Why the hate for Josh Allen?

Why the hate for Josh Allen?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. I hate Josh Allen because ...

• After the JP and EJ debacles, I just can't accept the idea we may actually have made a good pick.
    • I really wanted a whiny, self-aggrandizing prima donna, not this other Josh.
    • I dont know what I would complain about if the Bills actually had sustained success on the field.
    • The possible satisfaction of saying "I told you so" three years from now outweighs any satisfaction I might gain from watching the Bills succeed.
    • I dont, Allen is our guy and Im riding the Josh Train to the SB.

32 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I gave you several options Tom ...

Yeah...I didn't bother reading any of those.  Don't need you to feed me opinions.  I'll give you my own...as soon as I bother to remember if I had one.

8 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Im already loving that two people chose option #2.

Well make it 3. 

I don't think anyone hates Josh Allen. There was some criticism of the pick. I was among them. I didn't like him at any point in the process. He was ranked as the #6 QB on my board having watched 6-8 full games of all these guys. But I am entirely supportive of him and actively want him to win the starting job. 

Would I have preferred the other Josh? Sure. But Josh Allen will now get judged purely on what he produces for the Bills. 

Edited by GunnerBill

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well make it 3. 

I don't think anyone hates Josh Allen. There was some criticism of the pick. I was among them. I didn't like him at any point in the process. He was ranked as the #6 QB on my board having watched 6-8 full games of all these guys. But I am entirely supportive of him and actively want him to win the starting job. 

Would I have preferred the other Josh? Sure. But Josh Allen will now get judged purely on what he produced for the Bills. 

I suspect some TBD posters will judge Allen by what Rosen produces for the Cards.

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I suspect some TBD posters will judge Allen by what Rosen produces for the Cards.

If Rosen lights it up it and Allen fails that will be considered in the overall evaluation. As will the two guys we could have picked at #10 the year before.

That is just the NFL - when you select a Quarterback you gotta be right. Ultimately though if Allen becomes a genuine franchise QB for the Bills I think that is a success whatever anyone else does. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If Rosen lights it up it and Allen fails that will be considered in the overall evaluation. As will the two guys we could have picked at #10 the year before.

That is just the NFL - when you select a Quarterback you gotta be right. Ultimately though if Allen becomes a genuine franchise QB for the Bills I think that is a success whatever anyone else does. 

Fair enough but you will have to give it 3-5 years.  Its quite possible Rosen lights it up out the gate but gets injured or loses interest early.

....probalby has to do with the notion that a college QB with such a low completion pct has never been successful in the NFL.....and even when there have been a few to imrpove...the best case is Jake Locker going from a 54% passer in college to a 57% passer in the NFL....3 pct...and still well below what most would consider good enough to succeed.  

The anger isn't so much at Allen as it is in the idea that for 2 years this whole series of trades, moves, jockeying, etc...was all to lead up to getting "the man" ....and when the pick finally came in, the leadership selected Josh Allen...a huge gamble/risk.  

(I have my reservations about Allen, BUT...I LOVE that your front office pulled the trigger and is shooting for the stars instead of accepting status quo)

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

Explain how. 

I'm not explaining anything to you.

Surf the threads. You'll see plenty.

How did you vote? Oh, wait - What the hell are you still doing on this thread you hate so much? 

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

And you?

Me?

I'm on the JA train.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I'm not explaining anything to you.

Surf the threads. You'll see plenty.

How did you vote? Oh, wait - What the hell are you still doing on this thread you hate so much? 

Me?

I'm on the JA train.

80 percent in favour of JA...

I’m not seeing the hate...

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

@DC Tom is the only one worthy of that. I don't consider myself the judge of bestowing such a title upon the masses of morons.

just saying, that would clearly be his vote. if anyone else tried to vote there...i think they would be sniped from a balcony or something.

Before the draft I didn't see to many people high on Allen. With everything I was reading I was kind of shocked we went Josh Allen. Rosen was getting photoshopped in a Bills uniform and Allen wasn't.

I seen a little over reaction but not a lot of hate. People with stat concerns and maybe a handful of people that were offended by Allen's tweets.

I understand the pick and support it. I can also understand if a Bills fan wanted Rosen and was dissapointed. Things have settled down because they have to be.

You really can't debate on QBs that haven't played a game yet. I suspect any hate you think you see on Allen now will pale in comparison if Josh Allen doesn't live up to expectations. You already have people wanting him to start game one of the season.

The investment the Bills made is Josh Allen so I think every Bills fan wants him to be a franchise QB. I think the message board actually settled in fast after the pick.

Edited by Lfod