Great Fairburn story on Siran Neal

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So this isn’t a Neal thread?...

I cannot believe it turned into another thread about Peterman. I hope in time we can discuss Tyrod ?  lol

love these up and comers ! One of my favorite bits of team building. Bringing in seemingly low percentage to succeed players and letting them shine does my heart good

Go Siran !

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

That was just a ruse.....

at least it wasn't a click to peterpan again !

Edited by 3rdand12

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://theathletic.com/413439/2018/06/29/siran-neal-buffalo-bills-nickel/

“We’re trying some different players in that position,” McDermott said during minicamp. “You’re not going to do it unless you feel like it’s a position of strength. We’re still vetting that process right now and trying to find exactly the right guy for that role. And sometimes that changes a little bit, just the complexion of it, based on who you are and the strengths of your players. I know [defensive coordinator Leslie] Frazier and his staff are vetting that out right now.”

One player being vetted is Neal. Neal isn’t quite as big as Thompson, who plays closer to 230 pounds, but he hits like a wrecking ball, allowing him to play the run, while having the feet to match up in coverage.

Not hearing Neal's name much at OTA but it sounds like he's a puzzle piece McDermott has been looking for: a corner who hits like a linebacker.

Thanks for the share Promo

17 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

https://youtu.be/5QrFj8M2cHI

fun highlight video. He has a tough/mean attitude when he plays. Could be a nice addition. 

I know it is a High light video, but that was f'n fun as heck !

what are his lowlights ?
Because he looked smart physical reads well and wow he sure uses leverage well on those sure handed tackles.

confidence is easy to see.

Thanks MBGA : )

..NOT meant to be a "tear jerker...feel good story" comment, but kids like the lad Neal, Milano, Meatball, etc are my kind of NFL guys....never destined to be in the 1st or 2nd, but it didn't mean a damn thing....they fought, scraped and persevered eventually going in the 5th and hell bent on making EVERYTHING of the opportunity.....only 1,696 are privileged to be employed in the NFL annually and these guys just work their tails off to be there....what is even more gratifying is that they QUIETLY go about their business to be the best....now THAT is "feel good" for me....

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..NOT meant to be a "tear jerker...feel good story" comment, but kids like the lad Neal, Milano, Meatball, etc are my kind of NFL guys....never destined to be in the 1st or 2nd, but it didn't mean a damn thing....they fought, scraped and persevered eventually going in the 5th and hell bent on making EVERYTHING of the opportunity.....only 1,696 are privileged to be employed in the NFL annually and these guys just work their tails off to be there....what is even more gratifying is that they QUIETLY go about their business to be the best....now THAT is "feel good" for me....

Perhaps it truly is best played as a Team Game. as compared to "me" game as the NFL has plenty of.  ( yes i know, it truly is a business )

It's a little creepy when anyone calls it , building a culture , when you think about it.
But since i like this culture , I am cool with it

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Perhaps it truly is best played as a Team Game. as compared to "me" game as the NFL has plenty of.  ( yes i know, it truly is a business )

It's a little creepy when anyone calls it , building a culture , when you think about it.
But since i like this culture , I am cool with it

...DEAD on and so am I bud......buying into the unifying culture eliminates one more from thing from the checklist in a highly complex and demanding game.....diapering 53 divas is a time wasting, woeful distraction IMO.....

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Where they are drafted means nothing the second after they are picked to me.....

To me this is where your scouts and gm make their money.....finding those guys in the late rounds that end up being real players.....I look at this draft and think Beane did something really special this year

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Where they are drafted means nothing the second after they are picked to me.....

To me this is where your scouts and gm make their money.....finding those guys in the late rounds that end up being real players.....I look at this draft and think Beane did something really special this year

...NOT disputing the "where factor"....BUT...finding them later before someone else does means you scout staff is earning their money as you said.....just ironic that Meatball, Milano, this Neal kid and perhaps Teller from VT are all in the 5th.....thinkin' maybe to "drink a 5th to the 5th"...LOL.............

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...NOT disputing the "where factor"....BUT...finding them later before someone else does means you scout staff is earning their money as you said.....just ironic that Meatball, Milano, this Neal kid and perhaps Teller from VT are all in the 5th.....thinkin' maybe to "drink a 5th to the 5th"...LOL.............

I was thinking we should just trade all our picks for like 20 5th round picks and call it a day!

(Im just kidding....but we do appear to have some success in this round)

• Haha (+1) 1

taking time to sort out from the weeds which are flowers. College Scouting staff is looking good and Pro scouts are not far behind.

Agreed that whaleys pro scouts were pretty good. likely College too . Till Rex started picking his defense

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

So this isn’t a Neal thread?...

I wondered the same thing.  I like Neal.  The main risk is that some or all of his skills won't translate well to the NFL.  That's a pretty big leap from Jacksonville State.  There's a good chance he'll be able to contribute in some capacity, however.

Edited by TigerJ

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I was thinking we should just trade all our picks for like 20 5th round picks and call it a day!

(Im just kidding....but we do appear to have some success in this round)

...LMAO!!....seems to be our "value round", right?.....uncanny but certainly a potential benefit................

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO!!....seems to be our "value round", right?.....uncanny but certainly a potential benefit................

The 5th is the new 2nd! 

I honestly didn’t realize he was as big as he is at 6’1” and 202 lbs per article. That’’s bigger than my draft time image for some reason and could allow him to be used in a variety of ways.....hopefully. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so back to Neal....what do you think Augie?...potential for another 5th round find?.....

I recall that after Beane got here he signed a lot of guys to the Scouting department that we were told were up and comers several  of whom were taking sideways moves to come to Buffalo ( no doubt though Pegula’s money was a factor  as well)..

This is where those guys can earn their keep..finding quality players on Day 3 of the draft...

Must admit that Neal wasn’t on my radar prior to the draft but have since become optimistic about him..

Ditto Teller who was on my radar and I loved in the 5th..Probably asking a bit much to expect a lot from him this year though... maybe one to break through in 2019..

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His floor is that he will not make it in the NFL just like many other QBs who come into the league as 5th round picks. 

Just shut up already. Why does everyone have to keep repeating the same dumb shet instead of seeing how he develops?

• Like (+1) 1

IMO Neal could be the steal of the draft.

It depends on McDermott scheming him in properly.

34 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

Just shut up already. Why does everyone have to keep repeating the same dumb shet instead of seeing how he develops?

while i appreciate your position, I think your delivery is lacking. Stop being an !@#$.