Beane's Counterbalance to Missing on Josh Allen: Great Trades, Drafting, and Free Agent Pickups.

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Shirley you understand that Bean and McD has the same 9-7 record while doing a hard reset on all the mistakes Whaley made? Whaley trades away future picks and spent in FA just to get to that same 9-7. Compile a list of starting offensive lineman that Whaley drafted? Is that entire list <> Dawkins? 

Beane is is getting so much love because he clearly has vision, the same vision and foresight that Whaley lacked. Hopefully he gets some picks right because then he is indeed the guy. 

Sammy - highest scoring team in the nfl, signed by one of the best offensive coaches, in the playoffs. Our wrs sucked last year.

Dareus - helped turn the Jags rub defense around and ours sucked and trade. Nearly went to SB.

Darby - starter on Sb team

ragland - starter on playoff team

abd this doesn’t count Bradham, Woods, & Robey other key players on playoff teams.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So much potential with this last draft......hope it ends up being great.

The difference between Josh Allen's injuries is they were repairable.......concussions are not.

Some people do not suffer any long term or short term effects after a concussion heals 

it all depends on the person and severity of concussion 

also shoulder injuries can linger like a Andrew Lucks...

yea concussions are worse but I wouldn’t have drafted Allen just because he never had a concussion... I would draft him cus he’s better

Baker had a concussion as well and nobody mentions that and says he might be damaged

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Some people do not suffer any long term or short term effects after a concussion heals 

yea concussions are worse but I wouldn’t have drafted Allen just because he never had a concussion... I would draft him cus he’s better

Baker had a concussion as well and nobody mentions that and says he might be damaged

It is true that concussions are different for differnent players......your willing to gamble your franchise on that?

Meanwhile......Josh's shoulder injure was well handled and he does not appear to have any lingering effects from it....if he did that throwing shoulder would not be as strong as it is.

Baker had the concussion......ONE concussion.   Rosen has had multiple concussions.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sammy - highest scoring team in the nfl, signed by one of the best offensive coaches, in the playoffs. Our wrs sucked last year.

Dareus - helped turn the Jags rub defense around and ours sucked and trade. Nearly went to SB.

Darby - starter on Sb team

ragland - starter on playoff team

abd this doesn’t count Bradham, Woods, & Robey other key players on playoff teams.

Yikes. 

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It is true that concussions are different for differnent players......your willing to gamble your franchise on that?

Meanwhile......Josh's shoulder injure was well handled and he does not appear to have any lingering effects from it....if he did that throwing shoulder would not be as strong as it is.

Baker had the concussion......ONE concussion.   Rosen has had multiple concussions.

Again I agree, im just laying out both sides

and Baker actually has 2 concussions in a span of 1 month

VS TCU in november of 15

then Clemson December of 15

but I agree Allen is healthy 

Edited by Buffalo716

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

picking nits at something yet to be shown, All in fun i expect. 
I was glad Bills went for a QB and how they went about it.  at this point we just have to trust they picked a Kid they feel they can develop. Seems so already ?

if they need to go for it again ? So be it.

And Draft is not the only way to get there.

shucks, Nick Foles might shake free ....

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Ha sustained two concussions that he shows no lingering effects from.  You're overstating the case to justify Allen as the pick.   We'll find out in the long run. 

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sammy - only 593 yards and 8 TDs for the Rams, thinks he's a reptilian solar being

Dareus - One drag race or failed drug test away from a year-long suspension, part time player, bad effort, wasn't worth his enormous salary

Darby - His departure (along with Gilmore and Robey's) paved the way for an IMPROVED Bills secondary, led by Tre'Davious White, who is already better than Darby.

ragland - two-down thumper built for 3-4, not 4-3. Wasn't suited to McDermott's defense. Yes, the Chiefs made the playoffs. The Bills did, too, so who cares? 

There you go, I fixed all of that for you.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ha sustained two concussions that he shows no lingering effects from.  You're overstating the case to justify Allen as the pick.   We'll find out in the long run. 

We will definately see.....

I didnt want Allen before the draft.....I really was more of a Rosen guy but had not done my research on Rosen.....after going up to UCLA and talking to some of the students who actually know him....I dont want that guy on my team.

Meanwhile....I cannot help but root for Allen...not because he is a bill but also I identify with him on a personal level.   I also grew up on  Northern CA Dairy as a kid because my grandfather owned one.....I did a lot of the same things Allen did.....I relate to him and his family and I think he has the work ethic to get it done.

26 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So much potential with this last draft......hope it ends up being great.

The difference between Josh Allen's injuries is they were repairable.......concussions are not.

And sometimes shoulder or arm injuries are not repairable especially if it's a re-injury of a previous repair.

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We will definately see.....

I didnt want Allen before the draft.....I really was more of a Rosen guy but had not done my research on Rosen.....after going up to UCLA and talking to some of the students who actually know him....I dont want that guy on my team.

Meanwhile....I cannot help but root for Allen...not because he is a bill but also I identify with him on a personal level.   I also grew up on  Northern CA Dairy as a kid because my grandfather owned one.....I did a lot of the same things Allen did.....I relate to him and his family and I think he has the work ethic to get it done.

You talked yourself into Allen and you want to feel good about the pick.  You're making that quite clear by your posts.  Meanwhile Cardinals' players and coaches are excited to have him as the QB of the Future because he has elite processing skills. 

Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson said that rookie quarterback Josh Rosen's pocket presence is "off the charts." Peterson also compared the defensive philosophies of Steve Wilks and Bruce Arians
Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You talked yourself into Allen and you want to feel good about the pick.  You're making that quite clear by your posts.  Meanwhile Cardinals' players and coaches are excited to have him as the QB of the Future because he has elite processing skills. 

Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson said that rookie quarterback Josh Rosen's pocket presence is "off the charts." Peterson also compared the defensive philosophies of Steve Wilks and Bruce Arians

LOL and your expecting him to say what?  We have bills players saying the same thing about Allen.

Come on your better then this.

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Look, I don't want to rehash this, but be factual, please.  Baker Mayfield had two concussions within a fairly short period in 2015 - month or month and a half.  He also commented on a concussion in HS.    This stuff isn't hard to find.  So no, Baker has not had ONE concussion, he has had at least 2 in a short period of time, at least 3 overall.

Rosen had two concussions in a similar short time frame as Mayfield. 

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

LOL and your expecting him to say what?  We have bills players saying the same thing about Allen.

Come on your better then this.

You should be more objective.  The things they are saying fall in line with exactly what he demonstrated at UCLA in terms of first rate information processing and intelligence. Your attempt to tear Rosen down is nothing more than a homer perspective. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Look, I don't want to rehash this, but be factual, please.  Baker Mayfield had two concussions within a fairly short period in 2015 - month or month and a half.  He also commented on a concussion in HS.    This stuff isn't hard to find.  So no, Baker has not had ONE concussion, he has had at least 2 in a short period of time, at least 3 overall.

Rosen had two concussions in a similar short time frame as Mayfield. 

You are correct....Mayfield has had multiple concussions.

I still stand behind my believe when it comes to QBs and concussions.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

You should be more objective.  The things they are saying fall in line with exactly what he demonstrted at UCLA in terms of first rate information processing and intelligence. You attempt to tear Rosen down is nothing more than a homer perspective. 

I find it interesting that you are talking about being objective......then throw out a video of his own teams player giving him props....

You have consistantly bagged on Allen and propped Rosen dont talk to me about being objective.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You are correct....Mayfield has had multiple concussions.

I still stand behind my believe when it comes to QBs and concussions.

I find it interesting that you are talking about being objective......then throw out a video of his own teams player giving him props....

You have consistantly bagged on Allen and propped Rosen dont talk to me about being objective.

I haven't changed any opinions on either that I've held before the draft.  Can you say the same thing? 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So if a fan changes his mind on a player they are not being objective?

You changed your mind because Allen was drafted by the Bills.  It's what you do.  If Rosen was a Bill, I have no doubt that you'd be singing his praises with excitement. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz