Nick Clark Buffalo Bills Rookie Tryout 2012

Became a NYS trooper and was shot and killed responding to a domestic disturbance call this morning.  He was a 2X NYS high school wrestling champion from Canisteo Greenwood and a DIII All American linebacker at Alfred U.  He did look good in Red, White and Blue.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Sad 4

Here's a Youtube highlights.  Kid was a DIII standout.  Can't help but like the way he played.

Our police respond to calls for help from the public and will often encounter people having the worst day of their lives.  Maybe say a thankyou to the next officer or trooper you see.

• Like (+1) 3

RIP

Sad day here in Corning.

Was initially hoping it wasn’t going to be my brother’s best friend. Then when we found out he was ok, so I was hoping it wasn’t going to be my pregnant co-workers husband. Happily for her it wasn’t.

Then we find out it was this classy, already well-accomplished young guy. From my parents hometown and had donned Buffalo Bills colors too. Unreal.

Too young. Too much to give. 

Edited by KennyDavisEyes

6 minutes ago, JoeF said:

State Police Police Benevolent Association Signal 30 Fund is accepting donations in Trooper Clark's memory... This fund goes to support families of officers killed in the line of duty

https://www.stargazette.com/story/news/public-safety/2018/07/02/state-police-trooper-corning/752239002/

Very sad.

He has a red pinney #6 in the photo above.  I wonder what his assigned number was.  As a LB I'd expect it to be in the 50's or 90's.  If someone can find his number, I will donate that amount.

• Like (+1) 1

Flash forward to some point this Fall.   I can see a color guard from Troop E, Zone 3, Bath Barracks participating  in the pregame ceremony.  There will be a gap in the line and the PA will state the reason why.  My eyes will start leaking again.

39 minutes ago, JoeF said:

State Police Police Benevolent Association Signal 30 Fund is accepting donations in Trooper Clark's memory... This fund goes to support families of officers killed in the line of duty

https://www.stargazette.com/story/news/public-safety/2018/07/02/state-police-trooper-corning/752239002/

Very sad.

....it most certainly is....The Signal 30 Fund is a worthwhile organization...we have been corporate sponsors for years at their annual event....

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

RIP Nick Clark

And so many look up to football players as "heroes", what a joke.

Prayers to his family and what a terrible story. Sounds like a great guy.

but what is the point of bashing football players here?  Warrick Dunn’s mother was killed as a police officer when he was a kid so he built houses for people who couldn’t afford them in his offseason in her memory (Deshaun Watson grew up in one).  I think that qualifies as a hero.

and honestly, your parents should be your hero.  Well, I looked up to certain people growing up, my mom was always my hero.

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Shot by a school principal, who then shot himself.  How unlikely is that?!  RIP, Officer Clark.

It is a crazy story.  Think about what the kids at his school must be going through.  Gotta worry if he didn’t have a gun, this probably never happens.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Prayers to his family and what a terrible story. Sounds like a great guy.

but what is the point of bashing football players here?  Warrick Dunn’s mother was killed as a police officer when he was a kid so he built houses for people who couldn’t afford them in his offseason in her memory (Deshaun Watson grew up in one).  I think that qualifies as a hero.

and honestly, your parents should be your hero.  Well, I looked up to certain people growing up, my mom was always my hero.

It is a crazy story.  Think about what the kids at his school must be going through.  Gotta worry if he didn’t have a gun, this probably never happens.  

The kids are, of course, on summer vacation for the most part, so it's parents who are having to try and explain this to their kids.  The school has a humongus challenge ahead of them.  They have two months to find and hire a principal with a strong enough character to overcome the credibility issues that his predecessor has created, and then they have to figure out how they approach the kids in a way that enables the kids to trust authority.