If you could go back in time to high school

Just Jack

In "the Yogi Book," Yogi Berra explained his quote, "When you get to the fork in the road, take it." He had just moved to a new house and an old friend was coming to visit. Yogi game him directions, including that famous line. The guy made it to his house, so Yogi figured the directions must have been good.

I'm happy with my life right now. Had I taken a different turn when I encountered any of the forks in my past roads, who knows where I might have ended up? Like Yogi, I figure that if you're happy with where you are in life, then whatever road brought you there must have been a good one. (Assuming, of course, that you didn't cause any fatalities or otherwise ruin someone's life.)

That's not to say I didn't make mistakes. I did all kinds of stupid things that I'm embarrassed about now. But I learned from them and grew as a person. Undoing a past mistake would be the same as skipping an important life lesson.

38 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

In "the Yogi Book," Yogi Berra explained his quote, "When you get to the fork in the road, take it." He had just moved to a new house and an old friend was coming to visit. Yogi game him directions, including that famous line. The guy made it to his house, so Yogi figured the directions must have been good.

I'm happy with my life right now. Had I taken a different turn when I encountered any of the forks in my past roads, who knows where I might have ended up? Like Yogi, I figure that if you're happy with where you are in life, then whatever road brought you there must have been a good one. (Assuming, of course, that you didn't cause any fatalities or otherwise ruin someone's life.)

That's not to say I didn't make mistakes. I did all kinds of stupid things that I'm embarrassed about now. But I learned from them and grew as a person. Undoing a past mistake would be the same as skipping an important life lesson.

some months i'm doing too well and others it's the total pits

so try to keep a balance and not be too smug or too depressed, and remember others are on the same see-saw as well

• Like (+1) 1

One thing I definitely would have done was walk up to my football coach and ask him "how are we supposed to be running a cover 2 defense with a 4/4 and a single high safety?"   At best that's a cover 3 with the corner and the deep safety each having their respective areas in deep coverage.   LBs protect the flats, which is what we did.   But to call it a cover 2 was just silly.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I would plow my freshman English teacher. She seemed too old at the time (probably 40ish), but there was no doubting her good looks and sexyness paired with her apparant fondness of good looking, athletic young men. She seated a number of us front center and would sit on her desk directly in front of us in her short skirts. We all joked about it, but as far as I know, none of my classmates did the deed. Of course this was way before GBID started his "Hot for Teacher" expose, so it probably happened at some point.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE
  • Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't change anything with the exception of privately advancing my accumulation of inconspicuous wealth by investments, sports betting and creating the companies of today before their inventors did.