Great Fairburn story on Siran Neal

https://theathletic.com/413439/2018/06/29/siran-neal-buffalo-bills-nickel/

“We’re trying some different players in that position,” McDermott said during minicamp. “You’re not going to do it unless you feel like it’s a position of strength. We’re still vetting that process right now and trying to find exactly the right guy for that role. And sometimes that changes a little bit, just the complexion of it, based on who you are and the strengths of your players. I know [defensive coordinator Leslie] Frazier and his staff are vetting that out right now.”

One player being vetted is Neal. Neal isn’t quite as big as Thompson, who plays closer to 230 pounds, but he hits like a wrecking ball, allowing him to play the run, while having the feet to match up in coverage.

Not hearing Neal's name much at OTA but it sounds like he's a puzzle piece McDermott has been looking for: a corner who hits like a linebacker.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

....good find Promo.......love it when the 5th round keeps being special.....Meatball, Milano and now perhaps this kid?...maybe Teller?....hopefully Peterman (uh oh; gonna get torched for this one) at some point?....stay tuned..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....good find Promo.......love it when the 5th round keeps being special.....Meatball, Milano and now perhaps this kid?...maybe Teller?....hopefully Peterman (uh oh; gonna get torched for this one) at some point?....stay tuned..........

Peterman's floor is being a solid backup like Reich. Nothing wrong with that.

But this Neal kid might become something special.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Peterman's floor is being a solid backup like Reich. Nothing wrong with that.

But this Neal kid might become something special.

His floor is that he will not make it in the NFL just like many other QBs who come into the league as 5th round picks. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His floor is that he will not make it in the NFL just like many other QBs who come into the league as 5th round picks. 

Exactly.

reich was a heck of a backup QB... that is Peterman ceiling rn imo 

a good backup

( and I like Neal In a big dime package playing next to Edmunds )

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....seeing you chime in is a complete and total shock...............image.png.c5fa2843a021b3522d38a0bcecde3c92.png

Seeing you respond to the obvious in defense is the same. Don't care. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Exactly.

reich was a heck of a QB... that is Peterman ceiling rn imo 

a good backup

Backup QB/Spot Starter would be a good career for him.  No guarantees of that. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Exactly.

reich was a heck of a backup QB... that is Peterman ceiling rn imo 

a good backup

...no qualms if he ends up as a decent backup......if out of the Allen/McCarron?Peterman trio, we net the next Kelly/Reich duo, what would be wrong with that?.....and maybe the odd man out nets us a draft pick as well....sounds like a lousy scenario to me........

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Seeing you respond to the obvious in defense is the same. Don't care. 

Backup QB/Spot Starter would be a good career for him.  No guarantees of that. 

....and nothing wrong with that either.......a 5th progressing to a decent backup/spot starter would be pretty successful career......

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...no qualms if he ends up as a decent backup......if out of the Allen/McCarron?Peterman trio, we net the next Kelly/Reich duo, what would be wrong with that?.....and maybe the odd man out nets us a draft pick as well....sounds like a lousy scenario to me........

....and nothing wrong with that either.......a 5th progressing to a decent backup/spot starter would be pretty successful career......

Of course it would as I have said many times. We'll see.

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I actually don’t mind our QB room rn

alot of younger kids who are driven and have a lot to prove 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I actually don’t mind our QB room rn

alot of younger kids who are driven and have a lot to prove 

....a long, LONG time coming.............when Waste Management would decline picking up 90+% of the garbage passing through the OBD QB turnstiles post Kelly, you know there are "issues"....

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...see, I knew we were on the SAME PAGE.....GREAT minds think alike.....:thumbsup:

I really appreciated the way you handled yourself in this thread.  You could have been much different - much respect.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, White Linen said:

I really appreciated the way you handled yourself in this thread.  You could have been much different - much respect.

...I appreciate it.....the only way this place will work and survive is if we have mutual respect for differing opinions.....sure there are those who 24/7/365 drive their opinion into the ground no matter what, so you just move on from those.....my pretty simple mantra that I have used in business for the last 42 years and applies here is that, "treat people the way you want to be treated"....engage those who buy into it and disengage those that do not"......

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I appreciate it.....the only way this place will work and survive is if we have mutual respect for differing opinions.....sure there are those who 24/7/365 drive their opinion into the ground no matter what, so you just move on from those.....my pretty simple mantra that I have used in business for the last 42 years and applies here is that, "treat people the way you want to be treated"....engage those who buy into it and disengage those that do not"......

image.png.c5fa2843a021b3522d38a0bcecde3c92.png

Is that respectful? 

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so back to Neal....what do you think Augie?...potential for another 5th round find?.....

We need to make a habit of finding some steals....and I pray he’s one of them. I like versatility. 

• Like (+1) 1