Which throwbacks are best throwbacks?

What are your favorite throwbacks (besides the Bills' standing buffalo)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite throwbacks?

• Patriots - Pat the Patriot
    • Bucs - Bucco Bruce Creamsicles
    • Dolphins - Football Dolphin
    • Steelers - Bumblebee Szn
    • Broncos - Old helmet color rush
    • Packers - Acme Packers
    • 49ers - Drop Shadow Szn
    • Falcons - Black on Black
    • Other

50 minutes ago, cage said:

I think that both the Bills and Chargers throwbacks are better than those listed in the poll

Which is why I said that this poll was for teams BESIDES the Bills. 

On 7/1/2018 at 11:47 AM, Maynard said:

Hate to say it, but The Pats throw backs are pretty slick.  Next I gotta go with The Bucs. I miss that helmet and orange. Tampa should go back, I hate their newer uniforms in both color and design. 

especially compared to what they have now. Bucs currents have to be the worst color combo in the league

On 7/1/2018 at 8:39 AM, Buffalo86 said:

That pirate hasn't been on the Bucs' helmet since '96.  Asked to explain their hot 5-0 start in '97, Tony Dungy explained "Obviously it's the new uniforms."  

The Buccaneers have worn them as throwbacks since then.

The only true "throwback uniforms" of the bunch are Green Bay and Pittsburgh.  They are from a totally different world and I love both of them.

Among the other "throwback logo" options, I love old Patriots, Dolphins, and Buccaneers.

Here is perhaps a better poll idea: can you name a single uniform or logo that was improved with its more modern iteration?

I can't think of any off-hand.

9 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

That's what I was thinking.

I haven't been here since spygate so I was just guessing.

I chuckled when I figured it out though.

Yeah, he's not the only one doing it but the concept is kind of half-witted in IMO.

The name of the team isn't in question, so why the asterisk?  He is trying to suggest their Superbowl championships are in question (some or all of them?) but the asterisk next to the name of the team doesn't make sense for that.

Would make a lot more sense if used in the context of a reference to them being Superbowl champions in a given year.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The only true "throwback uniforms" of the bunch are Green Bay and Pittsburgh.  They are from a totally different world and I love both of them.

Among the other "throwback logo" options, I love old Patriots, Dolphins, and Buccaneers.

Here is perhaps a better poll idea: can you name a single uniform or logo that was improved with its more modern iteration?

I can't think of any off-hand.

I can name one. Lions. I really like what Nike did with them deleting the black piping and cleaning up the look. 

The jets, god how it pains me to say this, but their titans unis are fricken awesome.

But our throwbacks are top notch.

20 hours ago, nucci said:

especially compared to what they have now. Bucs currents have to be the worst color combo in the league

yes. Both of their previous looks were classic.

On 7/2/2018 at 4:31 AM, Hellcamino said:

how do the *Pats do it?  their throwbacks are white, regular helmets are silver?

*Pats haven’t worn throwbacks since 2013.

Their alternates are the color rush version of their current blue set.