Teams allowed to wear throwbacks/alts 3 times

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/02/nfl-to-allow-teams-to-wear-alternates-three-times/

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/07/buffalo_bills_can_wear_throwback_jerseys_three_times_in_2018.html

This is basically what the Bills did last year, with the throwbacks twice and the red Color Rush once in the Colts snow game (since there was no Thursday night game).

Wonder if it stays the same or they choose the throwbacks three times.

I'm just not a fan of the red unis.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I bet we wear the red vs NE on MNF. Probably can get a red out going and really get The place nuts.

Ignoring the result of the game, I liked the 2009 AFL uniforms both teams would wear when facing each other - Bills whites throwbacks versus Pat the Patriot looked great and I wouldn't mind seeing it again with a much different result. The TN Oilers and Navy Jets were pretty sharp too.

Edited by JimKellyTryouts
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

I think the only reason Bills went with red in the Hoth game was maximum visibility in the blizzard.

It was announced months before that they were wearing red against Indy you can't make a game time decision what uniform you are gonna wear 

Edited by uticaclub

13 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

It was announced months before that they were wearing red against Indy you can't make a game time decision what uniform you are gonna wear 

Wow...that's wild then.  A lucky coincidence for the Bills.  Timing, huh?

3 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Ignoring the result of the game, I liked the 2009 AFL uniforms both teams would wear when facing each other - Bills whites throwbacks versus Pat the Patriot looked great and I wouldn't mind seeing it again with a much different result. The TN Oilers and Navy Jets were pretty sharp too.

Other than the Bronco's uni's all the AFL era uniforms were very sharp.  I really miss the Oilers' gear whether AFL or the Campbell/Phillips era.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Wow...that's wild then.  A lucky coincidence for the Bills.  Timing, huh?

Well they had a good guess that if any game would have winter conditions it would be in December, right?

That is like guessing most sunstroke (and running out of water) will occur in September.