Why the hate for Josh Allen?

Why the hate for Josh Allen?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. I hate Josh Allen because ...

• After the JP and EJ debacles, I just can't accept the idea we may actually have made a good pick.
    • I really wanted a whiny, self-aggrandizing prima donna, not this other Josh.
    • I dont know what I would complain about if the Bills actually had sustained success on the field.
    • The possible satisfaction of saying "I told you so" three years from now outweighs any satisfaction I might gain from watching the Bills succeed.
    • I dont, Allen is our guy and Im riding the Josh Train to the SB.

Last April, Brandon Beane scored a coup of sorts by landing Josh Allen as our first round pick.  Due to some questionable decision-making by Cleveland and others, Allen was still on the board when we were able to move up and take him before Phoenix, forcing the Cards to settle for the Other Josh.  

By most accounts, Allen has the most potential upside of any of the QBs in the draft, although he may be the least ready to play right now.  He has the physique of an NFL QB, with a cannon arm that seems to effortlessly sling the ball deep across the field.  He's smart, but recognizes he has a lot to learn.  He has a killer work ethic.  And he seems to be really happy to be a Buffalo Bill.  Oh, and he was drafted by the people who found a way to get Buffalo to the playoffs for the first time in a generation.  

While most fans of a team bereft of top-tier QB talent for several decades would be overjoyed to get a pick with a legitimate shot at becoming a franchise quarterback, for some reason the vast majority of TBD posters seem to have it in for Allen.  Many topics, and the vast majority of replies, tend to denigrate Allen.  A casual fan reading TBD would be inclined to believe that Josh Allen is a total joke, a waste of several picks would not even make the roster on a decent team.

The hate is palpable. Maybe its just our collective Post-Kelly Stress Disorder, but we as fans have been anything but excited to have Allen on our team.  Instead of rolling out the red carpet, we've practically packed him into a wooden crate and shipped him back home to Wyoming (or California, or wherever).

To help me wrap my head around this strange phenomenon, please choose the reason you hate Josh Allen.  Feel free to add your own reason below.

• Like (+1) 1

We, of course, know way more about football and potential talent than the Bills front office, no matter who is running it. That is why we complain.

Actually, I was on the Josh Allen train long before the draft, he was the one I wanted all along. So, in three years I hope I can pull those posts and say "I told you so" to all the hater "experts" here. I hope! ?

• Like (+1) 3

there was a brief moment, maybe ten seconds, when his name was announced and i was really mad. leading up to the draft i really wanted rosen. the pick was made, i allowed myself ten seconds. then i took a deep breath, cleared my head, and immediately bought my ticket on the josh allen express. 

I want our first round top 10s to be great. Half the NFL teams that want a QB wanted him. I want him to be able to start day 1. He's on a team he can game manage he should be able to do that. Many rookies do it. I'm rooting for our best QB to be on the field, but if it's Pete or AJ winning because they're not rookies I don't like the sign of not trusting our gamble.

The OP posted, therefore I will play along...I’m just tired of the Bills drafting QBs based on potential and size rather than picking a guy who has proven he can play the position well and win...unfortunately, Allen has done neither of those things/ regardless of the type of team he played on...a lot of people don’t like the EJ comparisons, but the fact of the matter is that Allen was picked for the exact same reasons...size, big hands, personality, and strong character...fingers crossed.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Well, this should be fun. 

Im already loving that two people chose option #2.

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

The OP posted, therefore I will play along...I’m just tired of the Bills drafting QBs based on potential and size rather than picking a guy who has proven he can play the position well and win...unfortunately, Allen has done neither of those things/ regardless of the type of team he played on...a lot of people don’t like the EJ comparisons, but the fact of the matter is that Allen was picked for the exact same reasons...size, big hands, personality, and strong character...fingers crossed.

Having lived through both JP and EJ, I can respect that stance.  Unfortunately I suspect more people hate him due to options #3 and 4.