driving privelages, and had to ride the bus my senior year, had to tuck in my shirt for the rest of the year.

C) On the bright side they never called the cops and I wasn't going to Harvard anyway so it really had no bearing on my academic future.

A) You could have been Travis Henry’s role model!

B) At the very least, you shouldn’t have gotten caught! 

C) I went to Harvard. You walk around for a little while, check out the geeks, maybe hit the bookstore to get out of the heat or cold outside. Other than that it seemed overrated. 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

A) You could have been Travis Henry’s role model!

B) At the very least, you shouldn’t have gotten caught! 

C) I went to Harvard. You walk around for a little while, check out the geeks, maybe hit the bookstore to get out of the heat or cold outside. Other than that it seemed overrated. 

As to "C", nice part of town to visit. 

I’d have nailed chicks that were totally giving me signs that I was not seeing and staying away from them because of shyness

there are a couple of bullies I would like to go back and deal with now that I know they were just trying to dominate me for fear of me finding my balls and destroying them for the cowards they actually were

56 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Enjoy life more.  Got brainwashed into thinking how important grades, SAT scores, and colleges were to my future.  Like those years will affect your life’s outcome 

depends....

some have zero strikes at the plate, some have a few, some have 123

partners at my accounting firms and rich clients waited patiently for their sons to finally wise up and get to law school when they were 30 years old

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

depends....

some have zero strikes at the plate, some have a few, some have 123

partners at my accounting firms and rich clients waited patiently for their sons to finally wise up and get to law school when they were 30 years old

Yep, odds are your life will turn out better with more college and a degree that is highly useful.  Used to be you could make a good living as a craftsman, etc. but it is so hard to find such a job that is more than a lot of hours with minimal pay in current times.  I wished that I was more serious about something such as law school in my youth but it seemed like a lot of investment just to come back home and do closings on real estate transfers.  

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Yep, odds are your life will turn out better with more college and a degree that is highly useful.  Used to be you could make a good living as a craftsman, etc. but it is so hard to find such a job that is more than a lot of hours with minimal pay in current times.  I wished that I was more serious about something such as law school in my youth but it seemed like a lot of investment just to come back home and do closings on real estate transfers.  

accounting studies are always good to fall back on when other paths fail

just do what interests you and hopefully you can make a living at it.

times are always hard when you don't have connections to get you a break in your job life, keep pushing

somehow i found a niche