#WalkAway

• 2 weeks later...

This Former Never Trumper Will Vote Early in Florida To Re-Elect the President

See the original by Chris Bustin here.

Protest vote.

Those two words encapsulated my Election 2016 thought process, which led me to vote for Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson.

In these past four years, however, I’ve undergone a political epiphany of sorts: I will now be voting early next month to re-elect President Trump.

In Donald Trump, I’ve discovered a president who matches measured military restraint with conservative legislative policies.

With this president, opposing pre-emptive wars, defending the Second Amendment, and protecting the unborn are no longer mutually exclusive.

Furthermore, a vote for President Trump offers a peaceful means by which we everyday citizens can push back against the mob mentality of rioting and cancel culture.

In 2016, I couldn’t bring myself to vote for Trump because I was concerned that his boorish persona would seep into his foreign policy.

However, my concerns never came to fruition. In fact, the president’s Jan.8 address to the nation in response to Iranian aggression provided an unexpected sense of calm:

“The fact that we have this great military and equipment, however, does not mean we have to use it. We do not want to use it. American strength, both military and economic, is the best deterrent.” –@realDonaldTrump pic.twitter.com/ChN7EPirXO

— GOP (@GOP) January 8, 2020

President Trump’s opposition to endless wars stands in stark contrast to this nation’s March 2003 invasion of Iraq.

And that’s a wonderful thing indeed.

More at the link

Walking away 

In the presidential race, Biden is doing better — much better in some cases — with groups Hillary Clinton lost big. The Post reports: “Biden leads among White women with college degrees by 41 points and is almost even among White women without degrees. In 2016, Clinton lost White women without college degrees by 23 points.” Biden’s improvement both with Whites without college degrees and college-educated Whites is remarkable. (“Clinton won college-graduate voters overall by 21 points in Pew’s survey of confirmed voters, and she lost those without a college education by seven points. Today, Biden is ahead among college-educated voters overall by 30 points and narrowly behind among those without college degrees, by six points.”) Biden also leads among older voters, a reverse of 2016.

The New York Times-Siena polls shows similar results. “Mr. Biden is winning 60 percent of white women with college degrees, compared with 34 percent for Mr. Trump, and he is beating the president among men with college degrees, 50 percent to 45 percent,” the pollsters found. “Four years ago, according to exit polls, Ms. Clinton won college-educated white women by only seven percentage points and lost college-educated white men to Mr. Trump by 14 points.”

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Tom Ridge caved to the teachers union in PA 20 years ago by increasing their pensions by 50% and reducing their vesting time from 10 years to 5. He's just another RINO, trying to ingratiate himself and his consulting firm to D.C. insiders. 

And poll after poll shows poll after poll is wrong or someth8ng!!! 😂 😆 😝 

5 hours ago, Dub said:

As far as I understood, the #Walkaway

movement is Dems that are fed up with the direction of their party. Wrong ?

Guess they're just #Racists too. 

Opposition = racist

That is correct. 

Many who did a #walkaway have said, "I didn't leave my party, my party left me."

• Like (+1) 2