RG Sweezy Released by Bucs

Signed a big deal in 2016 after playing in 49 games for Seattle in 4 years. Sweezy missed all of 16 and is coming off a leg injury. Anyone know anything about him? 

I really believe the Bills feel they are set on the interior of the line, but a Vet wanting to prove he can play on a one year deal could be nice insurance. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It sure would be nice if a veteran OL came available that could actually play RT well and slide inside if needed depending on the situation this year.......

These guys seemed to be available in the past.....I would think the bills would swoop in on someone like that if the chance given.

I strongly agree.  I was just checking on that but as far as I can see Sweezy has only played RG his entire career.

Unless its for around vet minimum, forget it. Beane isn't going to bring in a competition type player on a player friendly contract.

Miller is still on his rookie contract, and will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. His camp competition is already here. 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Signed a big deal in 2016 after playing in 49 games for Seattle in 4 years. Sweezy missed all of 16 and is coming off a leg injury. Anyone know anything about him? 

I really believe the Bills feel they are set on the interior of the line, but a Vet wanting to prove he can play on a one year deal could be nice insurance. 

He missed 2016 right after signing his big contract, due to back injuries.  Now he looked OK in 2017, but back injuries in an OLman...watch out.

• Like (+1) 1

He's young enough that if he works out he could be on the team for a while.  He was good enough to start at RG for a team that won the Superbowl.  I wouldn't pay much because of his injury history (and I'd like to see Miller and Teller get some playing time this year anyway) but I think I'd sign him at the right price.

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Headed to the Raiders to reunite with Tom Cable when he becomes healthy is what I hear. 

Good luck with Gruden. Not my favorite guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Headed to the Raiders to reunite with Tom Cable when he becomes healthy is what I hear. 

Cable converted him from a defensive lineman in college. He was at best passable in Seattle. Was a disaster in Tampa. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Cable converted him from a defensive lineman in college. He was at best passable in Seattle. Was a disaster in Tampa. 

Ah, that does make sense why he would go to the Raiders. Bad backs aren’t good for any player,  but OL in particular due to stance and impact.