2018-2019 NBA Thread

You wonder how long the Warriors can keep going.   Over the past 5 years, they've played 20 playoff series;  an extra season and a half in playoff games.   That's gotta wear guys down, mentally and physically.

Glad the warriors won.  I made a little money betting on them in the game.

However, I had another bet that the Raptors would win last night by 1-2 points.  In the final secs this looked like a given, until the foul with secs remaining that gave up two shots.  I could've won $140...

19 hours ago, dpberr said:

Danny Ainge will trade himself right out of that job if he does a deal for Davis.  There is absolutely no way Davis is staying in Boston past his contractual obligation according to his agent and Ainge will have to give up a king's ransom for him.  

I don't know why the Lakers desperately want him either.  Touches are hard to come by on an LBJ team and he's never had to share the superstar spotlight with a forward.  (FWIW, I don't consider Kevin Love in his Cavs years a superstar on AD's level.)  The Lakers need shooters and the Pels aren't taking back any of that suicide squad they assembled last year.

Isn’t the risk with Boston trading for AD the same as when Toronto traded for Kawhi? And I don’t believe there is zero chance he stays - right now his agent is trying to get him to the Lakers but if the Celtics get him, he could decide to re-sign 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Isn’t the risk with Boston trading for AD the same as when Toronto traded for Kawhi? And I don’t believe there is zero chance he stays - right now his agent is trying to get him to the Lakers but if the Celtics get him, he could decide to re-sign 

Toronto has yet to see if he sticks around or not.  Toronto legitimately did EVERYTHING they could do to keep him.  I personally think he will stay in Toronto. 

In regards to AD and Boston, there are two things going on.  One, his father hates Boston for how they treated Isiah Thomas.  Second, his agent, like you said, is trying desperately to get him to Los Angeles.  

If I were the Lakers, I'd trade LeBron and actually commit to being a real basketball operation and do a real rebuild.   

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So do the Raptors go to the White House? Or do they go to Justin Trudeau’s House?

Interesting question. Do they want fast food or a fake eyebrow falling off into their poutine?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...