Teams allowed to wear throwbacks/alts 3 times

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wonder if the day will ever come for the 90's unis.  

The stupid helmet rule makes a replica of the 90 unis impossible.  We'd either have to change the color back to red or the league would have to change that rule.

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Within 10 years NFL teams will be wearing a different suit every week like they do in college is my prediction.

I really hope not.  Its awful.

And they can launch the bills' red color rush nonsense into the sun

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wonder if the day will ever come for the 90's unis.  

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Seriously. Why is it taking so long?

Would be nice for celebrating the 25th anniversary of our last AFC Championship win.

At least with respect to the helmet that's not going to happen, boys.  The NFL mandates only one helmet shell per player per season -- purportedly for safety reasons -- so the Bills can't have a supply of red shells on hand for such an occasion.

Now, it has been debated whether this "safety" rule is really necessary -- with today's modern helmet technology there is really no "break-in" period for helmets and look how many colleges change them up regularly -- but until the NFL rule changes you aren't going to see the Bills in red helmets.

17 hours ago, The Red King said:

I think the only reason Bills went with red in the Hoth game was maximum visibility in the blizzard.

Can we just establish that the Colts game now is officially known as the "Hoth Game" as of today?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I’m not a big fan of throw backs, just rotate between home and away and play ball. 

I like the all white throw backs.  I'd rather just make that the official all white "away" uniform and keep the modern blue on white as the official "home" uniform. 

13 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Within 10 years NFL teams will be wearing a different suit every week like they do in college is my prediction.

Frankly I'd relish this. I wish they wore their AFL blue throwbacks like they use to those are the best unis they have period IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

As if it affects the players any, like they're wasting precious practice time to make these decisions.

Who implied that? I just prefer the traditional home and away unis. I don’t like the alternate jerseys in the NBA or the throw backs in the NFL, it’s all a money grab and most of them aren’t as good as what the team would normally be wearing.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Who implied that? I just prefer the traditional home and away unis. I don’t like the alternate jerseys in the NBA or the throw backs in the NFL, it’s all a money grab and most of them aren’t as good as what the team would normally be wearing.

Typically "just play ball" is used when fans feel that players are being distracted by other issues.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Typically "just play ball" is used when fans feel that players are being distracted by other issues.

Typically when you use quotation marks the words inside them match what someone else said. 

48 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

On paper and in general, yes.  Absolutely.

But there are cases in the league where the franchise has great looking uniforms from the past. The fans want it. The league wants it. There are not many of  these cases, though. The chargers have it.  The rams have it. The bills have it. These teams  know how to do it and they should. 

There are also teams that have them but don’t use them correctly. The lions of the 60’s. They had a great helmet. Shoulder stripes but they choose to use that bland 50’s look. Ugh. 

There are are others that have been legislsted out because of the helmets.  The patriots. The redskins. 

Edited by bobblehead

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The stupid helmet rule makes a replica of the 90 unis impossible.  We'd either have to change the color back to red or the league would have to change that rule.

There is a workaround but it costs teams money. Repaint helmets before and after game. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

There is a workaround but it costs teams money. Repaint helmets before and after game. 

couldn't they put some kind of "wrap" on it?  Sort of like Rex had on his pickup truck.  Came right off when he wanted to turn it into a Clemson truck.

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

couldn't they put some kind of "wrap" on it?  Sort of like Rex had on his pickup truck.  Came right off when he wanted to turn it into a Clemson truck.

I thought it was 'Clem's truck'.  Some of that idiot's cluelessness did have me thinking of him as 'Clem'.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Surely teams must have multiple helmets for individual players.  If an inspection revealed a safety flaw in a game day helmet, I doubt a player sits out while waiting for a new helmet to be made.  The NFL could easily poll in the off season for teams' preference for a throwback scheme for the upcoming season, and make sure that ONE variation has a properly designed and fitted helmet suitable for the throwback.  If a free agent is signed midway through the season, does he have to wait until the helmet company makes up an appropriate lid?

If I'm missing something that these poor cash strapped teams and poor cash strapped NFL can't afford, members, please clue me in.  I attribute difficulties due to my constantly running into the brick wall in my yard in the Rawlings replica Bills helmet from the mid 60s.  Now THERE'S a pending lawsuit for Celino and Barnes.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Had to correct autocorrect...?